First To Die In TWOW- Myrcella or Tommen?

Rhinoman

Tommen,

Myrcella looks vulnerable after Darkstar attacked her but they won't finish the job. The fact Doran sent Obara and Areo after Darkstar seems to suggest his plans involve her being alive. Perhaps he wants to marry her to Trystane as part of that plan, eg Tywins Granddaughter is in Dornish hands. Following Tywins death his plans for her perhaps involve a politcal marriage to soothe feathers and consolidate peace in a post Tywin and diminished Lannister power era

I reckon though the Lannisters will fetch her out (Ser Robert Strong perhaps?) though and she will be crowned after Tommen and then get killed

I reckon Ser Pounce chasing off the "bad cat" might end up being relevant, maybe Tyene or Nymeria or whoever the poisons expert is is already poisoning him but I reckon that cat reference reltes to Arya coming back and killing him perhaps. Would be good writing too, one sympathetic character killing another, and would well symbolise a change arc in Arya and make her less sympathetic ala Lady Stoneheart. Would be interesting to see the contrast with Jaimies development arc from the start of the books

I do't think Myrcella will die in WOW but I do see Tommen being killed some where in the final chapters of the book. The question here will be how will Tommen die? One is that Tommen could end up being ambushed by one of the Greyjoys namely Euron so he can marry Myrcella and maybe Cersei. Second Arya could be given the task in killing Tommen the question here is what method will she use? If not with needle I could see Arya using poison since Arya's first lessons with the FM was too learn about drugs or poison that available. At this time I just don't think it will be Arya doing the killing simply because bye the time Arya reaches Westros Tommen will be dead bye then. Third possible way for Tommen to die could be trial by combat with rumors of Stannis's death Tommen may travel north and claim the loyalty of House Baratheon as Robert's only son. Stannis and Davos will claim that Tommen and Myrcella as bastards and proclaim Gendry as Robert's true son where Tommen will challeng Gendry in combat but the faiths will favor Gendry.

Yeah, the Dornish are so kind to children that Arianne Martell set Myrcella up to be sliced up. It was an accident that Myrcella even survived.

It was an accident she got hurt. She likes Myrcella, she wanted to crown her, not kill her. She was being reckless but it was not her intention, she was shocked after what Darkstar did.

When I said Dornish, I meant the 'royals' Doran, Arianne and the Sand Snakes.

Its hard to think of children being murdered, but i think myrcella gets it in dorne by some random person first. the whole country is riled up, and they think their prince is a wuss anyway. maybe cersei goes completely insane after hearing about this, plus with a possible targaryen approaching kings landing, she kills tommen and herself. she was already prepared to kill them once when kl was under attack. tho i dont rememeber if that was in the books or just in the tv series.

Well, I consistently stick to the "Tommen will be the valonqar" theory, which means Myrcella should go first - although I don't know whether it'll be in Book 6.

Why do people assume for a fact that Tommen and Myrcella will die? GRRM is too intelligent and Cersei si too dumb for that prophecy to be as literal as it is.

Unlike Patchface's ramblings, or that cryptic stuff from the Ghost of the High Heart or the House of the Undying, miss Maggy's fortune telling is completely devoid of all that "hear me being all cryptic and metaphoric and prophetic and shit" mumbo-jumbo. She calls them as she sees them.

Its hard to think of children being murdered, but i think myrcella gets it in dorne by some random person first. the whole country is riled up, and they think their prince is a wuss anyway. maybe cersei goes completely insane after hearing about this, plus with a possible targaryen approaching kings landing, she kills tommen and herself. she was already prepared to kill them once when kl was under attack. tho i dont rememeber if that was in the books or just in the tv series.

She is on her way to Kings Landing at the moment and very guarded. Besides she is not crowned yet.

