Predictions for Cersei Lannister for TWoW?

dsug

Idk if this is in the right place but whatever.

What do you guys think will happen to Cersei in the winds of winter? Share all your thoughts!!

My personal theory:

We will first see Cersei from someone else's POV, perhaps Mace Tyrell or someone, coming to tell her of Kevan and Pycelle's deaths. She will put on a big show of grief and all that, and the POV will comment on how much she's changed since the walk of shame. Cersei will pray a bunch for Kevan and Pycelle, or at least pretend to.

And then eventually we shift to Cersei's POV and she's like "YASSS THEYRE DEAD THANK GOD." But then she's gonna suspect Tyrion and all that. She refuses to have Kevan's funeral held at the Sept of Baelor, because she never wants to go back there. It's somewhere else.

Next, she has her trial by combat and Ser Robert Strong wins. She immediately drops the whole pious act and resumes her bitchy attitude. She views Margaery's trial, and watches with joy as they execute her for her "crimes.''

Mycella will die, and she will go batshit crazy. She'll suspect they Tyrells did it to get back at her for Margaery, and watch over Tommen like a hawk. She will attempt to kill herself, but will not go thru without because she needs to be there for Tommen. And she still needs to see every building in Kings Landing burned to ash.

I don't think Myrcella will die though I do believe Tommen will. I can foresee Margaery winning her trial and claiming that she and Joffrey had been sleeping together prior to their marriage and, shock, she is carrying Joffrey's child who will be rightful king when born (maybe even true though doubtful). Cersei is out of allies at KL and even she knows that so I believe she will flee to Casterly Rock and from there be consumed with pursuing vengeance on Tyrion and Sansa for Joffrey's murder and the Tyrell's simply because she hates them (and believes they killed Tommen, Margaery being the blessed soon to be Queen Mother and all). Myrcella will remain in Dorne and perhaps even be betrothed to "Aegon" to further split loyalties. Varys wants maximum chaos so there you go.

GRRM did say we would get to see the Rock, and this will probably be through Cersci's eyes. But I can't see her fleeing to the rock without her children, so at least Tommen has to die first (poor kid).

That would be enough to really top her over the edge, to the point she will start plotting mad, suicidal and possibly fiery revenge on anyone who has ever wronged her.

I think Varys made a mistake if he was trying to return her to power by killing Kevan and Pycelle. I think the Tyrells will completely take over from the Lannisters in TWOW and Cersei will be kept out of power. She'll probably try to steal Tommen away and flee King's Landing for Casterly Rock after her trial (If she wins, which seems likely for the moment). Whether or not she'll succeed in that I have no idea. If she doesn't she'll remain mostly powerless but if she gets back to the Westerlands with Tommen she'll have the power of the Lannister treasury and army behind her and she'll have left the Tyrells clutching a throne without a king.

I think she wins her trial by combat, I think somehow Tom is being controlled or something bad happens to him perhaps even a sickness. I think she tries to burn down kings landing or actually suceeds in doing so and runs off to Casterly where she is eventualy met by Jaime and strangled for her terrible actions

I think Varys made a mistake if he was trying to return her to power by killing Kevan and Pycelle. I think the Tyrells will completely take over from the Lannisters in TWOW and Cersei will be kept out of power. She'll probably try to steal Tommen away and flee King's Landing for Casterly Rock after her trial (If she wins, which seems likely for the moment). Whether or not she'll succeed in that I have no idea. If she doesn't she'll remain mostly powerless but if she gets back to the Westerlands with Tommen she'll have the power of the Lannister treasury and army behind her and she'll have left the Tyrells clutching a throne without a king.

Except she didn't flee KL when Stannis came, and I doubt she will now. She knows she needs KL for legitimacy. She couldn't escape with the king.

The Tyrells won't take over, because Varys wants Cersei to regain the Regency, or why else would he kill off both Kevan and Pycelle? She can do that by having Tommen fix his seal to a decree renaming her Regent when they're alone, and she knows that Tommen fixes his seal to any decree placed before him. Mace can't refute that decree that without risking accusations of treason, and if he bulls over that, he would confirm suspicions that he was behind Kevan and Pycelle's deaths and is leading a bloody palace coup, the last thing he needs.

The TWoW chapter Misery confirms that Cersie has regained the Regency.

Myrcella will remain in Dorne and perhaps even be betrothed to "Aegon" to further split loyalties. Varys wants maximum chaos so there you go.

Except TWoW states that Myrcella is moving through the rainwood to KL.

