GRRM 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter, v.2

Thanks Apple Martini!

Any predictions on family of day 3...? I'd say not the Starks, Lannisters or Targs.

...maybe the Martells or Tyrells. The Stark will probably be the last family. You know with that whole winter and stuff thing they have going on. ;)

Thanks Apple Martini!

Any predictions on family of day 3...? I'd say not the Starks, Lannisters or Targs.

I'll say Arryn or Tyrell. I think Targs, Starks and Lannisters are probably the obvious last three (if the order means anything). If he uses the NW that will probably come later, too. Martells and Baratheons are important-ish so I'd expect them sometime in the middle.

I will repost this here then.

" kimim, on 11 Dec 2014 - 1:50 PM, said:

They end with Epiphany, which was supposedly the day the Magi reached baby Jesus, and gave him their gifts. It's traditionally a day of celebration. Also, the word "epiphany," as in "sudden understanding," is tied to that. "

Thanks for answering me. Hmmm. The last day being called "Epiphany" or whatever it says (not sure how Twitter works) gives me a good 2% feeling of hope instead of none at all, but I still don't think there's anything to read into.

Apparently George is constantly blogging, tweeting, and doing other various interviews and stuff like that on the internet. If this was some rare occurrence or something out of he norm for George I might read into it a little. But it's not. So I'm not.

I'm to the point where if it ever gets released, it'll be a nice surprise for me. I no longer set myself up for disappointment when it comes to ASOIAF. I just continue to re-read old stuff and enjoy new side stuff.

I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I think it'll be a split book again like someone else guessed so he can keep up with the show. I wouldn't mind that at all. Didn't the editor hint at there being more than seven books a few months back?

...maybe the Martells or Tyrells. The Stark will probably be the last family. You know with that whole winter and stuff thing they have going on. ;)

Yeah I'd say Starks are going to be the last, with Targ and Lannister directly before. Gotta get the Baratheon's and the Arryn's in there too. If he's sticking with the major characters (POV or not) then we could have some of the lesser families: Frey's? Mormonts? Clegene? Even a family that has little power but has someone integral like Littlefinger?

ETA mostly :ninja: by Apple

ETA2: oh, maybe the Blackfyre's too? Since we do have fAegon playing a big part in ADWD and presumably WOW

My guess...

On the third day...House Arryn can hide no longer...

On the fourth day...House Frey has some unexpected guests...

On the fifth day...House Baratheon needs a light...

On the sixth day...House Martell needs a new plan...

On the seventh day...House Tyrell hands out suspicion...

On the eighth day...House Bolton is feeling the holiday Spirit...

On the ninth day...House Lannister is being tamed...

On the tenth day...House Targaryen is lighting the fire...

On the eleventh day...House Stark comes together...

On the twelfth day...The Night's Watch blows the horn thrice...

"And now it's winter...happy holidays everyone. Remember...until you see the release date on my live journal, don't believe anything you read." ~(f)GRRM

Oh, crap, Le Cygne I was going to respond and the thread was at the limit...

Yeah, when I saw Tully thrown out yesterday, it was a cold water to the face thing. LOL! I was like, ok, why, Tully….?

I had hoped and guessed it would be Houses, and then it naturally follows that Stark is later…or the end. But who the hell really knew until Greyjoy was posted today?

But what is being conveyed: It is where they are at, it is serving as a brush up/recap and the wording is future…what we all talk/debate about all the time.

I would be happy with a chapter, I love the ideas regarding the Sansa chapter, even the artwork…but I agree with others; I don't see how this would pertain to the show, D & E, etc.

The theme/pattern emerging is directly from ASOIAF, and from where we last left off with the houses. Kinda like the statistics bracket in sports…but regarding Houses and a little holiday theme too. LOL!

Yeah I'd say Starks are going to be the last, with Targ and Lannister directly before. Gotta get the Baratheon's and the Arryn's in there too. If he's sticking with the major characters (POV or not) then we could have some of the lesser families: Frey's? Mormonts? Clegene? Even a family that has little power but has someone integral like Littlefinger?

ETA mostly :ninja: by Apple

ETA2: oh, maybe the Blackfyre's too? Since we do have fAegon playing a big part in ADWD and presumably WOW

I see how you sneak in the Mormonts there, sneaky. :D I'm not sure the Blackfyre's would merit a mention 'cause we aren't suppose to know (in universe) that Aegon is in fact fAegon.

I will repost this here then.

"Didn't the editor hint at there being more than seven books a few months back?

She mentioned the possibility of him wanting to do 8 books and expressed reluctance but acknowledged a possibility. Maybe a split would be a compromise.

Archived