Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

Where can I find GRRM's works exept this in ASoIaF and AWoIaF?

You mean to ask - what is his work besides what you already know?

George R.R. Martin Bibliography on wikipedia is one way.

eta: get yourself "Dreamsongs - a R.R.etrospective" to start with. You will find quite a lot of his early work with very comfy introductions to it by the author. Continue with Dreamsongs II if you liked the first ;)

ADwD, Daenerys II:

“She was the blood of the dragon. She could kill the Sons of the Harpy, and the sons of the sons, and the sons of the sons of the sons. But a dragon could not feed a hungry child nor help a dying woman’s pain. And who would ever dare to love a dragon?”

ADwD Chapter 11 - Daenerys II

ETA: :ninja: 'd

Thank you both.

You mean to ask - what is his work besides what you already know?

George R.R. Martin Bibliography on wikipedia is one way.

eta: get yourself "Dreamsongs - a R.R.etrospective" to start with. You will find quite a lot of his early work with very comfy introductions to it by the author. Continue with Dreamsongs II if you liked the first ;)

I mean all posts on blogs, event chapters etc. You often quote him

Do you remember which book it was, where somebody (Jorah, I suppose) said to Dany she can have two husbands because that was Targs' tradition and nothing wrong with that?

"Rhaenys and Visenya were Aegon's wives as well as his sisters. You have no brothers, but you can take husbands. And I tell you truly, Daenerys, there is no man in all the world who will ever be half so true to you as me."

A Storm of Swords, chapter 8 Daenerys I (last paragraph of the chapter)

About the Tyrell coin that Qyburn find in the geoler room in AFFC, do we know what it's really about ? I always thought Qyburn was up to something, but after reading the ADWD epilogue I tend to think it was put there by Varys on purpose to stir shit between Cersei and the Tyrell, but it seems a little too obvious and risky (not that Cersei would realize that anyway)

I have some small questions...

What kind of shoes do highborn ladies wear?(heels,flats,boots?)

Do they wear earrings?(there's mention of necklaces and bracelets but I don't recall earrings ever being mentioned)

Do they have perfumes?

And last and most important,do the people in ASOIAF brush their teeth?I

Sorry for the stupid questions,I sound like a 4 year-old :lol:

They definitely have perfume, and the northerners wear boots so we know they are at least making shoes and not just wearing primitive sandals, but I don't think we have any more info than that. Incidentally both of those pieces of info come from Roose, as he tells us that the original Reek tried to drink his wife's perfume and that human skin does not make good boots. As far as brushing their teeth I really don't think so, they simply ate diets that didn't have sugar.

They definitely have perfume, and the northerners wear boots so we know they are at least making shoes and not just wearing primitive sandals, but I don't think we have any more info than that. Incidentally both of those pieces of info come from Roose, as he tells us that the original Reek tried to drink his wife's perfume and that human skin does not make good boots. As far as brushing their teeth I really don't think so, they simply ate diets that didn't have sugar.

Oh yeah I forgot about Reek drinking perfume!Thanks :D

I know they have boots in the North,but what do the southern ladies wears?

Varys was disguised as that geoler ... so pribably he left the coint to blame Tyrells for Joffrey's murder

Not for Joffrey's murder, but for Tyrion's escape..

Why didn't Tywin marry FArya to Martyn Lannister?

Because that would require Tywin to actively fight in the North. The way it is looking now, it seems the Lannisters are planning to leave the Boltons to deal with the north themselves. Let them fight it out up there, and whoever is left standing at the end, that's where House Lannister has to deal with.

And besides, fArya isn't really a Stark. Thus, not a worthy marriage for a Lannister ;) Should there ever be a problem with House Bolton, House Lannister would be able to reveal the fact that the girl is a fake, and the Boltons are gone.

I have some small questions...

What kind of shoes do highborn ladies wear?(heels,flats,boots?)

Do they wear earrings?(there's mention of necklaces and bracelets but I don't recall earrings ever being mentioned)

Do they have perfumes?

And last and most important,do the people in ASOIAF brush their teeth?I

Sorry for the stupid questions,I sound like a 4 year-old :lol:

Perfumes? Definitly. Earrings? No idea. fArya wears sandals during her wedding to Ramsay, and Sansa most likely mentioned her shoes as well at some point.. But I can't recall at the moment.

Do they brush their teeth? I hope so, but I honestly don't recall any moment where it was mentioned..

ETA: Ramsay wears an earring:

Ramsay was clad in black and pink—black boots, black belt and scabbard, black leather jerkin over a pink velvet doublet slashed with dark red satin. In his right ear gleamed a garnet cut in the shape of a drop of blood.

Tywin could try to estabilish Lannister rule over north but after Joffrey's death and Sansa's escape all his plans became outdated.

It'll require Lannister army's support in the North. After Tyrell-Lannister alliance becoming weaker Lannisters needed all troops in Westerlands , Riverlands and KL. Tywin left all problems to lord Roose.

Archived