I have read theories that have Myrcella already dead. That Darkstar did actually kill her. We don't have any POVs actually see her after that incident, only hear her talked about. We know she has her double there with her in Dorne also, that could also help this theory. I have not seen anyone bring that up here, has this theory been proven crack pot?

I have read theories that have Myrcella already dead. That Darkstar did actually kill her. We don't have any POVs actually see her after that incident, only hear her talked about. We know she has her double there with her in Dorne also, that could also help this theory. I have not seen anyone bring that up here, has this theory been proven crack pot?

The only evidence for that theory is that Rosamund went to Dorne with her. I'm sure Balon would recognise her and even if he's an idiot that doesn't, Myrcella will be sent back to King's Landing and Cersei would surely recognise her daughter.

Also, it doesn't fit with how GRRM portrayed Doran's character so far.

The Dornish would never kill a child. Doran would never allow it and it is against the nature of the Sand Snakes. They hate the Lannisters because they have killed Rhaenys and Aegon and planned to kill Trystane. They would never get on the same level. Beside, they like Myrcella and are kind to her, they do not blame her for her grandfather and mothers deeds.

And who says Doran will live forever? But even with that said, I still don't think that the prophecy means that Myrcella actually has to die during the events of ASOIAF. So I think Myrcella will be fine as long as 1. Doran lives and 2. She won't pursue the Iron Throne (even if she is crowned)

• 3 weeks later...

Myrcella. And I think it's going to Areo's axe that takes her out. Wonder if it'd be the last POV we get of him.

The Dornish don't murder innocent children, or have you forgotten? Maybe Jaime tells the world they aren't Baratheon's to save them and get them away from Cersei. That would be something.

Assuming the Prophecy is real, I'd go with Tommen. More people with a reason to kill him at the moment. Myrcella can't sit the throne.

Tommen will die before Myrcella - maybe even of natural causes.

This will result in Cersei trying to crown Myrcella - and possibly half of Dorne trying to follow and make sure that the Trystane / Myrcella betrothal does turn into a marriage. Which would be a nice irony since the original idea in Dorne, of Arianne having Myrcella crowned, was intended to be a strike *against* Cersei: for Cersei herself to be the driving force behind crowning Myrcella would make things very interesting.

The other half of Dorne will follow Arianne, who by now will be backing Aegon, after Prince Doran dies at a critical moment and Dorne can no longer hold together without him.

Myrcella will die, and Cersei be finally driven from King's Landing, by the Arianne / Aegon alliance (which may or may not include a marriage, once news gets back that Quentyn Martell is dead and Daenerys apparently not coming at all, having married a nobleman native to Meereen.) News that Daenerys herself has left Meereen will be even later.

And meanwhile, victory after victory follows Aegon, even as the greyscale plague spreads in the areas behind him thanks to Jon Connington. He wins the battle, gets to King's Landing, sets a date for his coronation.

And on that date, as he is being crowned, a mighty dragon appears in the sky. The crowd begin to cheer for the return of the dragons.

And the cheers turn to screams when the dragon comes down and incinerates Aegon with one blast. It's Rhaegal, and he's under the control of the ironborn (either Euron or Victarion, doesn't really matter which), via the dragon horn.

Daenerys, in hot pursuit on Drogon, is too late back to Westeros: having arrived too late back at Meereen (and found herself widowed a second time), and then taken off after the people who stole Rhaegal, having also left the third dragon behind (Viserion, injured during the Meereenese siege, currently being cared for by Tyrion). She comes back the only way she could come back - alone, with nothing but one dragon (Drogon) to back her up, one woman and one dragon against a continent - and now to find that she has to fight *against* Euron's ironborn and Rhaegal. The late arrival of Tyrion on Viserion, slowly recovering from his injuries, may turn out to be important in another battle of dragons.

Tyrion's comment to Aegon in their cyvasse game - "You left your dragon too far away from the action and she could not get over to save you" - comes true in the worst possible way...

I would normally never say this about 99 percent of fan theories, but well done.

Archived