If there were a BWBcon...

Yagathai

Essential:

GRRM

Incentivize:

Collaborators (Wild Cards authors, cover artists, Bill from SubPress, etc)

Costume and armor creators from GoT (saw the lead costume designer give a talk at the Met the other week -- fascinating)

Things that would be nice:

The people whose scholarship informs different aspects of ASOIAF (historians, armor experts, archeologists, etc)

The people whose scholarship builds context while reading ASOIAF (gender theorists, literary critics, philosophers)

A steamboat

Things about which I care not:

Actors on GoT (The ones I've met are very nice, but this aspect of fandom is of no interest to me whatsoever)

Everything else I'm brainstorming right now is almost at the level of track programming and even individual programs, which is a bit granular at this phase.

Lots of BWB folks in attendance.

This is about the only thing that would matter to me. All the other stuff is nice but I would go to something like this for the people attending not any programming or special guests.

After that I'd say the next essential thing is having it in a location that is easy to get to for many people - i.e. major airport with lots of direct flights and other transportation options. And then the hotel be in a location where a car is not needed and there are food options within a few blocks so one is not limited to the hotel for food.

This almost exactly defines the con I would most like to attend.

Essential:

GRRM

Incentivize:

Collaborators (Wild Cards authors, cover artists, Bill from SubPress, etc)

Costume and armor creators from GoT (saw the lead costume designer give a talk at the Met the other week -- fascinating)

Things that would be nice:

The people whose scholarship informs different aspects of ASOIAF (historians, armor experts, archeologists, etc)

The people whose scholarship builds context while reading ASOIAF (gender theorists, literary critics, philosophers)

A steamboat

Things about which I care not:

Actors on GoT (The ones I've met are very nice, but this aspect of fandom is of no interest to me whatsoever)

Everything else I'm brainstorming right now is almost at the level of track programming and even individual programs, which is a bit granular at this phase.

- If the actors are there. I care about Tyrion. The only reason I'd want to hear Dinkalge talk would be if he really wanted to get into the minutia of how he reads and sees Tyrion.

+ If GRRM put together a panel of writers he respects.

+++If I can just pay a lot for a ticket and that for some reason get's me free access to beer.

The reason I mention the actors in the more minor roles is that with someone like Dinklage or Emilia or Lena, security becomes too important and it would be little better than a ComiCon panel. But when you guys have hung with Donachie and Rory and Kristian, you can actually interact with them as humans without anyone getting TOO fanboyish.

Archived