Sam in the wildling village

dragonprince

I just read this chapter and sam kills small paul but the dragonglass dagger apparently can't kill wights as it can The Others?

And when he walks out to find Gilly surrounded by wights and the crow lands on his shoulder at first i assumed the talking crow was the old bears but when he starts to speak to him instead of just repeating sams words or asking for corn it makes me think that could it of possibly have been the three eye raven that bran and his crew are trying to find?

First time reading asoiaf so please no spoilers!! just wondering other peoples thoughts on this chapter

All we know of the the Others is that they are a mysterious race and can apparently be killed by dragonglass (obsidian).

However, the Wights were once living being but are not controlled by the Others. One belief is that the Others are few in number and must use the dead as their army and transportation.

• 8 months later...

I just read this chapter and sam kills small paul but the dragonglass dagger apparently  can't kill wights as it can The Others?

And when he walks out to find Gilly surrounded by wights and the crow lands on his shoulder at first i assumed the talking crow was the old bears but when he starts to speak to him instead of just repeating sams words or asking for corn it makes me think that could it of possibly have been the three eye raven that bran and his crew are trying to find?  

First time reading asoiaf so please no spoilers!! just wondering other peoples thoughts on this chapter

Kind of makes you want to go back and re-read everything Mormont's raven has said, doesn't it? Martin could certainly be using the idea of a bird that mimics human speech to hide a bit of magic.

What did you think of the dead ranger that showed up with the crows to save Sam and Gilly?

• 5 months later...
On 21. srpna 2015 at 7:09 PM, Yosaef Targaryen said:

Dragonglass can only kill others and not wights.

Are you ansolutely certain of that?

Just that I thought it has something to do with his breast/back plate which Smaill Paul wight was wearing, that the dragonglass shattered by the steel,no?

As for the raven, that thought of three eyed crow came to my mind also,bht its weird why it would have protect Samwell.

The ranger with the horse might have been the Other (I dont remember what happened in next chapter tho)

On 1. února 2016 at 10:16 AM, The.Dragon.Prince said:

Are you ansolutely certain of that?

Just that I thought it has something to do with his breast/back plate which Smaill Paul wight was wearing, that the dragonglass shattered by the steel,no?

As for the raven, that thought of three eyed crow came to my mind also,bht its weird why it would have protect Samwell.

The ranger with the horse might have been the Other (I dont remember what happened in next chapter tho)

ok The man is not other at all,I talked bs, ...I re-read next chapters after this comment so now its 'clear', I dont have a clue who he might be :o 

Archived