Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion: The reboot

protar

I'm far more interested by the reminder that Agent Carter starts on Tuesday. Coz I just looked it up after basically forgetting about it, and it's an excellent premise and cast (Enver Gjokaj!). Looks like a far more solid show than Agents of SHIELD, and only 8 episodes, so little room for filler.

That said, the full Ant-Man trailer will be interesting, though I absolutely detest this fashion for running trailers for trailers.

THIS. It has gotten tired.

It's more that you've gotten tired of it.

Cause it works and so it will keep happening. Cause you need the hype to make a blockbuster work.

It's more that you've gotten tired of it.

Cause it works and so it will keep happening. Cause you need the hype to make a blockbuster work.

Eh, I suppose you are correct, but as far as I'm concerned they are out clevering themselves...

"Oh, I get it! It's a trailer for ants! So glad I clicked that. Got me, Marvel!"

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.Tony makes Ultron ( thus making him responsible for Ultron's destruction, to a certain degree in other's eyes) and The Civil War will be more Cap centric ? Tony ended up looking like the bad guy in the comics too, now it seems he'll be portrayed a little negatively in the movies too ( which is strange, as Iron Man seems to have become more popular amoungst the Avengers internationally) I was of the opinion that Civil War should've been covered in Avengers 2.

I'm far more interested by the reminder that Agent Carter starts on Tuesday. Coz I just looked it up after basically forgetting about it, and it's an excellent premise and cast (Enver Gjokaj!). Looks like a far more solid show than Agents of SHIELD, and only 8 episodes, so little room for filler.

That said, the full Ant-Man trailer will be interesting, though I absolutely detest this fashion for running trailers for trailers.

I don't know if you're one of the people who tapped out early, but SHIELD is so good now, I'm actually disappointed that we have to wait until Agent Carter concludes before we see it back.

I don't know if you're one of the people who tapped out early, but SHIELD is so good now, I'm actually disappointed that we have to wait until Agent Carter concludes before we see it back.

You say 'tapped out early', but for my part I can tell you that I was locked into a Kimora for at least 8 episodes. I had to tap if I wanted to keep my arm.

I'll try and give it another go. I have the episodes recorded but even though the last third of season 1 was an improvement it still felt like "ok" tv rather than great and as such has been languishing near the bottom of a "to watch" pile. I think there's more chance I'll check out "Agent Carter" and if that impresses, I'll be more inclined to check out SHIELD again.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.Tony makes Ultron ( thus making him responsible for Ultron's destruction, to a certain degree in other's eyes) and The Civil War will be more Cap centric ? Tony ended up looking like the bad guy in the comics too, now it seems he'll be portrayed a little negatively in the movies too ( which is strange, as Iron Man seems to have become more popular amoungst the Avengers internationally) I was of the opinion that Civil War should've been covered in Avengers 2.

In one sense he's the safest bet to have as a "villain" - everyone loves RDJR's performance and there's the fact the character will be retired for quite some time after he leaves the role. With Cap there is the opportunity to use other actors/characters and I think it could work but I don't think anyone is ready for a non RDJR Iron Man for a while. I'm also hoping the pro/anti registration camps aren't as black and white as the comic versions ultimately were.

I do find it strange how Cap and Superman are having their sequels hijacked by their more popular counterparts though. Both have carried films well on their own terms but i guess most folk wont object to more iron man or batman at the box office.

I'll try and give it another go. I have the episodes recorded but even though the last third of season 1 was an improvement it still felt like "ok" tv rather than great and as such has been languishing near the bottom of a "to watch" pile. I think there's more chance I'll check out "Agent Carter" and if that impresses, I'll be more inclined to check out SHIELD again.

It's actually my favorite show these days. It's the only show I absolutely need to watch live. The season one characters are meatier and the new blood has only added to the overall chemistry. The Brit they have playing Lance Hunter reminds me of Fraction's Hawkeye, and his stuff with Mockingbird has been so much fun, considering. Of course, where they've taken Ward has been the best part of it all. I would love to see some of these characters cameo in Civil War -- they're going to need bodies for that movie, anyway, if they're going to take the scale anywhere near what the comic storyline was like.

Leap,

Hmm. I hope Paul Rudd is up to his role. I think he has some aspects of what a superhero/actor already, but I also feel that to break your typecast role you have to go for something that's very different from your previous roles.

Kunu as Ant-Man? Got a bad feeling about this one.

The first season should really come with one of those "it gets better" videos like they make for gay children.

Yeah, I quit SHIELD just after the S1 mid-season break in order to watch more entertaining things (ie The Blacklist). Fucking poor, even though I heard about the finale and in terms of what actually happened, it was cool. I'll give s2 a look eventually, but I'm feeling skittish, it was such a letdown.

The problem with season 1 was that they had to wait until Winter Solider came out before they could really get going with the story arc, which meant an awful lot of filler episodes with lame villains of the week.

Lone voice here, I know, but I always liked AoS. Could never see what the complaints were about. Yes, there was a certain amount of setup early on while it got going - what show doesn't have that in season 1? It was a good show, it's still a good show. I actually have more issues with season 2 than I ever did with 1.

Lone voice here, I know, but I always liked AoS. Could never see what the complaints were about. Yes, there was a certain amount of setup early on while it got going - what show doesn't have that in season 1? It was a good show, it's still a good show. I actually have more issues with season 2 than I ever did with 1.

I didn't know that so much of it was setup while watching it, it seemed like a bunch of "Monster of the Week" episodes. I wouldn't say all of season one is bad, but it picks up a lot when they get to Winter Solider.

Oh and then they get Samuel Jackson on the plane for a cameo, and there aren't even any snakes for him to fight. Wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I quit SHIELD just after the S1 mid-season break in order to watch more entertaining things (ie The Blacklist). Fucking poor, even though I heard about the finale and in terms of what actually happened, it was cool. I'll give s2 a look eventually, but I'm feeling skittish, it was such a letdown.

That's when I quit as well. Add to that the fact that circumstances conspired to prevent me from watchingWinter Soldier in theaters and I felt like I just couldn't go back to it. :dunno:

Archived