Cricket XXV - The long runup to the World Cup

Stubby

I must be especially dense. I can't see how to get into the SoLBW league.

It's not just you, I did find that confusing initially.

So, who do you guys think will win?

I hope it's Sri Lanka, but I'm guessing it's gonna be either SA or Australia (looking at current form) (and other stuff).

Probably Australia are the favourites, particularly with home advantage, although they don't look as invincible as some previous Australian squads they seem to have a well-balanced team. NZ also have home advantage and a very useful set of players so I think they are real contenders, and South Africa could potentially put their lamentable record in World Cups behind them. Sri Lanka could have a chance even if the conditions wouldn't be perfect for them, I think that while have great players in Sangakarra, Jayawardene and Malinga they maybe lack strength in depth a bit. Pakistan seem to be without a couple of their best bowlers but may do reasonably well. India have been in very poor form recently although on their day they might have the most destructive batting line-up so can't be counted out. England might win some games but I can't see them being consistent enough to get to the final and I'm not sure how motivated West Indies are going to be after their recent troubles.

You need to create a team first and then you can join a league.

Oh right. I will get onto that ASAP.

This should put a bit of ginger into following the WC. Are we going to have any house rules, like must have at least one player from a minnow team in your roster? Or are we just going to operate within the rules set by Cricinfo?

I found that if you wanted to have a star player or two you absolutely had to have some minnow players just because of their price. I have one Afghani and one Irish player so far, but considering a few trades for more star players that could be facilitated by minnows.

I found that if you wanted to have a star player or two you absolutely had to have some minnow players just because of their price. I have one Afghani and one Irish player so far, but considering a few trades for more star players that could be facilitated by minnows.

Players from the associate nations can sometimes outperform some of their more expensive counterparts, I remember getting a lot of points from Netherlands' Ryan Ten Doeschate in the last World Cup.

This is Bangladesh's year, I can feel it!

No one can stand against our endless supply of left arm orthodox spin attack. The fast bowlers will only be there to give the other teams a chance. And Hope.

Right before we crush them!

:fencing:

I remember some rather rabid Bangladeshi fans saying this sort of stuff before the last world cup. They were apparently going to smash India in the opening match....

And then Sehwag made them all cry.

They'll be lucky to win a single game against a test team.

But good luck to you anyway, for what it's worth.

I remember some rather rabid Bangladeshi fans saying this sort of stuff before the last world cup. They were apparently going to smash India in the opening match....

And then Sehwag made them all cry.

They'll be lucky to win a single game against a test team.

But good luck to you anyway, for what it's worth.

:lol: That's just how we roll! Emotional roller coaster (with a healthy dose of delusion) for the win!

Absolutely but RTD should have been trying for SA, not turning out for Netherlands. I feel the same will be said (although between different countries) after this World Cup is done.

I wonder if Eoin Morgan might regret some choices if Ireland end up doing better than England in the World Cup. He might be a bit relieved that they're not in the same group, if he'd captained an England side that lost to the team he made his World Cup debut for I suspect his former team-mates would never have let him live it down.

Instead of joining the league , i created a league with the same name and password . Now what the fuck am i supposed to do :dunno:

I think you may be taking your "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member" forum signature a bit too seriously.

Instead of joining the league , i created a league with the same name and password . Now what the fuck am i supposed to do :dunno:

Send me a PM here with your email address. I can invite you to the league that way if you can't get in otherwise. :)

The above goes for anyone who is having trouble joining the league, BTW.

this is the league i created http://postimg.org/image/7xjtutdpv/

That's weird. I did try creating a league with the same name and an alert box comes up with "league name already exists". :dunno:

Xray, the name was not case sensitive, at least in my attempt to recreate the issue. Tried both upper and lower case and in both instances I got the message box saying "league name already exists".

Archived