Dany's arc in TWOW according to Quaithe (Spoilers Abound)

Fishfoot

This has been my opinion forever. That she will arrive in Westeros from the sunset sea, and Victorian will traverse the globe in a way that Euron was never able. Dany's first conquest will be with Vic on her side placing him as the Lord of the Iron Islands and giving her an unsuspected foothold in Westeros. The Lannisters and Tyrells will be between the Hammer and the Anvil as they face the Golden Company, the untouched strength of Dorne, and the Murmers Dragon and the holy army being drawn to Kings Landing that will support fAegon's claim, from the South East and Storms End... and the mighty Khalasar, reinvigorated loyalist from the riverlands, the true unsullied, the fierce Storm crows, Tyrion's (not Brown Ben's) sellsword company, Barristan's Knights fighting for their fallen grandfather, (he is dieing in the battle of Mereen) and Dany's freed slaves.

After those two fronts make short work of they Lannisters and the Tyrells the Dance of Dragons Part 2 will begin between Dany and fAegon. One interesting part of this will be the subterfuge between Tyrion acting on Dany's behalf and Varys acting on fAegon's behalf.

Meanwhile Stannis aided by Bran will out be able to out strategize the bickering Bolten / Frey Bastards (yes Roose is a son of a bitch too, sorry Roose lovers), and after learning of the Dance with Dragons he will rush to Aegons Aid falling victim to Varys' properganda and rushing to join whom he believes is his rightful King. This will make it more of difficult situation for Dany but obviously she has to overcome, my guess is Tyrion uses his relationship with Littlefinger to get the unmolested Vale forces to FINALLY join the fight on Dany's behalf. so they will finish Stannis' forces for her. Making all the Stannis lovers hate Littlefinger that much more!

...Meanwhile meanwhile during all this the Wall will face the full onslaught of the wights, and others. Jon will survive his peril and pull together the watch and the wildlings and use everything at his disposal, Red woman and wall included to barley hold off the undead onslaught. They will plead for assistance like they did when the wildings attacked which Dany will eventually give after she finishes off her fake cousin and the might of Dorne at the cost of her most of her Khalasar, many of her freedmen, most of Barristans knights, all of the Stom Crows, but she will bring together the survivors of each decimated army to bring North and save the realm...

Now for some crackpot... When she arrives with her decimated patchwork army it still seems like a losing fight, the wall is finally failing and Drogon cannot be the trump card by himself, but Jon fulfills the red womans AA reborn prophecy and Dany becomes Nissa and Longclaw becomes the true Lightbringer, and Jon leads Tyrion and his sellswords to their deaths, the wildlings to their deaths, the Nights Watch men to their deaths, Dany's patchwork army to their deaths, and when the smoke clears and the battle is over, Jon remains as the great hero, the wall is destroyed connecting the North to the rest of Westeros, the Others are finished, by AA reborn.

Through all of this Bran will discover R+L=J which we will finally get proven to us through Bran's POV while going through the past, and Bran will somehow communicate this to Jon and the masses. Proof will be delivered by the hooded man in Winterfell (Benjen Stark) and Jon after everything will claim his rightful place as Jon Targaryn, AA reborn, the union of Ice and Fire, Lord of the yada yada yada yada, Samewell Tarly will become his Great Maester, Jon will marry Sansa and rebuild Westeros in the way that Ned brought him up.

P.S. During all this time Arya will come to Westeros and take charge of the giant Wolfpack through her connection with Nymeria, she will reconnect with lady stoneheart, and the brothers without banners... Arya's life experiences will harden her and prepare her for this reconnection, and they will join forces, (monsterous wolfpack and BwB) and they will take Vengence on the twins completely decimating the Frey's line and the Rains of Castamere will no longer be the most horrific ending of a family line, as this barbaric killing spree lead by an undead woman, a faceless man in child's form, a monstrous wolf pack, and a lawless band of Red God worshipers will be the stuff of legend for all time.

I...really like this... :o

The bolded part was Jon marries Sansa, and if RLJ is true, then he is her cousin.

I believe cousin marriages are fairly common and not considered to be incest in Westeros. I am not sure about aunt/nephew marriages. Obviously, this is a little uncomfortable for most of us, given our own societies stricter rules on incest.

Dany will die in childbirth to bear Jon a motherless child. This is when she will be reunited with Drogo, in the afterlife... It is known.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

I like it. Sign me up.

Possibly, their love-making won't lead to any sort of epic love or romance but rather the equivalent of a hot dog being thrown down a hallway.

:laugh:

^

Just googled the stats on first cousin marriage. Mind boggled.

Canada - legal

U.S. - depends on state (some states allow it if over a certain age - over 55 or 65, and one of the cousins cannot reproduce)

Whoa. Pardon me while I move.

Whoa. Pardon me while I move.

