Small Questions v.10093

Jon Weirgaryen

While listening to DwD audio book, during the Thenn/Karstark wedding in the wall, the narrator list Septon Cheyle as present during the wedding. I don't have the books within reach, but further research points towards the book confirming what I heard (see http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/106564-jon-snow-reread-project-part-5-dwd/page-15#entry5888625).

I thought he died when Theon offered him to the drowned God. The wiki confirms this. Is this a author mistake, an unreliable narrator occurrence, or something I've yet to comprehend?

While listening to DwD audio book, during the Thenn/Karstark wedding in the wall, the narrator list Septon Chayle as present during the wedding.

[...]

I thought he died when Theon offered him to the drowned God.

An obvious mistake here. The septon at castle black is septon Cellador, the one in Winterfell, now dead, was septon Chayle. Autocompletion error was suggested before.

An obvious mistake here. The septon at castle black is septon Cellador, the one in Winterfell, now dead, was septon Chayle. Autocompletion error was suggested before.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured that's what happened, but maybe there was some interviews with GRRM where he addresses that, like a SSM.

From Clash 56 :

The night before, it had been the miller's wife. Theon had forgotten her name, but he remembered her body, soft pillowy breasts and stretch marks on her belly, the way she clawed his back when he fucked her. Last night in his dream he had been in bed with her once again, but this time she had teeth above and below, and she tore out his throat even as she was gnawing off his manhood. It was madness. He'd seen her die too. Gelmarr had cut her down with one blow of his axe as she cried to Theon for mercy. Leave me, woman. It was him who killed you, not me. And he's dead as well. At least Gelmarr did not haunt Theon's sleep.

If the wife is dead, I doubt the miller survived.

From Clash 56 :

If the wife is dead, I doubt the miller survived.

still, not a confirmation though (i just recently got into the hooded man thing. him calling theon a kinslayer, and that the miller's children [or one of them] may be theon's. could the hooded man BE the miller)

still, not a confirmation though (i just recently got into the hooded man thing. him calling theon a kinslayer, and that the miller's children [or one of them] may be theon's. could the hooded man BE the miller)

Read the hooded man passage again. Then read any common noethman talking. Then read one the minor nobles talking, say Vayon poole or a clansman. Then read a noble talking. And then tell me if you still think the Hood Man is a commoner.

It seems very unlikely Theon would have kept a witness alive, someone who could tell it was not Bran and Rickon who had been killed but his own sons.

Yeah Theon killed some of his own men to keep that secret, no way he'd let the miller live.

Read the hooded man passage again. Then read any common noethman talking. Then read one the minor nobles talking, say Vayon poole or a clansman. Then read a noble talking. And then tell me if you still think the Hood Man is a commoner.

thats a good way of looking at it objectively, actually. i like that. when i get to it again, ill keep that in mind. thanks!

Are there any other men of the Night's Watch, that went missing Beyond the Wall before Bloodraven, that we know of?

We know that many of Bloodraven's Raven Teeth ( his company of longbowman) followed him to the Wall when he was sent there by Aegon V. However , we don't have any information about his dissaperance. Some people say Coldhands is one of Night Watch's men who went missing with BR

Are there any other men of the Night's Watch, that went missing Beyond the Wall before Bloodraven, that we know of?

To be fair, we don't really know much about any men of the Night's Watch outside of the Lord Commanders prior to Jon's arrival at the Wall.

We only know that he was sent to The Wall in 233 , in 239 he was elected Lord Commander of Night's Watch and he dissapeared during ranging beyond the wall in 252.

It should also be noted, I suppose, that Bloodraven was born in 175, meaning that he was about 58 when he went to the Wall, 64 when he became Lord Commander and 77 when he disappeared while ranging beyond the Wall.

That reminds me - doesn't it strike anyone as weird that the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was on a casual ranging?

Obviously Bloodraven intended to get "lost" en route to becoming one with the weirwoods, but what on earth did he tell his men? "I'm just stepping out, I may be some time"????

Archived