Do you support the Greens or Blacks? Why?

teemo

He wasn't a bastard, and he died killing Aemond as his last stand. Westeros would hardly have been sunshine and rainbows if Daemon had decided to elope with Nettles and not take Aemond down with him instead. Westeros wouldn't have had Daemon's sons managing the realm through a largely peaceful time - instead they'd have had Aemond as king, and he didn't come across as someone who would be fit for it.

He wasn't a bastard, and he died killing Aemond as his last stand. Westeros would hardly have been sunshine and rainbows if Daemon had decided to elope with Nettles and not take Aemond down with him instead. Westeros wouldn't have had Daemon's sons managing the realm through a largely peaceful time - instead they'd have had Aemond as king, and he didn't come across as someone who would be fit for it.

And murdered a little boy for the crimes of his uncle, funny seeing he was the boy's uncle. he was a evil bastard. I don't see how killing one more nephew washes his evil away.

And murdered a little boy for the crimes of his uncle, funny seeing he was the boy's uncle. he was a evil bastard. I don't see how killing one more nephew washes his evil away.

Where did I suggest that one good act washes away the bad? Or that I even believe in "good or evil"?

Why then are you bring up the battle of Aemond and Daemon as a act to defend him?

No, that's how you chose to infer it.

But again, can you point out where I claimed one good act washes out the other? Or were you just choosing to ignore the actual point? That, had Daemon decided to elope with Nettles, someone who would be, in your words, "an evil bastard" would have taken the throne.

Daemon was an evil man, not a lovable rogue. On the other hand, I also think it was actually a good thing to illustrate their different perspectives on this whole conflict. The Hightowers and their Targaryens puppets were treating this whole thing as a game with duels, rules, and tradition behind them.

Daemon?

You killed one of his adopted family.

So you're going to SUFFER.

Daemon, in that respect, has perhaps the more realistic perspective on war. It's about pain and suffering with no ability to pretty it up.

I support the Greens. I don't believe that Targaryen house law or rather tradition allowed Viserys I to choose an heir at all and in his case going against established tradition. The lords had shown in the previous Great Council that about 20 to 1 favoured a male heir - choosing a female heir when they were eligible male heirs was just asking for civil war. It's highly unlikely that this preference had changed much at the time of Viserys' death.

That said,I agree that most of the coolest players were on the Black side.

I support the Greens. I don't believe that Targaryen house law or rather tradition allowed Viserys I to choose an heir at all and in his case going against established tradition. The lords had shown in the previous Great Council that about 20 to 1 favoured a male heir - choosing a female heir when they were eligible male heirs was just asking for civil war. It's highly unlikely that this preference had changed much at the time of Viserys' death.

That said,I agree that most of the coolest players were on the Black side.

Really, I think Rhaenyra could have been Queen if she'd done a better job playing the Game of Thrones.

Really, I think Rhaenyra could have been Queen if she'd done a better job playing the Game of Thrones.

She's too much like my beloved green eyed lioness from the Rock. Like as not, she would have ended up doing the same Walk.

I think in order to win and hold power for a woman in those times, being unmarried like Lady Jeyne the Maid of the Vale was a good asset. Or at least having an acceptable husband. Being married to Daemon on the other hand... not good.

Except that Rhaenyra was not a narcissist, and only became paranoid after more than one betrayal and losing three of her sons.

Well Cersei's also lost a son and has been betrayed many times since got full power. Cersei (in her mind) thinks Sansa betrayed her and murdered her son. Senelle was apparently spying on Cersei for the Tyrells. Kevan refused to serve her (betrayal in Cerseiland) That Velaryon guy stole her ships.

With Rhaenyra, Daemon would be the one doing most of the ruling anyway.

What makes you say that? Rhaenyra had been groomed to rule since she was a child. She spent all her time watching her father preside over court and the small council, do she knew how politics and administration worked. And it's not like she blindly followed whatever Daemon wanted in the short time she ruled.

What makes you say that? Rhaenyra had been groomed to rule since she was a child. She spent all her time watching her father preside over court and the small council, do she knew how politics and administration worked. And it's not like she blindly followed whatever Daemon wanted in the short time she ruled.

She was raised by a idiot who largely spent his time doing nothing but party, Rhaenyra grew up to be very entitled person as did her kin. Daemon was a power hunger monster, he would wrestle power out of her hands at some point and gain the crown he always wanted.

Well Cersei's also lost a son and has been betrayed many times since got full power. Cersei (in her mind) thinks Sansa betrayed her and murdered her son. Senelle was apparently spying on Cersei for the Tyrells. Kevan refused to serve her (betrayal in Cerseiland) That Velaryon guy stole her ships.

It's betrayal in Cersei's eyes as she's narcissistic. There's nothing in TPATQ or TRP that suggests Rhanerya is, whereas Cersei very much does come across as narcissistic, manipulative and not half as smart as she thinks she is.

I am offended on Rhaenyra's behalf that she'd be compared to Cersei.

She was raised by a idiot who largely spent his time doing nothing but party, Rhaenyra grew up to be very entitled person as did her kin. Daemon was a power hunger monster, he would wrestle power out of her hands at some point and gain the crown he always wanted.

LMAO, so true, Robert Baratheon as a Targ. Still, I don't think Daemon would make a bad king, sure he is an evil man, but evil men can make for fine rulers.

Daemon either lost his hunger for power, or he never had it the way people (even historians) thought. Else he would not have thrown everything away the way he did.

You mean when he got into a super fight with Aemond and died in battle? I would hardly call that losing his lust for power. If he had survived that fight I do not doubt he would hold the power in KL while his sons grew.

Archived