GRRM 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter, v.2

I see how you sneak in the Mormonts there, sneaky. :D I'm not sure the Blackfyre's would merit a mention 'cause we aren't suppose to know (in universe) that Aegon is in fact fAegon.

:leaving:

As to the Blackfyre's...that's true. But at the same time, they did crop up a lot in AFFC and of course in ADWD. So while we aren't supposed to know about fAegon yet, they have been getting name dropped quite a bit in recent books--including the D and E and the World Book

You're free to go elsewhere and ignore all of this at any time.

Hey, I'm trying to save you guys from some hurt! I've been on hype trains before, and it is a bitter, empty feeling when they crash. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, and throw celebratory release-date feast for us all (as is my charge).

According to Elio it's just some "holiday fun," and nothing to get excited about...

https://twitter.com/westerosorg/status/543014574451335168

Maybe, probably. But it's still fun to speculate about.

And I reiterate that even if it were something big, they're not going to come out and say so before the jig is up. What's he going to say, "Oh you guys got it, it's the release date/a new chapter"? Hardly.

Hey, I'm trying to save you guys from some hurt! I've been on hype trains before, and it is a bitter, empty feeling when they crash. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, and throw celebratory release-date feast for us all (as is my charge).

I'd rather overhype and be disappointed than shit in everyone's cornflakes while they're having some fun. But that's me.

According to Elio it's just some "holiday fun," and nothing to get excited about...

https://twitter.com/westerosorg/status/543014574451335168

Of course they say this.

If they get excited...that feeds the flame.

If they are silent...that feeds the flame.

If they confirm it is something...they spoil the surprise and feed the flame.

Basically...they are R'Hllor.

:leaving:

As to the Blackfyre's...that's true. But at the same time, they did crop up a lot in AFFC and of course in ADWD. So while we aren't supposed to know about fAegon yet, they have been getting name dropped quite a bit in recent books--including the D and E and the World Book

True, he might bring them in order to continue to tease us. I hope we are not getting ourselves all worked up for nothing. Although it is fun to speculate. :D

Maybe, probably. But it's still fun to speculate about.

And I reiterate that even if it were something big, they're not going to come out and say so before the jig is up. What's he going to say, "Oh you guys got it, it's the release date/a new chapter"? Hardly.

I'd rather overhype and be disappointed than shit in everyone's cornflakes while they're having some fun. But that's me.

^This. I am having fun with the excitement and speculation. If it turns out to be nothing then I'll pout a few minutes and move onto another anticipated thing, like the show, Downton Abbey, JR Ward's new book, Stephen King's upcoming books and films, etc.

Archived