GRRM 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter, v.2

True, he might bring them in order to continue to tease us. I hope we are not getting ourselves all worked up for nothing. Although it is fun to speculate. :D

10 days from now, it'll be "hope everyone has a safe holiday!"

^This. I am having fun with the excitement and speculation. If it turns out to be nothing then I'll pout a few minutes and move onto another anticipated thing, like the show, Downton Abbey, JR Ward's new book, Stephen King's upcoming books and films, etc.

Yeah it's fun right now. And--even if it's not the release--I'll take anything from Winds, really. Cover art, chapter, small teaser, anything. And I wouldn't be wholly upset if it was something about the D and E novellas either.

Anyone live in Santa Fe...maybe stroll by his place...peep through some windows...see if there are any first complete drafts on the table next to his Commodore 64?

Make sure you're a fast runner...or have someone you can call for bail...

:bowdown: yes please, we will set up a gofundme page...

Honestly, I think the biggest thing going against the idea that it is something major is that it has not shown up on his livejournal page. That has always been his preferred forum for announcing anything.

Ok, some serious speculation in case it is a chapter release.

TWOW SPOILERS AHEAD.

Chapters released already:

Victarion (Greyjoy)

Theon (Greyjoy)

2 Arianne (Martell)

Mercy (Stark)

2 Tyrion (Lannister)

2 Barristan (Selmy, but I would say... Targaryen, in this case).

Martin also offered to read Aeron instead of Arianne II, so, we already have another Greyjoy chapter ready.

We already know what the prologue probably is. It has Jeyne, so, it's probably Edmure and Jeyne on their way to the Westerlands.

So...

Technically, even though the Tullys don't have any more PoV, the first chapter of the book, the prologue, is Tully related. Tully was the first House twitted.

We also have already two Greyjoys chapters released, and Aeron, which makes three. Aeron was the first chapter in Feast, I wouldn't be surprised if Winds also opens with a Greyjoy. Greyjoy was the second House twitted.

What's next, then?

I doubt we have another Tyrion or Arianne chapter.

Jon, Dany, Jaime and Cersei are very spoilerish chapters.

No Asha either due to the overload of Krakens.

People from minor Houses with PoVs: Brienne, JonCon, Areo, Sam. Any of them is likely:

Brienne is with Jaime, but they might not reach Stoneheart.

Arianne already told us JonCon took SE.

Aero isn't actually doing important stuff.

Sam sounds interesting without revealing much of the plot.

But, the countdown ends in Winter, which could hint to Stark: We have Bran, Sansa and Arya. We already had Arya. Either Bran or Sansa.

So... that.

People from minor Houses with PoVs: Brienne, JonCon, Areo, Sam. Any of them is likely:

Brienne is with Jaime, but they might not reach Stoneheart.

Arianne already told us JonCon took SE.

Aero isn't actually doing important stuff.

Sam sounds interesting without revealing much of the plot.

But, the countdown ends in Winter, which could hint to Stark: We have Bran, Sansa and Arya. We already had Arya. Either Bran or Sansa.

So... that.

Actually, I believe that back then at the reading where he had given people the choice to pick either Arianne or Aeron, he tried to get people choose Aeron because he's allegedly doing crazy things or something like it.

Thanks Apple Martini!

Any predictions on family of day 3...? I'd say not the Starks, Lannisters or Targs.

How about the Hightower's - We Light the Way?

I would like for the to tweet be about TWOW release date, but I think the tweet is more of a playful parody. The first tweet was about bearing gifts and used the Tully words. The second tweet did not use the Greyjoy words, We do not sow, but instead used what is dead may may never die, or some such wording. A parent knows that toys and gadgets die out and that there needs to be an extra supply on hand to keep the gifts running. I think the Hightowers will be next. Damn those beautiful sparkling lights.

My wishful thinking says well, winter solstice in the northern hemisphere is in December. In the southern hemisphere winter solstice is in June. Maybe the tweet is leading up to an announcment that the release date for TWOW is for June 2015. Be still my beating heart.

Over thinking.

Interesting thread. Thanks

He said no more sample chapters a while ago.

If it's not date (or book dare we hope :D) he can as well burst in and slaughter all of us. And with "Rains of Castamere" as a last tweet

I don't remember the no more chapters statement. I need to find that quote. Have it handy?

If not a chapter...then I vote on a release date. Might be 6-8 months down the road but I would love it.

He said no more sample chapters a while ago.

If it's not date (or book dare we hope :D) he can as well burst in and slaughter all of us. And with "Rains of Castamere" as a last tweet

He did say no more chapters but I can see him deciding to give us one, especially if Winds really is a few years off (like, post 2017)

How about the Hightower's - We Light the Way?

I would like for the to tweet be about TWOW release date, but I think the tweet is more of a playful parody. The first tweet was about bearing gifts and used the Tully words. The second tweet did not use the Greyjoy words, We do not sow, but instead used what is dead may may never die, or some such wording. A parent knows that toys and gadgets die out and that there needs to be an extra supply on hand to keep the gifts running. I think the Hightowers will be next. Damn those beautiful sparkling lights.

My wishful thinking says well, winter solstice in the northern hemisphere is in December. In the southern hemisphere winter solstice is in June. Maybe the tweet is leading up to an announcment that the release date for TWOW is for June 2015. Be still my beating heart.

Over thinking.

Interesting thread. Thanks

Hightowers would be awesome---they are another house (along with the Dayne's) who are too quiet for my liking. And we know Sam is most likely going to be running into them in Oldtown

Honestly the fact he made another tweet about awards season, I find encouraging that this is news related to book 6.

I say that because he continues to ignore the speculation. He by now is well aware of what people think these 12 days of Westeros tweets are related to. The fact he continues them, makes tweets and blog posts about other things around them, and yet, continues to not dispute the idea that it is related to a book release is interesting to me.

Interesting because George is not an intentional dick or troll. If the days continue to go by and he continues to not say a word about the speculation and the speculation continues to grow...well...isn't that pretty much what the marketing team would want if it all culminates in a release date?

Thanks for answering me. Hmmm. The last day being called "Epiphany" or whatever it says (not sure how Twitter works) gives me a good 2% feeling of hope instead of none at all, but I still don't think there's anything to read into.

Apparently George is constantly blogging, tweeting, and doing other various interviews and stuff like that on the internet. If this was some rare occurrence or something out of he norm for George I might read into it a little. But it's not. So I'm not.

I'm to the point where if it ever gets released, it'll be a nice surprise for me. I no longer set myself up for disappointment when it comes to ASOIAF. I just continue to re-read old stuff and enjoy new side stuff.

I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I think it'll be a split book again like someone else guessed so he can keep up with the show. I wouldn't mind that at all. Didn't the editor hint at there being more than seven books a few months back?

I totally agree that the odds of a release date are very, very, very, very low. However, the odds of a chapter are pretty good. It's been so dismal lately, what with people predicting a 2017 release, etc., that it's fun to play with the possibility of a 2015 release :)

Archived