The Epilogue Of A Dream Of Spring... Which Character's POV?

Blazfemur

i'm putting my money on three-digits-aged Brandon stark, telling us of what happened to everyone after the story was over, struck with grief over the death of everyone he has known during his childhood, he gives up life somehow(he's a supernatural tree, I'm sure suiciding at will comes with it), thus continuing the tradition of killing off prologue and epilogue characters.

Samwell Tarly, when he's a wise old Archmaester chronicling all the history. There'll be bits left out, the official record will be a revised version of what really happened. Something like that, that's where the bittersweet part will come in, maybe the official history is that Ned Stark was a traitor, Theon Greyjoy disappeared after sacking Winterfell never to be seen again, Tyrion murdered King Joffrey, etc.

benjen or howland would be good. bran seems to be popular, though, if theres ANY structure we have, it's that all prologues/epilogues are usually non-pov characters. which makes me think bran MAY be the final chapter, but NOT the epilogue

• 2 months later...

I think Bran will be the last chapter, and he'll be having visions of his family and think something such as, "through the eyes of the weirwoods, a thousand eyes and one, Bran watched the song of his kingdom play out, the songs of the past and of the future, and of his family."

The epilogue might be a blast from the past through Bran's powers, and be a POV from Rhaegar or Lyanna. What (in a way) started the Song of Ice and Fire will end it.

EDIT: Plus I think a POV of their love for each other would be poetic and fitting to finish off the story.

not to nitpick, but wasn't Will the ranger the first POV?

Very good question. I imagine Bran as the POV for the last non-prologue/epilogue chapter. Bran has changed his residence from that cave to the Isle of Faces. And, for the epilogue, I imagine Bloodraven has a final conversation with Bran, and we see all things he sees throughout the 7 kingdoms. Then, he realizes that his job on the mortal realm is done, and he finally joins the Old Gods on his 125th nameday.

:idea:I think it will be Jon, I think the whole story is about Jon ..think about it.. A Song of Ice and Fire = Lyanna and Rhaegar getting it on????? Either that theory is widely known and ive just not heard it....or I'm a genius :smoking:

Samwell Tarly, when he's a wise old Archmaester chronicling all the history. There'll be bits left out, the official record will be a revised version of what really happened. Something like that, that's where the bittersweet part will come in, maybe the official history is that Ned Stark was a traitor, Theon Greyjoy disappeared after sacking Winterfell never to be seen again, Tyrion murdered King Joffrey, etc.

What's sweet about that?

No one known yet. There will be one that will be far North where he will find something related to the Others or will find some Others and it will be known that the danger is still out there.

or possibly Bran.

So you're thinking it will be a "oh we defeated them, yay" and then that chapter ends.

Then we have an epilogue where some random guy in the north see's the Others and realizes the threat is far from over? Waiting for the next winter?

Maybe the Others' words are "Spring is coming"? Har!

So you're thinking it will be a "oh we defeated them, yay" and then that chapter ends.

Then we have an epilogue where some random guy in the north see's the Others and realizes the threat is far from over? Waiting for the next winter?

Maybe the Others' words are "Spring is coming"? Har!

Not really.

There will be a String but it will just be a dream of the Summer that never ends until the last PoV when there will be shown that the danger isn't over and that just like what happened before the Others wait in order to strike again.

Archived