NFL Wildcard Week: Prelude to ManningFace

Jace, Extat

Bad behavior? I'd show up late/stoned if I worked at the NFL equivalent of Taco Bell too.

ETA: Rumor is that the Raiders are interested in Pat Shurmur, Jack Del Rio, Eric Mangini, and Tony Sporano. If the Browns are the NFL's Taco Bell, the Raiders are Walmart.

I like Browns as Taco Bell. Raiders are more like Radio Shack to me (still technically operational though no one cares).

Redskins is easy: Comcast. Loathsome, guaranteed to take the wrong side on every single issue, and insanely profitable despite being terrible at what they do.

I like Browns as Taco Bell. Raiders are more like Radio Shack to me (still technically operational though no one cares).

Redskins is easy: Comcast. Loathsome, guaranteed to take the wrong side on every single issue, and insanely profitable despite being terrible at what they do.

You nailed it with Radio Shack and Comcast. To me, Taco Bell is fairly goto for fastfood, so I'm not really feeling that for the Browns. Der Wienerschnitzel? Arby's maybe?

You nailed it with Radio Shack and Comcast. To me, Taco Bell is fairly goto for fastfood, so I'm not really feeling that for the Browns. Maybe Der Wienerschnitzel? Arby's maybe?

Ooh Arby's is a good one, right down to their color scheme and general reputation.

Honestly, I don't see Belichick retiring ever unless his mind fails. This isn't a job for him. From everything I have read, he loves this game like no other coach in history.

I could see him eventually wanting to write a book about the evolution of the game; its my understanding that he cares a great deal about the early history and progress of football.

But that would only be when he feels that he's no longer capable of the handling the incredibly long hours that coaching demands.

ESPN radio keeps taunting me today with the news that the Forty Niners have asked permission to interview Josh McDaniels.

I die a little on the inside every time I hear it. :crying:

So maybe the Jets are Burger King? Second fiddle, but in a can't fail business and at least until recently figureheaded by a big weird smile guy?

That mostly works, but the problem is that Burger King is still very successful at what it does. The Jets are more like WaWas. Dumb name, and no one outside of New Jersey gives a shit.

Such bullshit. So that means no player should ever be suspended for on-field behavior?

No. It means that no player has been suspended for on-field behavior. And that Suh's behavior did not reach the level that the arbitrator felt merited an exception. I can't say I agree - I thought one game far too little for an act clearly intended to injure a key player on a playoff rival.

But labor relations is all about agreements and precedents and without an agreement, the arbitrator had to use precedent. And that was the precedent.

No. It means that no player has been suspended for on-field behavior. And that Suh's behavior did not reach the level that the arbitrator felt merited an exception. I can't say I agree - I thought one game far too little for an act clearly intended to injure a key player on a playoff rival.

But labor relations is all about agreements and precedents and without an agreement, the arbitrator had to use precedent. And that was the precedent.

And this is why people hate lawyers and unions.

So you use him as the new precedent. This is a guy who has done this on numerous occasions. It was the last week of the season committed against a marquee player who is participating in the playoffs. Are they going to wait for this asshole to injure a marquee player in a fucking playoff game? Ridiculous. Gutless.

I'm now rooting for Suh to repeatedly step on Romo just for what twitter will do.

ESPN radio keeps taunting me today with the news that the Forty Niners have asked permission to interview Josh McDaniels.

I die a little on the inside every time I hear it. :crying:

Ooh that's exciting if it comes to pass. Means Kaepernick and Crabtree are all assuredly gone. I'm not sure which of Jimmy Garoppolo, Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet will QB the 49ers next year. Maybe all 3 will be the depth chart.

So you use him as the precedent. This is a guy who has done this on numerous occasions. It was the last week of the season committed against a marquee player who is participating in the playoffs. Are they going to wait for this asshole to injure a marquee player in a fucking playoff game? Ridiculous. Gutless.

If that is what the agreement says you can do, you do that. If it isn't (and it almost certainly isn't, or that is what would have been done), then you get sued. And you lose. And Suh ends up making money on the thing.

The law can be a b***h some times.

Archived