MCM Comic Con London - anyone going?

I'm a clueless newbie so please be gentle.

I only "discovered" the books about a year ago, loved them (of course) and have now caught up on the TV series as well. I've become an avid lurker on this forum, although not brave enough to contribute yet! All of this has led to one inevitable conclusion - I want to meet other fans! Hence my interest in going along to a Comic Con event. So I have a couple of questions for all the veterans in this forum:

1) Will it be totally weird/dull to go on my own? None of my friends would be remotely interested in joining me unfortunately - clearly I need to make some new friends!

2) Is MCM Comic Con London any good? Dates-wise that works best for me, but would people recommend a different event as preferable for my first experience?

All comments appreciated!

I went in October a couple of years ago, and it was packed. We spent a good few hours in the queue, and once we got in, we could barely move, let alone see anything. And I'm fairly sure I was groped at least three times. Granted, we did get there a bit late, and I've heard it's much better if you get an early bird ticket, but it didn't seem worth it to me.

For point 1, you'll definitely meet people there, so I wouldn't worry too much about going alone. Definitely get an early bird ticket though. I don't know many people here that go to this con, but I imagine it's a good place to start, as it's fairly cheap, and easy enough to get to if you live locally. As an alternative, EasterCon is in London this year I believe. There should be a thread about it somewhere.

I'm a clueless newbie so please be gentle.

I only "discovered" the books about a year ago, loved them (of course) and have now caught up on the TV series as well. I've become an avid lurker on this forum, although not brave enough to contribute yet! All of this has led to one inevitable conclusion - I want to meet other fans! Hence my interest in going along to a Comic Con event. So I have a couple of questions for all the veterans in this forum:

1) Will it be totally weird/dull to go on my own? None of my friends would be remotely interested in joining me unfortunately - clearly I need to make some new friends!

2) Is MCM Comic Con London any good? Dates-wise that works best for me, but would people recommend a different event as preferable for my first experience?

All comments appreciated!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Would you be so kind as to supply a date? I want to travel to London this year and meet up with someone from this board, so the date of the con is of some interest to me.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Would you be so kind as to supply a date? I want to travel to London this year and meet up with someone from this board, so the date of the con is of some interest to me.

There's usually one in May and one in October. Can't find exact dates (may be the mobile site) but here's the link to tickets:

http://www.mcmexpostore.com/collections/london-comic-con

Archived