Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

Are there "CliffsNotes" for the books or something like that? It would be great for each book to list the chapters in order and just a single sentence stating what the main events of that chapter are. It would make going back to research some question a lot easier.

Enjoy amigo...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters

Are there "CliffsNotes" for the books or something like that? It would be great for each book to list the chapters in order and just a single sentence stating what the main events of that chapter are. It would make going back to research some question a lot easier.

There's the wiki. You can start here and navigate all through.

eta:

Precious.

Is the reason why their are so few living Targs Summerhall? From the WoIaF book it seems like there should be a dozen Targs left.

It seems like you snuck the answer to your question into the question. Most of them died at Summerhall.

Is the reason why their are so few living Targs Summerhall? From the WoIaF book it seems like there should be a dozen Targs left.

The king summoned them all to Summerhal, so they came. Only a few survived.

We don't know what happened to Maegor, and of his possible descendants we know nothing. Duncan and Jeyne died, and any children they would have had would most likely have died there as well. Jaehaerys, his wife, children and grandchild, survived. Daeron had died before Summerhall. Rhaelle might have been present, as well as Steffon. Rhaelle could have died, Steffon clearly didn't.

Why do you think there should be more left?

The king summoned them all to Summerhal, so they came. Only a few survived.

We don't know what happened to Maegor, and of his possible descendants we know nothing. Duncan and Jeyne died, and any children they would have had would most likely have died there as well. Jaehaerys, his wife, children and grandchild, survived. Daeron had died before Summerhall. Rhaelle might have been present, as well as Steffon. Rhaelle could have died, Steffon clearly didn't.

Why do you think there should be more left?

Cause he's really Aeyrs.

What was the stance of the Iron Bank in Robert's Rebellion? Did they still support Aerys and the Targaryen dynasty for the rebellion?

I'd imagine neutral. We're told at one point that Aerys left the treasury "overflowing with gold." So I doubt he had much reason to deal with the Iron Bank.

Oh, I've forgotten about ser Tyland Lannister and Dance.

What about more "recent" events ( Blackfyre rebelions , Ninepenny kings )

I don't think anything was mentioned, but I wouldn't swear to it. I really need to re-read that worldbook.

Isn't there an inconsistency here ? From Game 21, Tyrion III :

"The Watch has no shortage of stableboys," Lord Mormont grumbled. "That seems to be all they send us these days. Stableboys and sneak thieves and rapers. Ser Alliser is an anointed knight, one of the few to take the black since I have been Lord Commander. He fought bravely at King's Landing."

"On the wrong side," Ser Jaremy Rykker commented dryly. "I ought to know, I was there on the battlements beside him. Tywin Lannister gave us a splendid choice. Take the black, or see our heads on spikes before evenfall. No offense intended, Tyrion."

So Ser Alliser took the black in 283 AC, but the World Book says Jeor Mormont was elected Lord Commander in 288 AC, and in Mance's tale of meeting Jon in Winterfell when he was a young boy (so some years after the end of Robert's Rebellion), Lord Qorgyle is said to be Lord Commander then. Shouldn't Jeor have said Ser Alliser was one of the few knights to take the black since himself joined the Night's Watch ?

I'd imagine neutral. We're told at one point that Aerys left the treasury "overflowing with gold." So I doubt he had much reason to deal with the Iron Bank.

They probably didna have time to react? Wasn't the thign over in like a year?

They probably didna have time to react? Wasn't the thign over in like a year?

Yeah probably not. I doubt the rebels needed to borrow money from them either. Now you've got me thinking what might have happened if Aerys realized the threat sooner and requested aid from the free cities.

Archived