Tapatalk issues

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I've downloaded Tapatalk today, and have found this forum :) The only thing I can't discover, however, is to log in with my account of this forum?

When I select the window of westeros.org, I get three options: Start (showing me a page with trending discussions), log-in or register (which asks me so eithe rlog in with facebook, log in with google+, or with an e-mail adress), and browse, which shows me the subforums.

When I click the "log-in or register", which sounded like the most logical option to me, I see the following

Westeros logo, with underneath "westeros.org" and "asoiaf.westeros.org", followed by two arrows (one pointing up, one pointing down). Underneath, I get "log-in directly with this community with your facebook of google+ account (with two buttons for these options). That is followed by "OR, log-in with an e-mail adress".

I don't want to log-in with my facebook or a google-account, so I clicked the third option.

When I do this, I get the message "Your forum username and password may not be the same as your Tapatalk username and password".

Then I'm allowed to fill in a username and password, followed by a log-in button. On the bottom of this page, it says "Your password will be send to asoiaf.westeros.org".

I haven't made an account with tapatalk, is that necessary? And the page that I see now, is this where I fill in my forum username (Rhaenys_Targaryen) and forum-password?

Haha, o my... Does that happen often then?

I can only speak for the ios version, but it's more often than I'd like. It's never that serious...just closing out and reopening is usually fine. Sometimes content won't refresh for a few minutes, and then sometimes pop-up notifications are delayed by like an hour or two.

I do find it more convenient than troublesome though, for what it's worth.

How do I force the app to refresh/reload a page? When clicking the "contents" button in the menu (no idea what it's called in English in the app, but that's generally the name of the button on the website), it only refreshes once... Should I wish to refresh ten minutes later, or half an hour or so, clicking the button no longer works... Sometimes it doesn't even work the first time...

Yours looks different than mine, but I'm on Android, perhaps that's the reason.

Swiping didn't work, but there wad an update available which I installed. Still can't swipe, but at least the refresh button has affect :)

Only, now I can't see full subforums, but I have to choose per subforum whether I want to view announcements, discussions, or pinned threads... no longer capable of viewing all at once...

And! I've jus witnessed the first crash [emoji14]

Yours looks different than mine, but I'm on Android, perhaps that's the reason.

Swiping didn't work, but there wad an update available which I installed. Still can't swipe, but at least the refresh button has affect :)

Only, now I can't see full subforums, but I have to choose per subforum whether I want to view announcements, discussions, or pinned threads... no longer capable of viewing all at once...

And! I've jus witnessed the first crash [emoji14]

Yeah, their updates are quite necessary. It's definitely flawed, but I find it more helpful than not, mostly for its popup notifications (when they aren't on a time delay :P). Oh technology.

• 4 weeks later...

My issue with Tapatalk is that my Avatar picture in Tapatalk is my old one...along with a few other users.

I tried clearing the Cache but that didn't work. I also uninstalled and reinstalled...no luck.

This applies to both my Android work phone and my personal iPhone along with my iPad.

It isn't a big deal...just a little annoying. If anyone knows how to correct it...I am all ears!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone installed the latest update? It is causing some problems for me. For some reason, I am now logged in twice in the app.. no matter how many times I log out one of the two accounts, the app logs it back in on its own, seconds or minutes later. At times, I also can't select the quote function, or the edit function.

When I get the message on my phone that I have notifications (multiple), and I click on it, tapatalk brings me to the 'trending topics' page, not my own contents list (which it did do, before this update).

All slightly annoying, so if anyone knows a fix? Besides waiting for the next update [emoji14]

After last update I often see threads and posts two or more times... like "X is evil thread" after that next "X is evil thread". One of them is the "real" and when you try to open one of the others app says "we couldn't determine which thread do you want to open" ...

Archived