Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

Marrying Jeyne to Ramsay was probably part of Roose's deal with Tywin in order to give an air of legitimacy to the Bolton claim to the North.

It was planned after Tyrion and Sansa's escape and death of Joffrey. Tywin wanted Tyrion to father Ned's heir with Sansa and make claim to Winterfell.

I have some small questions...

What kind of shoes do highborn ladies wear?(heels,flats,boots?)

Do they wear earrings?(there's mention of necklaces and bracelets but I don't recall earrings ever being mentioned)

Do they have perfumes?

And last and most important,do the people in ASOIAF brush their teeth?I

Well, at her wedding to Tyrion Sansa wore shoes that were described as slippers... :). She also wore earrings and parfume that day. No mention of a toothbrush though :D .

If the Frey's kept out of Robert's Rebellion until the Trident was decided, how did Ned and his army get to the Riverlands? Robb and Catelyn in A Game of Thrones almost make it sound like the Twins is the only possible route

Ned didn't need to cross the Green Fork to meet Rhaegar at the Ruby Ford. Robb needed to get his horse across the Green Fork to rush to Riverrun. He did not want to face Tywin at the Ruby Ford.

Ned didn't need to cross the Green Fork to meet Rhaegar at the Ruby Ford. Robb needed to get his horse across the Green Fork to rush to Riverrun. He did not want to face Tywin at the Ruby Ford.

Trident is the end of the war though. It seems that Rhaegar's return took place after the Stoney Sept was already fought, and Connington had already been exiled.

Stoney Sept is dangerously close to King's Landing, but so Ned could have followed the Kingsroad until Harrenhal, and then took a right turn around the Isle of Faces until he reached Stoney Sept?

Hmm... I still find it very strange that the only routes across the Green Fork would be the Twins, and the Kingsroad... There must be other passages too... Robb just didn't know about them?

Trident is the end of the war though. It seems that Rhaegar's return took place after the Stoney Sept was already fought, and Connington had already been exiled.

Stoney Sept is dangerously close to King's Landing, but so Ned could have followed the Kingsroad until Harrenhal, and then took a right turn around the Isle of Faces until he reached Stoney Sept?

Hmm... I still find it very strange that the only routes across the Green Fork would be the Twins, and the Kingsroad... There must be other passages too... Robb just didn't know about them?

i believe the Twins is the only place to cross the Green Fork. North of the Twins I believe there are no suitable fords and then you end up in the bogs of the Neck. Perhaps there sre fords south ofcthe neck but I don't beleve there are any bridges. That would leave ferries for regular crossings other than the Twins. You can't move an army across a river with a few ferries though. Robb considered crossing on rsfts or a makeshift bridge but rejected those ideas since doing so would take too long. The alternative was crossing the Red Fork at the Ruby Ford, but that was held by Tywin. Ned had no such obstacle.

Especially since the Twins and the Kingsroad are relatively recent construction. Unless they directed the Kingsroad to an existing bridge.

Archived