the Stark stories

Slinx

Ah, well. We may mention the various tales and legends when topical. We're almost certainly not going to have room to actually provide whole tales, though. For example, I doubt we'll get the full details of Old Nan's tale of the Last Hero. ;)

How about the Stark Lineage back to the Conquest? With some lip service to major events along the way, like Wildling invasions, (e.g. Bael the Bard and Raymund Redbeard), struggles with the Northern lords (Boltons) and any other notable events for the House.

Maybe some reference to the battles with the Andals and the Rhoynar, forget exactly who, but there was a Stark who fought so hard that the 'whoever they were' couldn't get past the Neck.

Also were the Starks the leaders in the fights against the Children or did they take up command along the way?

I don't recall a specific Stark king being referred to in that regard. Moat Cailin was said to be the place where many southron armies met their end, trying to invade the North. There's also a reference to the Hungry Wolf, King Theon, because he was always at war, but he's not associated specifically with the Neck in any way that I can recall.

The earliest Stark we know of is Brandon the Builder. He doesn't seem to have fought the Children. I suspect even the Starks have no real idea as to their history earlier than that legendary figure.

I would like to see more of the story of the Starks getting control/supremacy over all the north. The founding of the Karhold Starks and the battles (wars?) with the other great houses would be interesting too. Off course, that's a lot of information, but maybe a general outline with perhaps a few ancient Starks in close-up?

• 4 months later...

First of all, congratulations to both Ran and Linda.

Second, I would like to add my voice to those who would like to know more about the history -- ancient and/or recent -- of the Starks. I've always felt that their history was somewhat neglected compared to the recent history of the Targaryens.

In particular, it would be nice to learn details about some of the more colorful Stark characters of the past.

Archived