Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

And who'd call Stannis Baratheon a kinslayer?

That is all very well, but Stannis did not, in fact, kill his brother. He did neither commit nor plan nor make a contract on the murder of Renly. Melisandre may have told him she had foreseen Stannis' victory and the fact that Renly would die, but not the matter of Renly's death. Otherwise, he'd understand the nightmare of dreaming of killing Renly, but he doesn't:

ACoK 42 Davos II

I think that quote goes to prove Stannis' guilt. He knew exactly what was happening. Even if all that happened was "Melisandre informed him Renly must die...so you have to do this" then I think that is kinslaying. He is playing a (crucial) role in the death of his own brother. I think the talk he had with Davos shows that he feels guilt so he is trying to reassure Davos - as much as reassure himself - that he did not have a role to play in Renlys death.

Can you please describe this theory a little bit? Thanks

Do you know what happened to Old Valyria? It was consumed and swallowed and replaced by a few islands in a smoking sea in a geo-shaping event, a bit like some of the Atlantis myths plus a lot of volcanoes.

We learn early of geothermal power in Winterfell with the hot springs. Later we learn of more of that in the area around Winterfell. It seems true for Hardhome as well.

Apart from that in Hardhome there be ghosts and monsters.

I think that quote goes to prove Stannis' guilt. He knew exactly what was happening. Even if all that happened was "Melisandre informed him Renly must die...so you have to do this" then I think that is kinslaying. He is playing a (crucial) role in the death of his own brother. I think the talk he had with Davos shows that he feels guilt so he is trying to reassure Davos - as much as reassure himself - that he did not have a role to play in Renlys death.

You do, I still read it the other way round.

I don't think Stannis is lying to either himself nor to Davos here.

I think the talk he had with Davos shows that he feels guilt...

It may be his feeling sorrow. And maybe the sparks of early doubt in Mel's part in the game.

I don't think the field testing for the Doom of Valyria is a valid theory anymore after TWOIAF, even tho it is what I use to believe. The FM didn't actually cause the explosion, they just killed those who were holding it back, but there was no 1 we are told of holding back an explosion at Hardhome.

May have been nature's own forces at work, not the doings of people at Hardhome. I meant the field testing as a joke to paraphrase an earlier occurrance of the natural disaster.

eta:

Some say that there is a dragon or wyvern or fireworm in Hardhome caves.

I want giant ice spiders! Old Nan promised!

I'm trying to figure out some of the chronology of Robert's Rebellion. In ADWD-24 Jon Connington thinks, "Seventeen years had come and gone since the Battle of the Bells, yet the sound of bells ringing still tied a knot in his guts." This suggest the battle in Stoney Sept occurred in 283 AC, as ADWD takes place in 300 AC.

The House Baratheon subchapter of TWOIAF states, "In 282 AC, at the ford of the Trident, Robert Baratheon slew Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone ..." The Trident took place after Stoney Sept, however.

The AGOT and ADWD Appendices confirm the Sack of King's Landing occurred in 283 AC, at least (Aerys II reigned from 262-283).

I'm trying to figure out some of the chronology of Robert's Rebellion. In ADWD-24 Jon Connington thinks, "Seventeen years had come and gone since the Battle of the Bells, yet the sound of bells ringing still tied a knot in his guts." This suggest the battle in Stoney Sept occurred in 283 AC, as ADWD takes place in 300 AC.

The House Baratheon subchapter of TWOIAF states, "In 282 AC, at the ford of the Trident, Robert Baratheon slew Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone ..." The Trident took place after Stoney Sept, however.

The AGOT and ADWD Appendices confirm the Sack of King's Landing occurred in 283 AC, at least (Aerys II reigned from 262-283).

Ran confirmed that was a mistake, on the first page of the inconsistencies thread. It was supposed to be 283 AC.

^^I think if that happened then Little Finger and Varys both (simultaneously but separately) would still come up with some plot to create/continue chaos because of their individual motivations for having the kingdoms at war with each other

Does anybody think that the ritual that was done to Varys when he was little had anything to do with the Red god and the blood of kings? as in, he may be related to a Targ king in some way and his package was a blood ritual?

That's a very popular theory.

My small question... How much time passes in The Turncloak?

Archived