Cricket XXV - The long runup to the World Cup

Stubby

Zimbabwe beat SL by 7 wickets with 5 overs to spare in today's warm up. Wow thats a major upset. SL still have a lot to do if they are gonna be a genuine contender this time around.

Also NZ thrashed an almost full strength South Africa side. Ominous sign for the rest of the competition that the Kiwis can match it with the favorites.

Zim beating SL is indeed surprising. While NZ have been considered dark horses at previous tournaments, I think they are genuine contenders this time around second only to Australia. So NZ beating SA is not really surprising considering the form NZ have been in. What was unexpected was the margin of victory. Wouldn't read too much into warm-up matches though.

I went through and tweaked my squad a bit. Looked for people out of form, and also tried to get at least one player from every country, except for the host nations. That forced me to go with unfamiliar faces from cricket powerhouses like Scotland, which I think is the right thing for Fursuit Mania to do early in the tourney. Once I see who is getting demoralized/demolished, then I'll tailor the lineup to reflect that form.

I suck at fantasy leagues. My aim is to not finish last. Gonna be a tough ask. Currently my squad consists largely of players from NZ, Aus and SA, although I end up tweaking things every other day. I've added a couple of Zimbabweans into the mix. Not simply going off their win against SL. During the tri series against SA and Aus last year, Zim acquitted themselves quite well. I think they might pull off one or two surprises. I'm going to have to reduce the number of players in my squad from the 'big 3' though.

I went through and tweaked my squad a bit. Looked for people out of form, and also tried to get at least one player from every country, except for the host nations. That forced me to go with unfamiliar faces from cricket powerhouses like Scotland, which I think is the right thing for Fursuit Mania to do early in the tourney. Once I see who is getting demoralized/demolished, then I'll tailor the lineup to reflect that form.

Is Fursuit Mania going to change team for the knockouts to reflect teams still in the competition, or to ensure minimum points by leaving in players whose teams have been eliminated?

Is Fursuit Mania going to change team for the knockouts to reflect teams still in the competition, or to ensure minimum points by leaving in players whose teams have been eliminated?

The former. The goal is to always field a team of players who are actually in the competition and taking the field. :)

(there will probably be days where that doesn't happen, due to life circumstances, etc)

Unfortunately the games start at midnight, 3am and 5:30am over here. Perhaps I will wake up early for certain games played over a weekend. For the 3am games, I will be able to catch the second innings - and perhaps the back end of the 1st innings for the 5:30am games - since I have a tv in my office. :)

I just hope this year is the year for the men in green and gold. I don't think I can handle another choke.

Consigliere, I'm going to follow you and change my avatar to reflect my support.

Kyoshi

iam with you i hope they dont choke this time and man i cant wait to AB in action

for me australia and new zealand and south africa are going to be top 3 and has a high chance of geting the cup..

iam sad being defenders of the cup we are not that strong team espeacialy in bowling and maybe we can get into semi but from there if we win its because of our batsman mainly kholi and dhoni

Archived