Dany's arc in TWOW according to Quaithe (Spoilers Abound)

Fishfoot

Maybe Dany will have to go to Asshai to get one of her dragons back. Remember Victarion is carrying the dragon horn which binds dragons, and he had the red priest heal him, leaving him with a hand that seemed to be perpetually burning. He may be able to survive the blowing of the horn, and steal a dragon for use in Asshai. This would fulfiil two parts of the prophecy, going to WESTeros by turning east, passing under the Shadow. Asshai isnt the shadow anyway. Its is Asshai by the shadow. On the maps, if you were to go eastward from bay of slavers, to the iron islands, you would have to pass south of the Shadow, or under it.

Maybe Dany will have to go to Asshai to get one of her dragons back. Remember Victarion is carrying the dragon horn which binds dragons, and he had the red priest heal him, leaving him with a hand that seemed to be perpetually burning. He may be able to survive the blowing of the horn, and steal a dragon for use in Asshai. This would fulfiil two parts of the prophecy, going to WESTeros by turning east, passing under the Shadow. Asshai isnt the shadow anyway. Its is Asshai by the shadow. On the maps, if you were to go eastward from bay of slavers, to the iron islands, you would have to pass south of the Shadow, or under it.

George said we won't go far easter than we already went. Too bad though, I'd like to see the far east, but I know it won't be possible because of the time left and plot.

This has been my opinion forever. That she will arrive in Westeros from the sunset sea, and Victorian will traverse the globe in a way that Euron was never able. Dany's first conquest will be with Vic on her side placing him as the Lord of the Iron Islands and giving her an unsuspected foothold in Westeros. The Lannisters and Tyrells will be between the Hammer and the Anvil as they face the Golden Company, the untouched strength of Dorne, and the Murmers Dragon and the holy army being drawn to Kings Landing that will support fAegon's claim, from the South East and Storms End... and the mighty Khalasar, reinvigorated loyalist from the riverlands, the true unsullied, the fierce Storm crows, Tyrion's (not Brown Ben's) sellsword company, Barristan's Knights fighting for their fallen grandfather, (he is dieing in the battle of Mereen) and Dany's freed slaves.

After those two fronts make short work of they Lannisters and the Tyrells the Dance of Dragons Part 2 will begin between Dany and fAegon. One interesting part of this will be the subterfuge between Tyrion acting on Dany's behalf and Varys acting on fAegon's behalf.

Meanwhile Stannis aided by Bran will out be able to out strategize the bickering Bolten / Frey Bastards (yes Roose is a son of a bitch too, sorry Roose lovers), and after learning of the Dance with Dragons he will rush to Aegons Aid falling victim to Varys' properganda and rushing to join whom he believes is his rightful King. This will make it more of difficult situation for Dany but obviously she has to overcome, my guess is Tyrion uses his relationship with Littlefinger to get the unmolested Vale forces to FINALLY join the fight on Dany's behalf. so they will finish Stannis' forces for her. Making all the Stannis lovers hate Littlefinger that much more!

...Meanwhile meanwhile during all this the Wall will face the full onslaught of the wights, and others. Jon will survive his peril and pull together the watch and the wildlings and use everything at his disposal, Red woman and wall included to barley hold off the undead onslaught. They will plead for assistance like they did when the wildings attacked which Dany will eventually give after she finishes off her fake cousin and the might of Dorne at the cost of her most of her Khalasar, many of her freedmen, most of Barristans knights, all of the Stom Crows, but she will bring together the survivors of each decimated army to bring North and save the realm...

Now for some crackpot... When she arrives with her decimated patchwork army it still seems like a losing fight, the wall is finally failing and Drogon cannot be the trump card by himself, but Jon fulfills the red womans AA reborn prophecy and Dany becomes Nissa and Longclaw becomes the true Lightbringer, and Jon leads Tyrion and his sellswords to their deaths, the wildlings to their deaths, the Nights Watch men to their deaths, Dany's patchwork army to their deaths, and when the smoke clears and the battle is over, Jon remains as the great hero, the wall is destroyed connecting the North to the rest of Westeros, the Others are finished, by AA reborn.