I think she'll realize she'll never be able to rule truly freely or be entirely safe as long as she remains at KL, surrounded by Tyrells and the Faith

So I think she'll win her trial, grab Tommen, use Robert Strong to cut a path for her to flee the city, and set her new base at Casterly Rock.

In aFfC, she said, "This city is cesspit. For half a groat I'd move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from there" (paraphrasing), and as long as she has the king, she has the kingdom, as Renly said.

And she won't have to worry about Mace following her to get Tommen back, since the Tyrells will have more pressing problems with Aegon and Euron on their doorstep

I think she'll realize she'll never be able to rule truly freely or be entirely safe as long as she remains at KL, surrounded by Tyrells and the Faith

So I think she'll win her trial, grab Tommen, use Robert Strong to cut a path for her to flee the city, and set her new base at Casterly Rock.

In aFfC, she said, "This city is cesspit. For half a groat I'd move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from there" (paraphrasing), and as long as she has the king, she has the kingdom, as Renly said.

And she won't have to worry about Mace following her to get Tommen back, since the Tyrells will have more pressing problems with Aegon and Euron on their doorstep

She didn't flee KL when Stannis came, and I doubt she would with the Tyrells. TWoW spoiler shows that she regained the Regency. It would be incredibly difficult to smuggle the king to CR, especially with Mace's army outside the city. Mace would get Tommen as power flows through him

I feel like shes gonna get smarter, but still be a dick. I think she'll likely win the trial, but still have to split. Other than that, im not sure. Its gonna be gud tho.

She has learned to be more subtle, and likely more calculating.However, I think the assassinations and brutality will increase with more efficiency.

just really great stuff. her best work. like, i don't know, stuff along the lines of "Robert, bring me Mace Tyrell's head! Maester Qyburn, when the head arrives I want you to be standing by. I'd like it sewn onto one of the dwarf bodies we have in storage and then reanimated. Merryweather, bring me the donkey as per our earlier discussion!"

idk I just want her to go out with a bang . I hope her remaining arc is as Gothic and dark and tragic and dramatic as possible. I want GRRM to make it as Shakespearan and Greek tragedy as much as he can. I really hope we see Tommen and Myrcella's inevitable deaths from her POV.

Except she didn't flee KL when Stannis came, and I doubt she will now. She knows she needs KL for legitimacy. She couldn't escape with the king.

The Tyrells won't take over, because Varys wants Cersei to regain the Regency, or why else would he kill off both Kevan and Pycelle? She can do that by having Tommen fix his seal to a decree renaming her Regent when they're alone, and she knows that Tommen fixes his seal to any decree placed before him. Mace can't refute that decree that without risking accusations of treason, and if he bulls over that, he would confirm suspicions that he was behind Kevan and Pycelle's deaths and is leading a bloody palace coup, the last thing he needs.

The Tyrells could just as easily use Tommen to name one of themselves reagent, Varys may want Cersei to become reagent again but there's no guarantee that it will work out that way. Even if she does become reagent, the Tyrells would still hold most of the power in KL, they have troops in the city she only has a small number of Lannister men and Cersei doesn't have many friends at court anymore.

As for not leaving before, Stannis had a claim to the throne, the Tyrells have absolutely no claim without Tommen. If Joffery had abandoned the city when Stannis was bearing down on it it probably would have surrendered to him. Now that he's far away in the North it's not really an issue for the moment.

Since Cersei will die after her kids, probably Tommen is just about to receive a one way ticket to the kittens heaven. Sounds like ser Robert will slice apart some of the sevens kinght up tp fight him and soon she will change the joy of freedoom for the nourn for her child.

I made a thread predicting Cersei would outlive her lack-witted rivals and reign supreme, but that seems to have been deleted by whats-his-name.

As an emblem of the feminist movement, Cersei Lannister WILL be the last woman standing. Mark my words, fools.

your trolling isn't funny

Well, i see Cersei as a feminist symbol as well, but it doesnt make her less guilty of her psychopaty, maybe the genes came from her father.

Maggy didnt said or at least said something that sounds she would see the death of her kids?

Cersei is a feminist character but she is not a feminist symbol or a feminist icon or anywhere close to it. Learn to differentiate please.

She definitely going to burn down KL, but I'm split on how. Will she burn down the Great Sept of Baelor with the High Septon inside, inadvertently burning down the city? Or will she do it on purpose when Aegon breaches the walls, leaving him King of the Ashes?

I think she's definitely going to retreat to Casterly Rock after that. Tyrion's knowledge of the drainage system clearly foreshadows him taking CR by shimmying up the pipes. And do you really think Tyrion is going to take CR from some Castellan we've never met? No way.

Archived