So bad that it's good

DeathYon

Swordfish.

True Blood.

Most of the horror movies on Netflix, seriously just pick one. My best and friend and I are huge fans of terrible horror so we watch these all the time.

Is V/H/S Viral really that bad? I actually thought the first two were pretty damn good so that's somewhat disappointing. But hey, awful horror is still enjoyable :P

Is V/H/S Viral really that bad? I actually thought the first two were pretty damn good so that's somewhat disappointing. But hey, awful horror is still enjoyable :P

I enjoyed at least a couple of the segments from each of the first couple VHS', Viral however felt like a bad acid trip or something. It was a hot mess.

I went to a screening of The Room and actually met Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero a couple years back. The highlight of it: Earlier that year Greg Sestero actually wished my happy birthday on Facebook, which I thanked him for. Tommy butts in and says "oh happy birthday!", to which I respond "my birthday was in January." How does Tommy answer this? "Every day your birthday hahaha"

And if that wasn't enough, later in the night he invites me on stage before the movie plays to play short range water bottle toss with Greg Sestero because "its my birthday". Definitely a highlight of my life.

Just so people actually believe me. Though this picture is really blurry anyway.

As far as other really bad movies go, I personally like to go for the real duds in Nicolas Cages filmography, simply because the worse the Cage movie is, the more over the top and "Cagey" his acting gets. Some personal favorites...

• Vampire's Kiss - The original "Cagey" performance
  • Con-Air
  • Face/Off
  • The Wicker Man
  • Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (actually not a bad movie per se, but Cages' performance in it is one of his most absurd ever)
  • Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance
  • Rage/Tokarev (check this out on Netflix, it'll be under Rage but the original/foreign title is Tokarev. In addition to some great Cage moments the movies "twist" is so unbelievably stupid you won't be able to help but laugh)

As far as other really bad movies go, I personally like to go for the real duds in Nicolas Cages filmography, simply because the worse the Cage movie is, the more over the top and "Cagey" his acting gets. Some personal favorites...

YOU DON'T SAY!?!?

Classic trainwreck. That's one of those performances that I still can't tell if it's horrifically bad, or absolute genius. Everytime I see it, I edge closer to the genius option.

You all are really making me curious about The Room now.

If you haven't watched it, you really should. But you can't do it alone. Not the first time anyway, there is only one first time. Invite a couple of your friends over (preferably also first timers), make sure there is plenty of booze and make a night out of it.

I went to a screening of The Room and actually met Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero a couple years back. The highlight of it: Earlier that year Greg Sestero actually wished my happy birthday on Facebook, which I thanked him for. Tommy butts in and says "oh happy birthday!", to which I respond "my birthday was in January." How does Tommy answer this? "Every day your birthday hahaha"

And if that wasn't enough, later in the night he invites me on stage before the movie plays to play short range water bottle toss with Greg Sestero because "its my birthday". Definitely a highlight of my life.

Just so people actually believe me. Though this picture is really blurry anyway.

Okay, you are my new hero! :p I wish they'd come to Europe, because my friends and I would do everything in our power to see them in real life. Although, with the disaster artist having been published, I heard Greg and Tommy had a falling out. So, we'll only get Tommy probably.

I do hope James Franco goes through with the movie he planned about 'The Disaster Artist'. I don't know who he would cast as Wiseau, but it would be hilarious to see anyone try to play him.

• Con-Air
  • Face/Off
  • The Wicker Man
  • Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (actually not a bad movie per se, but Cages' performance in it is one of his most absurd ever)
  • Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance
  • Rage/Tokarev (check this out on Netflix, it'll be under Rage but the original/foreign title is Tokarev. In addition to some great Cage moments the movies "twist" is so unbelievably stupid you won't be able to help but laugh)

Don't watch Left Behind. From what I heard it might be the worst Cage movie ever and it has absolutely no Cage freakouts to make it memorable.

By far my favorite "so bad it's good movie" is Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. It is absolutely fantastic, and features one of the best lines in all of cinema. It is henceforth known only as The Line, but it must be seen to be believed. I would link it, but it's just not the same to watch it in a 30 second clip.

The movie also features some really great special effects attempts. For example, sharks do not roar, but apparently megalodons do. And since the movie didn't have nearly the budget to create an anamatronic or CG shark, they just use footage of a regular great white shark, and then expand the size. Thus we get lots of great shots of the shark swallowing things whole, almost as if it weren't even there. At one point the villain drives a jet-ski into it's open mouth. It roars in triumph.

Truly a pleasurable movie experience, recommended to all.

BTW I checked out Gunda. Oh man ! A movie created solely to give the Room a tough fight it seems ! We really must expand our horizons beyond Hollywood ; International cinema does offer quite the competition ! :rofl:

I'm surprised nobody has done a Gunda vs The Room article on the whole wide Net anywhere

I do hope James Franco goes through with the movie he planned about 'The Disaster Artist'. I don't know who he would cast as Wiseau, but it would be hilarious to see anyone try to play him.

James Franco himself is playing Tommy actually, which seems like an odd choice at first glance. However, having seen Franco in Spring Breakers, where he essentially played Riff Raff, I'm now convinced he may be one of the only people who could pull off such a bizarre character.

:lol: That's just amazing.

Not sure if said yet, but The Wicker Man 2006 version. Hard to beat Nicolas Cage dressed up in a bear suit punching a teenage girl for little reason.

I mentioned The Wicker Man in my write up on Nic Cage. It's actually his birthday by the way...or it was 40 minutes ago.

Unrelated but your username + avatar = :thumbsup:. I'll never forget buying my first bottle of it and reading the write up on the back.

Sharknado and Sharknado 2. Those films are just hilarious. But does something count as being bad if it was meant to be that way?

Lord Too Fat - I own The Story of Ricky. That bit where the guy gets choked with his own intestines. That film is the dog's balls.

Archived