Through all of this Bran will discover R+L=J which we will finally get proven to us through Bran's POV while going through the past, and Bran will somehow communicate this to Jon and the masses. Proof will be delivered by the hooded man in Winterfell (Benjen Stark) and Jon after everything will claim his rightful place as Jon Targaryn, AA reborn, the union of Ice and Fire, Lord of the yada yada yada yada, Samewell Tarly will become his Great Maester, Jon will marry Sansa and rebuild Westeros in the way that Ned brought him up.

P.S. During all this time Arya will come to Westeros and take charge of the giant Wolfpack through her connection with Nymeria, she will reconnect with lady stoneheart, and the brothers without banners... Arya's life experiences will harden her and prepare her for this reconnection, and they will join forces, (monsterous wolfpack and BwB) and they will take Vengence on the twins completely decimating the Frey's line and the Rains of Castamere will no longer be the most horrific ending of a family line, as this barbaric killing spree lead by an undead woman, a faceless man in child's form, a monstrous wolf pack, and a lawless band of Red God worshipers will be the stuff of legend for all time.

This has been my opinion forever. That she will arrive in Westeros from the sunset sea, and Victorian will traverse the globe in a way that Euron was never able. Dany's first conquest will be with Vic on her side placing him as the Lord of the Iron Islands and giving her an unsuspected foothold in Westeros. The Lannisters and Tyrells will be between the Hammer and the Anvil as they face the Golden Company, the untouched strength of Dorne, and the Murmers Dragon and the holy army being drawn to Kings Landing that will support fAegon's claim, from the South East and Storms End... and the mighty Khalasar, reinvigorated loyalist from the riverlands, the true unsullied, the fierce Storm crows, Tyrion's (not Brown Ben's) sellsword company, Barristan's Knights fighting for their fallen grandfather, (he is dieing in the battle of Mereen) and Dany's freed slaves.

After those two fronts make short work of they Lannisters and the Tyrells the Dance of Dragons Part 2 will begin between Dany and fAegon. One interesting part of this will be the subterfuge between Tyrion acting on Dany's behalf and Varys acting on fAegon's behalf.

Meanwhile Stannis aided by Bran will out be able to out strategize the bickering Bolten / Frey Bastards (yes Roose is a son of a bitch too, sorry Roose lovers), and after learning of the Dance with Dragons he will rush to Aegons Aid falling victim to Varys' properganda and rushing to join whom he believes is his rightful King. This will make it more of difficult situation for Dany but obviously she has to overcome, my guess is Tyrion uses his relationship with Littlefinger to get the unmolested Vale forces to FINALLY join the fight on Dany's behalf. so they will finish Stannis' forces for her. Making all the Stannis lovers hate Littlefinger that much more!

...Meanwhile meanwhile during all this the Wall will face the full onslaught of the wights, and others. Jon will survive his peril and pull together the watch and the wildlings and use everything at his disposal, Red woman and wall included to barley hold off the undead onslaught. They will plead for assistance like they did when the wildings attacked which Dany will eventually give after she finishes off her fake cousin and the might of Dorne at the cost of her most of her Khalasar, many of her freedmen, most of Barristans knights, all of the Stom Crows, but she will bring together the survivors of each decimated army to bring North and save the realm...

Now for some crackpot... When she arrives with her decimated patchwork army it still seems like a losing fight, the wall is finally failing and Drogon cannot be the trump card by himself, but Jon fulfills the red womans AA reborn prophecy and Dany becomes Nissa and Longclaw becomes the true Lightbringer, and Jon leads Tyrion and his sellswords to their deaths, the wildlings to their deaths, the Nights Watch men to their deaths, Dany's patchwork army to their deaths, and when the smoke clears and the battle is over, Jon remains as the great hero, the wall is destroyed connecting the North to the rest of Westeros, the Others are finished, by AA reborn.

