Theory: Dany doesn't get to Westeros until the final season(?)

VictariousReturneth

Actually, one season in Westeros seems too, too simple for D&D. Not much can happen in one season, or can it? What if they cut the Battle of Fire completely? It's not as imporant for her to get Vicky's ships, if there's no Vicky. Maybe she could somehow rally the free cities and let them be as they were if they help her take "her throne"?

My money is that she's going to show up the middle of season 6. I doubt she'll arrive in S7 just to, "fight the WWs". Seems unrealistic. She doesn't know what the hell is going on in Westeros and all of a sudden she's going to land there and start fighting ice zombies? Yeah, no. I doubt that. "Someone" needs to explain to her what the hell these things are and what kind of threat they represent (probably Jon or someone in the NW); and that development will take more than a couple of episodes in the final season. I think she goes back early, perhaps establishes her reign, and then unites the 7K's to fight the threat together (or something along those lines).

That sounds far too much like a conventional happy ending to me. Perhaps she will get back to Westeros come close to taking the iron throne and then realise she can never take it and instead has to support other factions against the white walkers? Certainly some sort of battle with Aegon could also work before then looking northwards. Either way I seriously don't see any invasion of Westeros before mid-season 6/winds of winter and it seems better placed to be towards the end of that work.

My money is that she's going to show up the middle of season 6. I doubt she'll arrive in S7 just to, "fight the WWs". Seems unrealistic. She doesn't know what the hell is going on in Westeros and all of a sudden she's going to land there and start fighting ice zombies? Yeah, no. I doubt that. "Someone" needs to explain to her what the hell these things are and what kind of threat they represent (probably Jon or someone in the NW); and that development will take more than a couple of episodes in the final season. I think she goes back early, perhaps establishes her reign, and then unites the 7K's to fight the threat together (or something along those lines).

Maester Marwyn is sailing towards her, and he will explain everything about the others to her. Moqorro "Big Snot", the Red Priest probably knows something about the incoming Long Night too. And then there is Quaithe.

That sounds far too much like a conventional happy ending to me. Perhaps she will get back to Westeros come close to taking the iron throne and then realise she can never realise it and instead has to support other factions against the white walkers? Certainly some sort of battle with Aegon could also work before then looking northwards. Either way I seriously don't see any invasion of Westeros before mid-season 6/winds of winter and it seems better placed to be towards the end of that work.

I'm more in agreement with you; I don't think she ends up on the iron throne either. Actually, my money is on her dying before all is said and done. My speculation about her coming to Westeros earlier than the final season is for the reason you stated: it's all too fairy tale and "conventional happy ending" for her to show up in the final season like Super Woman and "save the day". For her to do anything against the WWs, she has to be in Westeros before they actually come down, and that will require more time than the final season will provide. I continue believing she'll cross over before the end of S6.

Dany fighting only White Walkers and not other political factions would suck for the same reason Dexter finale sucked. It was unwritten premise that Dexter will be exposed to his incompetent co-workers in the end of the show, but new showrunners did not get it, and the finale was universaly hated as result. With Dany it is similar, "everyone" want to see how she will deal with other characters when she finally arrive in Westeros. To skip that and just let her save a day against White Walkers and die heroically would be completely unsatisfying.

The problem with Dany's timetable to get to Westeros does not lie with Dany herself. The problem is synchronising her arrival with the other characters' arcs, most notably Sansa, Jon, Cersei, and fAegon. Dany will need each of those characters to hit a certain mark before she lands and that can easily eat up the rest of season 6. It's what I call the Vale-nese Knot (I'm assuming she lands there); but after she lands one season should be enough to sort out the final book's material. So my bet is she sails off in s6e10 and lands in s7e01. She'll spent season 6 doing what she will be up to in TWOW.

Dany fighting only White Walkers and not other political factions would suck for the same reason Dexter finale sucked. It was unwritten premise that Dexter will be exposed to his incompetent co-workers in the end of the show, but new showrunners did not get it, and the finale was universaly hated as result. With Dany it is similar, "everyone" want to see how she will deal with other characters when she finally arrive in Westeros. To skip that and just let her save a day against White Walkers and die heroically would be completely unsatisfying.

