Jayne Poole

yankee211

Is it true that Miranda will replace Jayne Poole's arc as fake Arya. If so, that will be a poor descion since both Miranda and Ramsey has a twisted relationship.

Does seem to have the right MO, but Miranda my help the ol 'Ram in the deal.

By the by the show did have a Jayne Poole , D&D pointed her out on the DVD, now, nearly four years later no one know who the actress (if she was an actress) or extra ... was, at least no name has appeared.

Does seem to have the right MO, but Miranda my help the ol 'Ram in the deal.

By the by the show did have a Jayne Poole , D&D pointed her out on the DVD, now, nearly four years later no one know who the actress (if she was an actress) or extra ... was, at least no name has appeared.

I believe by adding Jayne Poole in the show would add more tension between Theon, Ramsey and Miranda. Show watchers do not have to know why Jayne was never mentioned in previous seasons.

I believe by adding Jayne Poole in the show would add more tension between Theon, Ramsey and Miranda. Show watchers do not have to know why Jayne was never mentioned in previous seasons.

I assume that was Jeyne sitting next to Sansa when Arya threw food at her in the pilot .

I assume that was Jeyne sitting next to Sansa when Arya threw food at her in the pilot .

That's what D&D said in the cometary on the season 1 DVD.

It could have been a total extra but it could have been a 3rd string actress, she was animated and talking to Sanasa , maybe someone should ask Sophie who it was?

One thing about the fArya marriage , one sequence , GRRM-explicit-adult either wont be done or the camera will go flying.

That's what D&D said in the cometary on the season 1 DVD.

It could have been a total extra but it could have been a 3rd string actress, she was animated and talking to Sanasa , maybe someone should ask Sophie who it was?

One thing about the fArya marriage , one sequence , GRRM-explicit-adult either wont be done or the camera will go flying.

If the show runners do cast FArya, they could just recast and age up the charater.

If the show runners do cast FArya, they could just recast and age up the charater.

As I remember Jayne Poole was kind of 'aged up' in the book.

Even if it was a 40 year old actress show is not going go where GRRM did with Ramsay, Theon and Jayne!

As I remember Jayne Poole was kind of 'aged up' in the book.

Even if it was a 40 year old actress show is not going go where GRRM did with Ramsay, Theon and Jayne!

I can imagine they could let Myranda do most of nasty stuff to fArya. That way the show would elegantly avoid complaints about misogynystic violence. Just look how they fixed "racism" complaints about Dany storyline. They started to film her scenes in Croatia and as result all unsullied and slaves are white - no more complaints about Dany White Savior.

If they make Myranda to replace fArya role, they can make two things with her: Either she will be consensual bride for Ramsey, there will be no torture of her and Jon Snow will look like total moron to risk everything to rescue her. Not very likely in my opinion. Second option would be her just playing part of Theon storyline without being a bride of Ramsey. Roose might tell Ramsey to get rid of her because she is not worthy for the heir of the Warden of the North. Theon will rescue her during his own escape. Than she can pretend to be Arya when they are captured by Stannis for self preservation. End result would be same as in the books. fArya and Theon in hands Stannis. Only difference would be in personality of fArya, but i doubt that is all that relevant to what will happen next in TWOW. They are clearly already doing much larger changes in other storylines.

It is doable in my opinion, but it would be much more simple to cast fArya (that Winterfell worker looks ideal for that), who can play her role in both Theon and Jon Snow storylines and use Myranda as her torturer in addition to be easy on eyes and being part of creepy Boltons household.

If they make Myranda to replace fArya role, they can make two things with her: Either she will be consensual bride for Ramsey, there will be no torture of her and Jon Snow will look like total moron to risk everything to rescue her. Not very likely in my opinion.

One thing to take into account is, it's extremely easy to write fArya out of the story without changing it too much - which is why I always felt this storyline was unnecessarily convoluted and superfluous in the books. Without fArya, the main conflict between Jon and the Boltons is over Winterfell, or even the idea of Winterfell as the ancestral seat of the Starks (Stannis, as in the books, simply doesn't want a Lannister supporter in his back while he fights the WW in front). Jon sends out Mance/the spearwives as advance scouts to gather intel for Stannis about possible allies, about conflicts in Roose's camp etc.. They get caught and Theon saves/helps them. This story has all the important beats (Jon's scouts, Theon's heroism) without introducing a weird 'here's a random person you're supposed to care about' twirl: you already care about the scouts because they are wildings who work for Jon.

