GOT conventions/meetings in the midwest?

Chicago has a sizable number of BWB, although I'm not sure how active they are right now. I'll bet a number of them will meet up to watch the season premier in spring.

There was, for awhile, a convention in Ohio that centered on GoT. Not sure if it's still active.

In May, you might want to go to ConQuest in Kansas City. GRRM is editor GoH in 2015, and the KC crew are excellent people. I would not be surprised if there will be some GoT or ASOIAF programming on offer.

The 2016 WorldCon will also be in Kansas City. The last few WC's have had a lot of GoT/ASOIAF programming, for obvious reasons. I am sure the KC WorldCon will also be follow that model.

I'm in Chicago and there have been some BWB meetups and events here over the years but not with any regularity. They mainly occur when GRRM is here or HBO is having a GOT sneak peak showing. Have you been to C2E2 at McCormick Place? GRRM was here for the first one a few years ago. He hasn't been back since but they have consistently had some GOT actors and programming at the con. It's in April. I generally go to that but other than the year GRRM was here, no one else from the board has attended with me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived