What makes you think that Mel will try to...

Mithras

Can't quote right now, but a little bit before the stabbing, Mel tells Jon he will have to look upon the sky, and he'll know it's time to go to her. Jon understands that later as the raven bringing the pink letter, but I wonder if she didn't meant her warning for when Jon will warg Ghost, as a signal to come to her to have his body back.

Can't quote right now, but a little bit before the stabbing, Mel tells Jon he will have to look upon the sky, and he'll know it's time to go to her. Jon understands that later as the raven bringing the pink letter, but I wonder if she didn't meant her warning for when Jon will warg Ghost, as a signal to come to her to have his body back.

Mel has been warning Jon since the beginning of ADwD. It is clear that she was trying to win his trust and that is because she wants to make shadowbabies with him. Jon ignored almost all of her advices/warnings and now got himself stabbed. I think it is more plausible for Mel to go for Jon's blood for the time being, not his seeds.

Melisandre has plans for Jon , she knows he has king's blood in him from the old Kings of Winter and that Stannis is not long for this world . She need a source power. Jon is young, fairly attractive single, and a warg to boot, she figures he is good for a couple dozen shadowbabies and a few hundred killer leech spells she knows he finds her attractive and that she reminds him of his dead spearwife . She can mix business with pleasure .

I don't believe that Melisandre will have anything to do with Jon's "resurrection," except only to be a witness to it. I adhere to the theory that Jon is indeed the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, blood of both the Starks and Targaryens. I believe Jon's body will be considered dead by the Night's Watch, and kept until the initial chaos dies down. Meanwhile, Jon will have warged into Ghost. The Night's Watch will then build a funeral pyre for Jon's body, and as they burn it, Jon's Targaryen blood will effect the fire magic, in a similar fashion as Dany's at the end of A Game of Thrones when she walked into Drogo's funeral pyre and hatched her dragons. However, the magic will be effected when Jon wargs back into his body, the warging itself a form of Ice magic he gained with his Stark blood, thus making a new kind of magical event. Melisandre will see this happen and, being the religious fanatic that she is, will see and claim it as a "true miracle" because it was completely out of her control and grasp of understanding.

I don't see Melissandre being learned enough in Westeros history to grasp that Jon has true king's blood--Stannis' stance on Robb was that he was a usurper, not a true king, and I don't think she would know about either the old Kings of the North or the probable Rhaegar parentage. All she knows is she keeps seeing him as doing something important, so she needs to keep him alive. I think she WILL bring his body back, and because Jon's mind/soul had a safe harbor with ghost he won't be 'less' like Lady Stoneheart or Beric Dondarian.

I think Melissandre is a true seer, but she is crap at interpretation. She interprets as best fits what she wants rather than accepting that she just doesn't have all the information yet.

Oh, I have been thinking for a long time that Val will be involved in Jon's healing (I don't think he will die and so need resurrection).

My theory is that Jon will be mistaken for dead and put to an ice cell. Mel will probably know that he is not dead yet and try to take him before he dies. However, Val will escape and smuggle Jon out with the help of Wun Wun before Mel can lay her hands on him. Val will take Jon to the weirwood grove or to the weirwood tree at the Whitetree village and there Bran/Bloodraven will heal Jon. I think Ghost will be sacrificed to heal Jon similar to Lady's sacrifice was used by BR to heal Bran.

Val's name could be a play on Valkyrie, portrayed as blondes in white robes, who gave the kiss of death to fallen warriors to enter Valhalla to prepare for Ragnarok (chaos were all old rules are broken), marching with Odin (BR) against the frost giants (Others). Beric and Cat were resurrected through the last kiss, bestowed on servants of the Lord of Light as they died, a kiss of fire so to speak. I think Jon will wake up when Val gives him a kind of last kiss, only this may be a kiss of ice. Mel saw nine faces weeping blood with regards to visions, and I think that refers to the weirwood grove, right where BranRaven would get as good view.

I don't think Ghost will be sacrificed, but as "two kings to wake the dragon" suggest: Gerrick Kingsblood is sacrificed by fire and Asha (going by what Aemon said that Valyrians were gender neutral in language, so king and queen are likely the same term) by ice when her blood goes into the weirwood on the isle on the lake during the Battle of Ice. I think Melisandre's sacrifice of Gerrick would be for an offering.

Val's name could be a play on Valkyrie, portrayed as blondes in white robes, who gave the kiss of death to fallen warriors to enter Valhalla to prepare for Ragnarok (chaos were all old rules are broken), marching with Odin (BR) against the frost giants (Others). Beric and Cat were resurrected through the last kiss, bestowed on servants of the Lord of Light as they died, a kiss of fire so to speak. I think Jon will wake up when Val gives him a kind of last kiss, only this may be a kiss of ice. Mel saw nine faces weeping blood with regards to visions, and I think that refers to the weirwood grove, right where BranRaven would get as good view.

I don't think Ghost will be sacrificed, but as "two kings to wake the dragon" suggest: Gerrick Kingsblood is sacrificed by fire and Asha (going by what Aemon said that Valyrians were gender neutral in language, so king and queen are likely the same term) by ice when her blood goes into the weirwood on the isle on the lake during the Battle of Ice. I think Melisandre's sacrifice of Gerrick would be for an offering.

Mirri Maz Duur chanted words in a tongue that Dany did not know, and a knife appeared in her hand. Dany never saw where it came from. It looked old; hammered red bronze, leaf-shaped, its blade covered with ancient glyphs. The maegi drew it across the stallion’s throat, under the noble head, and the horse screamed and shuddered as the blood poured out of him in a red rush. He would have collapsed, but the men of her khas held him up. “Strength of the mount, go into the rider,” Mirri sang as horse blood swirled into the waters of Drogo’s bath. “Strength of the beast, go into the man.”

(...)

Inside the tent the shapes were dancing, circling the brazier and the bloody bath, dark against the sandsilk, and some did not look human. She glimpsed the shadow of a great wolf, and another like a man wreathed in flames.

Mirri Maz Duur chanted words in a tongue that Dany did not know, and a knife appeared in her hand. Dany never saw where it came from. It looked old; hammered red bronze, leaf-shaped, its blade covered with ancient glyphs. The maegi drew it across the stallion’s throat, under the noble head, and the horse screamed and shuddered as the blood poured out of him in a red rush. He would have collapsed, but the men of her khas held him up. “Strength of the mount, go into the rider,” Mirri sang as horse blood swirled into the waters of Drogo’s bath. “Strength of the beast, go into the man.”

(...)

Inside the tent the shapes were dancing, circling the brazier and the bloody bath, dark against the sandsilk, and some did not look human. She glimpsed the shadow of a great wolf, and another like a man wreathed in flames.

I think the man wreathed in flames was wighted Othor when Jon threw the burning drapes on him.

• 8 months later...

He'll be in Ghost just like Bran was in Summer after his coma (Bran's fall increased his gift, as the stabbing will Jon's).  Mel will think he's dead, start to burn him and like someone mentioned earlier, Val will save him from Mel.  Poor Mel, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

Archived