Cricket XXV - The long runup to the World Cup

Stubby

Well I'm in first position in the league at the moment, but I doubt it's going to last. But damn if I'd picked Anderson over Boult I would have amassed a huge number of points from his batting and bowling efforts. I went with Kane Williamson as my captain. Not sure I'll pick up many points from the Eng/Aus game As I only have Broad and Johnston from those teams. They seems to have done an OK job for their sides but not the best.

Ugh, I just realised I picked Broad as an all rounder, so his duck is going to hurt me.

I did literally ten times better out of the England v Australia game.

I had Finch, Finn, Root and Taylor in that one. Ronchi and Dilshan had me stone motherless last in the NZ game.

I fucked up in the Aus/Eng game. Had Faulkner in my team (wasn't sure whether or not he will be fit to play). I meant to wake up at 5am to check the starting XI, overslept and ended up with a player who didn't even play. My alternatives to Faulkner were going to be either Finch or Hazelwood.

Fairly predictable win for Australia - a shame the marquee opening game wasn't a nailbiter, but there will be plenty of cricket to be played over the coming month.

Taylor is definitely hard done by on that chance for a century - don't think there should have been a runout after the LBW decision. Some people might say that you can get run out after an LBW appeal (e.g. if it were turned down, ball is still live and you can run them out), but once the decision is given in the affirmative I think that should be it for the play.

Thank goodness we have decent commentators too. They've brought in all the international ones instead of having the parochial Australian cheerleading squad, and it's already made the games more bearable.

The umpire raised the finger before the ball hit the stumps? Then it is dead ball, simple as that.

Thank goodness we have decent commentators too. They've brought in all the international ones instead of having the parochial Australian cheerleading squad, and it's already made the games more bearable.

:agree: Finally able to watch an Australia game in Australia without listening to James Brayshaw. Thank heavens.

Archived