Rolph Spicer, lord of Castamere?

dragonprince

Jamies last chapter of asos begins with him in the room while King Tommen is signing documents and Ser Kevan is explaining what each one is to the Tommen and during he signs one naming Rolph Spicer lord of Castamere and maybe I'm just confused but wasn't that Robbs wife Jeynes family member?

Please no spoilers if we find out later in the series!

[ t-spoiler ] [ / t-spoiler ]

Can someone tell me how I do spoiler tag? I always used ↑ this and it worked

Type your text...highlight everything you want in the spoiler then click the third button from the top left. First looks like a light switch, then an eraser...last one is a box with green & blue highlights (hover over and it will say Special BBCode). Use the drop down box and select the spoiler you want to use.

First Spoiler has the word Spoiler in bold.

Spoiler
The second Spoiler has the word Spoiler in regular text.

Did it work?

but why would tywin grant him lord of castamere if they were pledged to robb and traitors to the throne?

The answer is in the book, in Feast

Jeyne's mother was confabulated with Tywin. She was keeping Jeyne from getting pregnant.

The Wiki also says he participated in the RW, but I don't remember what part he played.

The answer is in the book, in Feast

Jeyne's mother was confabulated with Tywin. She was keeping Jeyne from getting pregnant.

The Wiki also says he participated in the RW, but I don't remember what part he played.

The wiki doesn't state that he participated in the RW.. he is granted his lordship, because of the role he played in the events that led to the RW. Rolph was on his way to exchange Martyn Lannister for Robett Glover, he was not near the Twins when the RW happened.

but why would tywin grant him lord of castamere if they were pledged to robb and traitors to the throne?

A spoilertag because the info is revealed in Feast

Sybel Spicer, Jeyne's mother, Rolph's sister, was working together with Tywin Lannister.. Rolph seems to have helped her. Increasing the odds that Jeyne and Robb would sleep together (as Tywin relied on Robb's sense of honor), which would lead to Robb breaking his betrothal to the Frey's, and then ensuring that Jeyne would not get pregnant.. In Storm, the girl tells Catelyn that her mother has been giving her potions to increase her fertility.. In truth, these "fertility potions" were doing the opposite, ensuring she would not become pregnant.

[ t-spoiler ] [ / t-spoiler ]

Can someone tell me how I do spoiler tag? I always used ↑ this and it worked

Lose the "t-" and the spaces, and it should work fine :)

Archived