Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

But we learn from Tywin that Glover and Tallhart move toward Duskendale as soon as Tyrion I in Sword, doesn't that mean that Bolton has already switch side here ?

He set them up as scape goats. He had not passed the point of no return just yet.

Okey, I've next question: why Aegon I and all king after him didn't subdue Steptones? I know, that it was a pirates' residence but... still Westeros

May be wrong but I think it is due to the fact that supplies are hard to carry to the island since the waters are infested with pirates and clearing the path permanently would be took much effort for the size of the land that would be gained and constant supervision would be needed on the water to ensure the return of the Pirates does not occur

lys and myr fought over the disputed lands and the island for what we can only assume was to gain more land and therefore more influence and none of the targs were ever really at that point where they needed more land after conquering six out of the seven kingdoms

Okey, I've next question: why Aegon I and all king after him didn't subdue Steptones? I know, that it was a pirates' residence but... still Westeros

Well first of all taking the Stepstones without taking Dorne is sorta getting ahead of yourself. That didn't stop Daemon from trying.

Okey, but why Lys and Myr was fighting for this islands? Was it valuable? If yes, Targaryens oughted to subdue this...

The same reasons in the 21century we have not subdued the pirates off the coast of Somalia. Eliminating the problem is not worth the resources needed to accomplish the mission.

I'm fairly new to the forums here and I'm not sure how this small questions thread works but I have one I'll pose.

When did Bolton go over to Lannister? I just reread the chapter on Arya freeing the northmen at Harrenhall and it seems almost like the Bloody Mummers were already prepared to go over to Bolton. Was Bolton already in cahoots with Lannister at that time?

If this has been discussed before and you know the thread post the link and I'll go read up on it. My searching hasn't found anything yet.,

In the Arya Chapter when Roose announces that he will go wolf hunting...

I the Arya Chapter when Roose announces that he will go wolf hunting...

"I will hunt today," Roose Bolton announced as Qyburn helped him into a quilted jerkin.

"Is it safe, my lord?" Qyburn asked. "Only three days past, Septon Utt's men were attacked by wolves. They came right into his camp, not five yards from the fire, and killed two horses."

"It is wolves I mean to hunt. I can scarcely sleep at night for the howling." Bolton buckled on his belt, adjusting the hang of sword and dagger. "It's said that direwolves once roamed the north in great packs of a hundred or more, and feared neither man nor mammoth, but that was long ago and in another land. It is queer to see the common wolves of the south so bold."

that's in ACoK 64 Arya X (not quite halfway into the chapter)

that's in ACoK 64 Arya X (not quite halfway into the chapter)

Thanks, that's the chapter... Its a shame that you could not post the entire chapter...

Basically, Roose had been up all night writing letters... Then he announces that he will go wolf hunting...

Thanks, that's the chapter... Its a shame that you could not post the entire chapter...

Ahem, I'd be afraid of that maybe meaning un-fair use of the text...

I take it that all the regulars will own a copy, correct? Or is it a certain passage you are looking for?

Hi guys,

The fact that Dany doesn't know anything (and doesn't WANT to know apparently) about her father's madness and the context of his demise kind of bother me. Has GRRM ever spoke about it in interview ? Or even hinted at his intentions regarding this matter ?

Hi guys,

The fact that Dany doesn't know anything (and doesn't WANT to know apparently) about her father's madness and the context of his demise kind of bother me. Has GRRM ever spoke about it in interview ? Or even hinted at his intentions regarding this matter ?

I think it has more to do with the author's telling of the story. He doesn't want to relase everything to the reader just yet.

Hi guys,

She doesen't know because nobody told her. Her only source of knowledge about Westeros was Viserys who was only child at this time. IIRC Rhaella protected her son from King's madnesss.

Even if Viserys knew abouth yhat he could lie to Daenerys.

Do you think it is a plot?

I don't know. But consider how pregnant that passage was in Dance where Barristan to Daenerys about Aerys and Rhaella and Joanna. And Jenny and the woods witch. Telling it bit by bit has us all dialed in.

i seen a post a while back that may have linked with this, it revolves mostly around Dany being disappointed with the seven kingdoms, in a physical way that it may be torn apart by war and she wishes for a beautiful, peaceful place to live. this may link to that because it may also disappoint her to land on the shores and find people not flocking to her side because of her mad father, even if she conquers the land she may never feel it is her home as they may never truly accept her

Archived