I was having this discussion (re: when Daenerys will go back to Westeros) with a friend and thinking about your comment further solidified to me that she has to cross over before the final season. I mean, I'm thinking that whoever is sitting on the throne in that moment isn't going to give it up so easily. Can anyone say with a straight face that Stannis or Cersei won't fight to the death to keep what they both feel is rightfully theirs (or their child's), thereby producing a lot of character interactions? Those will take time. Therefore, she has to get there before S7.

Then again, perhaps everyone dies in S6 and there's no one actually on the throne when she crosses over. If that's the case, then I'm wrong about everything and she can cross over S7E8 and it would it would still totally work. :dunno:

The problem with Dany's timetable to get to Westeros does not lie with Dany herself. The problem is synchronising her arrival with the other characters' arcs, most notably Sansa, Jon, Cersei, and fAegon. Dany will need each of those characters to hit a certain mark before she lands and that can easily eat up the rest of season 6. It's what I call the Vale-nese Knot (I'm assuming she lands there); but after she lands one season should be enough to sort out the final book's material. So my bet is she sails off in s6e10 and lands in s7e01. She'll spent season 6 doing what she will be up to in TWOW.

I don't think that's what's going to happen.

If the pit is in this season as spoiled already w/ Tyrion and her chilling

...we'll be spending a lot of time with her doing nothing in S6. I doubt you're going to get the whole Dothraki Sea arc. I'd guess whatever they decide to do w/ her and Drogon gets her pieces moving quickly in S6.

Then again, perhaps everyone dies in S6 and there's no one actually on the throne when she crosses over. If that's the case, then I'm wrong about everything and she can cross over S7E8 and it would it would still totally work. :dunno:

In the books? That's a horrible thought! It mean GRRM would have to invent a dozen more major characters and we get 7 more new novels!

With the elimination of some major antagonists might have the right crew to wrap things up, as of now.

I think/hope there might be difference how the show will handle Dany story. I think you are right about Dany going to Westeros on end of TWOW and maybe lands there only in the final book. And i agree it is best to do it between seasons. But with all cuts, a possibilty of Dany pretty much finishing her Mereen storyline at end of season 5 and no Aegon as a foreign invader in season 6, i think there is a chance she will be in Westeros early in season 6 in the show. There she will join forces with Dorne and take down Lannisters instead of Aegon. I think it is vastly preferable then her doing whatever in Pentos and KL and Dorne to have some filler story until Dany come for the final season (Trystane as Aegon replacement does not really work for me). Also it would work better thematically. Season 6 will deal with the Iron Throne, Season 7 with White Walkers and with what will happen after the regime change, doing it all in the final season would be very rushed.

If (f)Aegon is cut, I also think Dany will go to Westeros early in season 6 and replace a part of what (f)Aegon would have done in book 6. And in season 7 she could go north like she'll probably do in book 7.

In the books? That's a horrible thought! It mean GRRM would have to invent a dozen more major characters and we get 7 more new novels!

With the elimination of some major antagonists might have the right crew to wrap things up, as of now.

Even if the Seven Kingdoms are overrun and King's Landing is destroyed, that doesn't mean that everybody will die. There would be pockets of resistance. The Great Lords probably would retreat to their fiefdoms to defend their own lands rather than going to KL.

As a matter of fact, KL would be relatively easy for the Others to destroy if they manage to reach it before people is aware of their powers and get ready to fight them. There are a lot of people in KL, very few of which are trained to fight. If a handful of Others manage to enter into KL they could go to Flea Bottom, make a carnage and raise hundreds of Wights before anybody noticed it. Once the Wights start killing commoners, we are speaking of thousands of wights. Repeat that every night.

And if the people in KL realize that fire can destroy Wights and try to use it, there is a high chance that the flaming undead running around burn the city down.

Heck, KL might starve long before the Others reach it, when they raid the countryside and everybody lock themselves in castles and fortified town. And when the Others reach KL, they already find piles of frozen corpses awaiting for them to raise them as Wights.

In short, the main characters might live long after KL falls.

Archived