It's official ... Canucks be striving for hillbilly status ... :eek: Question Period making more sense now. (And yes, I am Canadian)

ETA: Deepest apologies to posters for allowing my google addiction to derail topic.

Given that its allowed in Canada, nearly all of our media is American in source, thus we think of cousins and marrying and associate it with the redneck deep south part of the US that is regularly lampooned. I don't think most Canadians think it is legal, but it's not something people would likely consider proper in any case. I wouldn't be surprised to see it amended though.

I was at a family function a few years ago when an elderly great-aunt suggested I'd be a good match for a then-unmarried second cousin. A lengthy and uncomfortable silence ensued.

OTOH, it's not unknown. The Australian actress Greta Scacchi has a child with her first cousin and no one seems harmed by it, although it is unconventional. To be fair, the sort of incest we associate with the Middle Ages or the Targaryens comes with generations of inbreeding and not much genetic diversity. I'm Australian, and the majority of my school friends have married people from far-flung locales across the globe so the genetic diversity would be much greater, I imagine, if you went the cousin route. But in such a globalised world you'd like to think you could find someone who wasn't in your family tree ;)

I believe it is past time for Archmaester Marwyn to reach Daenerys's side so he can counsel her on the danger of listening to this sorceress who calls herself "Quaith". We know little and less of Quaith so I've never assumed that she has Daenerys's interests in mind. Clearly she is using a glass candle to force visions upon Daenerys - at the least, I think Daenerys deserves to know the means by which Quaith manipulates her.

It's official ... Canucks be striving for hillbilly status ... :eek: Question Period making more sense now. (And yes, I am Canadian)

ETA: Deepest apologies to posters for allowing my google addiction to derail topic.

Well, it is disturbing, so it fits right in with GRRM's stuff. :P

I'm not actually a proponent of the Jon + Dany thing; I think it's much too obvious and cliché.

And besides, if Quaithe is looking through glass candles, I wonder what she'd make of Dany where she is now. Basically everything she said was to get Dany to avoid contact with anyone and everyone who might get her to Westeros; because she clearly wants her to go to Asshai. She probably wants the dragons in Asshai; frankly, I think Quaithe is the one Dany needs to worry about the most. Even GRRM said it himself: that prophecies are tricky things.

To me, Mirri Maz Duur, Quaithe and Marwyn are all tied in together, but I haven't worked out the puzzle yet.

Yeah. Quaithe doesn't mention Marwyn (or anything that can be related to him for that matter) in her warning. That would certainly make Dany distrust everyone we know who is going to meet her, except him.

I just don't think MMD is tied with them.

Yeah. Quaithe doesn't mention Marwyn (or anything that can be related to him for that matter) in her warning. That would certainly make Dany distrust everyone we know who is going to meet her, except him.

I just don't think MMD is tied with them.

Quaithe and Marwyn both have glass candles, and Marwyn trained MMD.

Other than that, it quite frankly seems like Marwyn and Quaithe have opposing views for what Dany should be doing. Marwyn (supposedly?) wants her in Westeros. Although I forget, does he say this explicitly?

Quaithe wants her in Asshai. Why then doesn't she warn against Marwyn, as opposed to the others, against whom she's very clearly biased?

Quaithe and Marwyn both have glass candles, and Marwyn trained MMD.

I know, but he and Quaithe would have plans for Dany only after her dragons were born. MMD happened earlier, so I think it's just a coincidence.

Other than that, it quite frankly seems like Marwyn and Quaithe have opposing views for what Dany should be doing. Marwyn (supposedly?) wants her in Westeros. Although I forget, does he say this explicitly?

Quaithe wants her in Asshai. Why then doesn't she warn against Marwyn, as opposed to the others, against whom she's very clearly biased?

That's why I don't discard they're playing together. Only if we assume one who has a glass candle can block another one's vision. But I don't remember Marwyn's intentions either, I have to reread it.

ETA: He just states that he needs to get to her before the "grey sheep" and acts like he genuinely wants to help her because she's TPTWP. So yeah, if he believes TPTWP is there to fight the Others, he wants to take Daenerys to Weteros.

I always thought Dany would invade Westros from the East. But one of the many people pulling Martin's talks together, says Dany (and we) will only learn of the East from other's memories or flashbacks.

So where does this put Quaithe? I agree with the assessment that she and Marwyn are working toward different ends. I am anxious to learn what role he takes in all this.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Dany is avoiding the perfumed stewart at her court, yes? I think the Stinking Stewart that Tyrion is aboard is the thing she must avoid.

I could never envision Dany and Jon together after Drogo. She needs a man, and Jon, though buffeted by the time beyond the Wall, is not yet there.

After finishing ADwD, I cannot envision Westeros after war with dragons, the Unsullied and the Dothraki. Not to mention the struggle at the Wall. Will it be a smoking wasteland, with little groups of survivors settling scores? Would the Dothraki return to the grasslands or thunder around the Reach?

Archived