The ADWD Northern storyline has a lot of these weird unnecessary additions (like the glamour, or baby switching, or the fact that Jon ships out Aemon specifically to avoid Mel burning him as opposed to 'dude's old, there is an invasion incoming'.).

One thing to take into account is, it's extremely easy to write fArya out of the story without changing it too much - which is why I always felt this storyline was unnecessarily convoluted and superfluous in the books. Without fArya, the main conflict between Jon and the Boltons is over Winterfell, or even the idea of Winterfell as the ancestral seat of the Starks (Stannis, as in the books, simply doesn't want a Lannister supporter in his back while he fights the WW in front). Jon sends out Mance/the spearwives as advance scouts to gather intel for Stannis about possible allies, about conflicts in Roose's camp etc.. They get caught and Theon saves/helps them. This story has all the important beats (Jon's scouts, Theon's heroism) without introducing a weird 'here's a random person you're supposed to care about' twirl: you already care about the scouts because they are wildings who work for Jon.

The ADWD Northern storyline has a lot of these weird unnecessary additions (like the glamour, or baby switching, or the fact that Jon ships out Aemon specifically to avoid Mel burning him as opposed to 'dude's old, there is an invasion incoming'.).

cutting out farya makes the story more complex. There is no way jon would risk starting a war with ramsay if he does not believe that ramsay has his sister. Sending mance to infiltrate winterfell makes no sense if there is no arya. also ramsay is going to have to get married. roose is just going to leave his heir unmarried? Now yes ramsay may not be much of a catch, ladies stick clear of guys who enjoy hunting and flaying. But he will need a bride and what better option than arya stark.

HBO does not shy away from controversy.

No way HBO will show explicit sex, especially explicit oral sex, aint never gonna happen.

I don't know what readers think of this scene in the books, there are many prudes out there, but this sex scene does have an important dramatic impact on Theon.

The sexual stuff in ASoIaF is usually presented as matter-of-a-fact adult life*, but this humiliation of Theon is important to the narrative and is one of the elements helping break Theon out of his mind lock.

I could see the show doing something 'implied' , such that we know what is going on, I would not consider that controversial at all , as distasteful as it is its a pivot in Theon's story.

*(There is an entertainment dance in Meereen we will never get, but GRRM was having some outlandish fun I will bet many felt transcended boundaries.)

cutting out farya makes the story more complex. There is no way jon would risk starting a war with ramsay if he does not believe that ramsay has his sister. Sending mance to infiltrate winterfell makes no sense if there is no arya. also ramsay is going to have to get married. roose is just going to leave his heir unmarried? Now yes ramsay may not be much of a catch, ladies stick clear of guys who enjoy hunting and flaying. But he will need a bride and what better option than arya stark.

Plus, Roose needs to appease the rest of the north because he is the new warden. Having Jayne Poole as Arya in the arc is necessary.

Plus, Roose needs to appease the rest of the north because he is the new warden. Having Jayne Poole as Arya in the arc is necessary.

Which is odd since there would be enough northern vassals, if not all, who would spot that it's not the real Arya sooner or later.

cutting out farya makes the story more complex. There is no way jon would risk starting a war with ramsay if he does not believe that ramsay has his sister. Sending mance to infiltrate winterfell makes no sense if there is no arya.

It would not be Jon starting the war - it would be primarily Stannis, who has very good reasons for that.

Which is odd since there would be enough northern vassals, if not all, who would spot that it's not the real Arya sooner or later.

It's not odd. It's one of the 'power lies where people think it lies' things. It's not that people don't know that Arya is fake, it's that nobody dares speak up about this, because nobody else is. A sort of tragedy of the commons/"the king has no clothes" thing.

In the version I presented above, Roose simply gives even fewer f*cks. He's the Warden of the North, ruling from Winterfell. What are you going to do about that?

That's why I said that the fArya story feels extremely boring/superfluous to me in the books. Ultimately, fArya is just there for Ramsay to abuse and Theon to save, and Theon can save someone else.

And what does roose do with ramsay? He needs him to get married, in order to continue the Bolton line. Any children he has with Walda will be killed by ramsay so that is not an option. this way he kills two birds with one stone, appeases the northern lords and continues his houses line. cutting farya only makes the story more complex.

Archived