Wow, I never noticed that, v. 9

Jon Weirgaryen

The Red Widow of Coldmoat, Rohanne Webber, is Tywin's grandmother! :)

I was mind-blown when I found out!

In AFFC,when Nymeria meets up with Doran on their way to Sunspear she says "I was abed with the Fowler twins" when she found out about Oberyns death...I always assumed that the twins were guys but it turns out that they're girls,Jeyne and Jennelyn Fowler.

In AFFC,when Nymeria meets up with Doran on their way to Sunspear she says "I was abed with the Fowler twins" when she found out about Oberyns death...I always assumed that the twins were guys but it turns out that they're girls,Jeyne and Jennelyn Fowler.

I can't wait till HBO gets to Dorne!

Completely just blew my mind!

I'm not so sure why everyone thinks that Arianne being abed with the Fowler twins is indicative of anything other than the fact that were sharing a bed. Highborn women often share their beds with their attendants, and it doesn't always lead to hot Queen on Myrishwoman action. I would cite Danaerys as an example, but then she made Irri (Jiqui?) perform sex acts on her... bad example. Margaery makes sure that she always shares her bed with one of her attendants, which was supposed to insulate her against accusations of fornication... ergo, the presence of another person in the bed is supposed to NOT suggest that they are lovers.

For that matter, a lot of these people all share beds. When Arya was pretending to be, uh, Arry (or Weasel) she trundled into a bed with a lot of Beric's men, including Gendry who was naked at that time. Are suggesting that Gendry was fooling around with the men in the BWB?

"“When Brienne peered more closely, she saw creatures in the foliage: a sly red fox, two sparrows on a branch, and behind those leaves the shadow of a boar.”

AFfC Brienne 2

Doing my first ever AFfC reread and I just spotted this. I get the fox and two sparrows; Littlefinger and Sansa/Robert Arryn (Little bird/Sweet Robin). I don't get the shadow of a boar, though...

"When Brienne peered more closely, she saw creatures in the foliage: a sly red fox, two sparrows on a branch, and behind those leaves the shadow of a boar.

AFfC Brienne 2

Doing my first ever AFfC reread and I just spotted this. I get the fox and two sparrows; Littlefinger and Sansa/Robert Arryn (Little bird/Sweet Robin). I don't get the shadow of a boar, though...

I asked about this in Small Questions a while back and speculated...

I don't see the fox, the sparrows, and the boar as a foreshadowing of the showdown at Cracklaw Point. Could the sparrows be the new high septon and the beheaded dwarf Brienne meets? Perhaps the sly fox is the Mad Mouse? Is the shadow of the boar Gendry, Robert's son? Come on, help me out here...

I don't see the fox, the sparrows, and the boar as a foreshadowing of the showdown at Cracklaw Point. Could the sparrows be the new high septon and the beheaded dwarf Brienne meets? Perhaps the sly fox is the Mad Mouse? Is the shadow of the boar Gendry, Robert's son? Come on, help me out here...

You are not alone in your questioning. I wish I had more to contribute as this description tugs at my brain quite a bit. I just have not worked it out but I remain convinced there is deeper meaning here I am missing.

"When Brienne peered more closely, she saw creatures in the foliage: a sly red fox, two sparrows on a branch, and behind those leaves the shadow of a boar.

AFfC Brienne 2

"shadow of a boar" does bring Robert's death to mind... Which Cersei caused, in a way.. perhaps Cersei's shenanigans will hurt one of LF's plans?

I doubt it is Gendry. While Gendry could be seen as Robert's shadow, the boar would personify Robert's death, not Robert himself.

Wow! I didn't know this at all!

I'm re-reading AFfC, I was wondering if, next, I should re-read first The Sworn Sword or A Storm of Swords because I find interesting the pun with Sword and Word.

I guess, I have a winner!

After the battle of the green fork, Tyrion tells Tywin:

"Might I trouble you to send for your maesters? unless you relish the notion of having a one armed dwarf for a son."

Yes. Because his arm is injured...not really sure what you mean by this

Archived