Through all of this Bran will discover R+L=J which we will finally get proven to us through Bran's POV while going through the past, and Bran will somehow communicate this to Jon and the masses. Proof will be delivered by the hooded man in Winterfell (Benjen Stark) and Jon after everything will claim his rightful place as Jon Targaryn, AA reborn, the union of Ice and Fire, Lord of the yada yada yada yada, Samewell Tarly will become his Great Maester, Jon will marry Sansa and rebuild Westeros in the way that Ned brought him up.

P.S. During all this time Arya will come to Westeros and take charge of the giant Wolfpack through her connection with Nymeria, she will reconnect with lady stoneheart, and the brothers without banners... Arya's life experiences will harden her and prepare her for this reconnection, and they will join forces, (monsterous wolfpack and BwB) and they will take Vengence on the twins completely decimating the Frey's line and the Rains of Castamere will no longer be the most horrific ending of a family line, as this barbaric killing spree lead by an undead woman, a faceless man in child's form, a monstrous wolf pack, and a lawless band of Red God worshipers will be the stuff of legend for all time.

It won't happen, but I want this made into a movie. Sounds to awesome and "nice" an ending. Not bittersweet.

Moreover I agree with Steelborn ... Just because Quaithe says something, doesn't mean it will actually happen.

Exactly.

Remember Victarion is carrying the dragon horn which binds dragons

...snip...

Does it? Vic doesn't know what it does. Euron may not even know. Moqorro is also pretty in-the-dark. We don't know what it does.

GRRM does. Too bad about that slow writing.

What???? :eek: He is still her cousin (I know Lannisters roll that way but they are the exception)

I also hate any theory of Jon & Dany falling in love if R + L = J because its not Twilight and Dany is Jon's auntie which makes it super creepy. I know in Westeros cousins hooking up isn't a big deal so I imagine nephews/aunts isn't but for us people in real life its a bit icky :bawl:

I also reckon one of Jon or Dany will die right at the end thus ending the Song of Ice and Fire. I think it will be Dany :frown5:

Why do these prophecies always have to be so cryptic? If Quaithe really wanted to help Dany, she'd just say something like "Damn, girl! Next you need to go to Asshai and then you sail *insert correct cardinal direction* back to fuckin Westeros and conquer the shit out of it with your Dragons. Oh yeah and before I forget: don't hang out with those creepy Greyjoys, they're tryin to fuck you over." :D

Anyways, I have been thinking a lot about these prophecies and there's just way too much, you can interpret into them. So all I can do is making an educated guess. I think, the next thing we will see is how she gets her Khalasaar back, maybe having some problems with that first (go east). Then she's most certainly going back to Meereen, seeing that the battle is over and making her way back to Westeros with whatever allies are still left (go west).

Moreover I agree with Steelborn ... Just because Quaithe says something, doesn't mean it will actually happen.

Agree with your last statement, but to the extent Quaithe's prophecies are in fact prophetic, I think it's likely that Quaithe doesn't know any more about what the prophecies mean than we do, maybe even less if she's unaware of what things like the "Sun's son" or the "Mummer's dragon" could be.

Agree with your last statement, but to the extent Quaithe's prophecies are in fact prophetic, I think it's likely that Quaithe doesn't know any more about what the prophecies mean than we do, maybe even less if she's unaware of what things like the "Sun's son" or the "Mummer's dragon" could be.

We have to find out what Quaithe has in her mind. It's likely that she only has glimpses of the future metaphorically like Melisandre and she warns Dany through her glass candles.

But, why the fuck does Quaithe still worry about Daenerys if her business is in the other side of the world?

My crackpot is that the East knows the deepest secrets of the world and knows that it needs to have an equilibrium between ice and fire for the world to work properly. And since this equilibrium is not balanced anymore, Quaithe tries to get Dany to learn the truth about why her dragons are truly important and doesn't want Dany to use them for the wrong reasons. And frankly, all those people want to use Daenerys and her dragons for their own mundane right.

Unless Planetos is egg-shaped or the maps are quite thoroughly wrong, it would be a much longer journey getting to Westeros by going east from Meereen than by going west.

It's not only about the length of the journey. Quaithe clearly thinks Dany needs to go to Asshai, but we don't know why.

It's not only about the length of the journey. Quaithe clearly thinks Dany needs to go to Asshai, but we don't know why.

