Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

www.webmd.com

feel better man.

You made me laugh aloud in a public place...

Ivm good. I'm thinking about Daenerys's walk about. If she had symptoms of the bloody flux she woulda contracted the disease when she visited the Astapori camp.

So, was the scratching Missandei heard Daenerys's true children trying to get out?

i think the scratching noise was the dragons burrowing into the walls of the pyramid where they were kept, some people use this as evidence towards the last dragons having a suspicious death that the maesters may have had a hand in but that's a separate thing

I still think one of the dragons was digging in the walls to make a nest. What else did they have to do in there all day but fuck.

completely agree with you on this however i would like to say it could just as likely be tunnelers trying to breach meereen but everyone hopes it was the dragons (me included)

^ The cities walls are far away from the Pyramid itself. It makes more sense that the scratching was coming from the pyramid because sound is vibration and so if Missendei was above the dragons but near the same side wall the vibrations could have carried.

i agree that is was the dragons however i was only referring to another possible theory, if there were tunnelers they would probably try to get to the pyramid for assassination or over run the city from a more central position. we all agree it was most likely the dragons tho. always good to keep an open mind

The thing that stood out for me, I should put this the Wow thread but y'all read both anyway, was that the scratching passage directly followed the passage where Daenerys visits the Astapori camp. There they were calling her mother (like the final HOTU vision that finally sucked her in before Drogon blasted em) and Daenerys was helpless to help her adopted children. But then Missandei heard the scratching. I think the author was suggesting that while Daenerys was stumblin and bumblin trying to help a bunch of helpless adopted children Daenerys had locked her true children in a dungeon.

^ Many people think so but we really can't know for sure. Before getting sick she eats berries she thinks might be poisonous and drinks muddy water. Could have been a bunch of things. I personally don't like the miscarriage theory because I believe if a pregnant woman stops eating as Danaerys did that a miscarriage will occur much quicker than the timeline in Dance allows.

Can someone get me the quote (or the chapter and book) where Dany says something like "And who could ever love a dragon?" Google isn't pulling it up (please, please don't let it be show creep).

ADwD, Daenerys II:

“She was the blood of the dragon. She could kill the Sons of the Harpy, and the sons of the sons, and the sons of the sons of the sons. But a dragon could not feed a hungry child nor help a dying woman’s pain. And who would ever dare to love a dragon?”

Can someone get me the quote (or the chapter and book) where Dany says something like "And who could ever love a dragon?" Google isn't pulling it up (please, please don't let it be show creep).

ADwD Chapter 11 - Daenerys II

She was the blood of the dragon. She could kill the Sons of the Harpy, and the sons of the sons, and the sons of the sons of the sons. But a dragon could not feed a hungry child nor help a dying woman’s pain. And who would ever dare to love a dragon?

ETA: :ninja: 'd

Archived