Dumbest Lord in Westeros history

C.T. Phipps

Wow.

This is a question with some competition.

Who is the dumbest Lord in Westeros history?

The guy who plays the Game of Thrones BADLY.

Share your reasons why?

You can also include epic blunders which you personally are amazed by, even if they're not the worst.

Balon Greyjoy springs to mind - his first rebellion would've had much better chances during Robert's rebellion. He learnt better timing by his second rebellion but didn't exactly pick the most rewarding target

Yea never understood how he thought he'd survive that, maybe there's more to it

As I mentioned with Balon Greyjoy, the most realistic noble in Westeros is one who makes an incredibly stupid mistake and then compounds it when he is backed into a corner.

In RL, RIchard the Lionheart was taken captive and they paid the most ridiculously extravagant ransom of ALL TIME to get him back.

It's possible they assumed Tywin would negotiate any terms to get the King back and a pardon.

They just failed to realize Tywin has no INCENTIVE to do this.

Which is why I think Aerys was tortured. They realized how ****ed they were and how much of a hole they'd dug.

Dont forget the Ironborn King that butchered his Lannister mother and provoked the Lannister invasion of the Iron Islands.

The Ironborn's entire history seems to be one moron after another with rare exceptions. If the Targaryens flip a coin between genius and madness, the Ironborn flip one for rapist and moron.

And the coin lands on its edge half the time.

The Ironborn's entire history seems to be one moron after another with rare exceptions. If the Targaryens flip a coin between genius and madness, the Ironborn flip one for rapist and moron.

And the coin lands on its edge half the time.

I've said on another thread, but Victarion comes over as intelligent, humane, and enlightened, compared to most of the other Ironborn.

As I mentioned with Balon Greyjoy, the most realistic noble in Westeros is one who makes an incredibly stupid mistake and then compounds it when he is backed into a corner.

In RL, RIchard the Lionheart was taken captive and they paid the most ridiculously extravagant ransom of ALL TIME to get him back.

It's possible they assumed Tywin would negotiate any terms to get the King back and a pardon.

They just failed to realize Tywin has no INCENTIVE to do this.

Which is why I think Aerys was tortured. They realized how ****ed they were and how much of a hole they'd dug.

Afaik he was taken prisoner in Austria. This is a bit different from a englishman kidnapping him in England, whch wouldbe an equivalent of what the Darkyns did.

Without having read the World book, I agree that the Darklyns, Balon Greyjoy and a few Targs (Arion, Aerys and depening o how the prophecy will unfold itself Rhagar come to mind) are amongst the dumbest lords in Westerosi history. I choose the Darklyns.

Archived