I'm far from convinced that Quaithe has Dany's best interests at heart, and Quaithe probably isn't going to get her way:

[Will we see Asshai?]

Only in flashback and memory, if at all.

SSM

This SSM suggests that heading further east from Asshai in an attempt to get to Westeros would be highly unlikely, even if GRRM has changed his mind and Dany does go there. Of course with prophecy and magic involved we can't exclude the possibility that Dany does the first recorded circumnavigation to get back to Westeros, but it would, according to the maps, still be the long way around, and through uncharted territory. That would seem a bad choice to get Dany to Westeros before the books are over!

Dany's return journey to Westeros is certainly full of unknowns though. If she does manage to gather a significant Dothraki force, how's she going to get them across the sea? The 93 ships of the Iron Fleet are too few to realistically carry her current forces, but at least within the scope of plot-convenience handwaving. Even a rather modest Khalasaar of 10,000 men and 15,000 horses would require a fleet many times larger. Makes me wonder if there's something more to MMD's "When the seas go dry" than is generally thought.

There is one thing I can't figure out how George will tie up. If she saves Mereen and routes the armies laying siege to it she will still have most of the free cities and all the slaver cities out for her blood. Mereen will never be safe unless she goes Aegon on every city between her and King's Landing. If Dany & co leave for Westeros the masters and rulers will put Mereen to the same fate as Astapor.

Even with Dany on the throne at the end, she will still have cities as far as Qarth plotting vengeance on her.

There is one thing I can't figure out how George will tie up. If she saves Mereen and routes the armies laying siege to it she will still have most of the free cities and all the slaver cities out for her blood. Mereen will never be safe unless she goes Aegon on every city between her and King's Landing. If Dany & co leave for Westeros the masters and rulers will put Mereen to the same fate as Astapor.

Even with Dany on the throne at the end, she will still have cities as far as Qarth plotting vengeance on her.

He somewhat wrote himself into a corner by making, literally, everyone in Slaver's Bay a worthless POS, with not one faction that she could make an alliance with who she could later leave in control with some sense that things will move forward. He can't have her burn it all to the ground, well he can, but that would make her entire arc of ruling a failure, but any positive solution is going to be somewhat far fetched at this point. She can't stay in Essos either, since we know she goes to Westeros to fight the Others. I doubt he leaves Tyrion in charge. It would be also very strange if some brand new, highly competent character were to show up in book 6, able to take over SB after she leaves.

My best guess would be that the Iron Bank takes over, although how that is going to roll out and not seem like another plot gift, I have no idea, since 5 books in, and Stormborn has no ties with the Iron Bank.

• I think the shadow she must go through is Targaryen madness which will come when she learns about fAegon taking the IT and Illyrio's help to him.Dany believes she is the last and only Targaryen and the rightful queen of Westeros.​

• The east Vees Dothrak and getting a khalassar.

Going back can mean places she passed some time like: Meereen,Qarth, Pentos, Braavos,Dragonstone.

Going south is taking KL from Aegon and try to reunite the 7 kingdoms against the Others.

I too was hoping for Asshai but this can't happen in 2 books.

He somewhat wrote himself into a corner by making, literally, everyone in Slaver's Bay a worthless POS, with not one faction that she could make an alliance with who she could later leave in control with some sense that things will move forward. He can't have her burn it all to the ground, well he can, but that would make her entire arc of ruling a failure, but any positive solution is going to be somewhat far fetched at this point. She can't stay in Essos either, since we know she goes to Westeros to fight the Others. I doubt he leaves Tyrion in charge. It would be also very strange if some brand new, highly competent character were to show up in book 6, able to take over SB after she leaves.

My best guess would be that the Iron Bank takes over, although how that is going to roll out and not seem like another plot gift, I have no idea, since 5 books in, and Stormborn has no ties with the Iron Bank.

I don't doubt that. I highly suspect Tyrion will have a major influence after the is battle over, he was at the bottom in aDwD and his situation started to change towards the end of the book and will continue in Winds apparently.

Besides that, we're talking about Tyrion, we never know what GRRM can do using character's wisdom.

Archived