What Charactor does not need Therapy

Batbob45

Areo, Eddard, Jeor Mormont, Margaery and Loras.

Loras? The hell? My baby could need six different therapies at least. Ned probably needed someone to talk to too, but he "promised" (dumbass). If still alive Marg will also need therapy when all this shit is over.

Davos.

Do you remember Davos' mental state after Blackwater? Hallucinations (talking to the Mother), delusional ideas (Melisandre was responsible for burning his sons, rather than the Lannisters' wildfire, really?). Dude was definitely in need of therapy, may have spared him the time in the dungeon.

I'd say Hot Pie seems to be fine despite everything he's witnessed and gone through, but you never know. We don't have his POV. Same with Genna Lannister - on the outside she seems to be fine in spite of losing two sons, but we're not in her head.

The one person who definitely doesn't need therapy is Roose Bolton. He has no emotional problems - he barely has any emotions, he has no traumas, he's just a psychopath, but you can't cure that.

This is... more difficult than it seems.

Eddard needs no therapy. Baelor Breakspear needs no therapy. Margaery and Olenna Tyrell don't seem to need therapy.

On the flip-side, I'd say the ones who need it most are the Faceless Men.

I made this really long list of everyone who needed therapy and why...then I realized it was a ridiculously long list and that there are only a handful of moderately well adjusted people in this world

Ed

Meera

Missandei (though if she turns out to be a tiny FM she might have some issues in her past and she's just hiding it really well)

Gendry

Everyone else could either use a lot of therapy or, in one or two cases, a little murder :)

Ramsay.

It wouldn't do any good

Roose and Littlefinger too. Psychopaths actually get worse after therapy and better at "gaming the system"

Ramsay and LF would both benefit from therapy: Ramsay for his daddy issues and complex about being a bastard; Littlefinger for his continued unhealthy obsession with Catelyn Tully and, by extension/transfer, her daughter Sansa.

It just wouldn't make either of them any less evil.

Roose and Littlefinger too. Psychopaths actually get worse after therapy and better at "gaming the system"

"Alright Littlefinger, we'll spare your life if you agree to therapy with the royal shrink."

"Okay."

Two weeks later:

"Uh, sire? Remember how we sent Littlefinger to the royal shrink? Well, he kiiiinda turned him to his side and is now here to blackmail us with a bunch of stuff from the guy's notes."

"Well, crap."

:P

Along with being probably the nicest character in ASOIAF, Shireen.

I mean with horrible (both physically & mentally) mother & a brooding (not nasty, just a bit cold) father, oh & not to forget the creepy jester she has, she's actually grown up to be very bright (mainly due to her very good education), heck she helped Davos learn to read & she likes her cousin despite being a bastard.

The thing with Shireen, she doesn't seem like she feels under pressure, despite the fact she's definitely getting a lot put on her, sure the giant sort of freaked her out, but who wouldn't be if you've never seen a giant & you're about 10 to 11ish. To me she just seems like any normal kid, even with her deformity.

Archived