Question concerning the World Book

back_packn

• 2 months later...

Like most of us, I am thrilled at the idea of the book and will be first in line to purchase one the second they become available.

I have no objection to the timing. The market for it is now and I love the idea that Ran and Linda will be compensated for all their great work in accumulating the various facts we know to date. I am also earnestly hoping that GRRM lets free a few dozen minor tidbits about the history of the Seven Kingdoms that he has worked out but had not place to publish - much as he did at LACon when KJT asked him about the reasons the Targs sat on Dragonstone for centuries after the Doom but before the Conquest.

Dear Ran.

Super idea. Surely though the needs of a majority of fans /readers

will be met by having the World book covering info up to and including Feast, rather than new readers who are only at thrones stage. Any thoughts.

I figured it wil cover some info from DWD, too.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if I've ever noted this, but the Who's Who will now provide information straight from ADwD, rather than AGoT as I see I stated way back when (I'm cruising old threads to gather some data for mysterious purposes... ;)

I don't think the plan was to publish it at the same time with ADwD. George needs to finish that first, and do all the things an author does after he finishes a book (proofing, etc.), and then doubtless he goes on tour when it's published ... so I expect next year some time. I mean, I expect he'd get to work on it with us after he sends the ADwD MS in, and then kick it into gear once he's done with proofing, and that should mean theoretically the first draft could be done before the end of the year. But getting the art to go with the draft, lay out, editing, etc., etc. will I think take time. :)

I don't think the plan was to publish it at the same time with ADwD. George needs to finish that first, and do all the things an author does after he finishes a book (proofing, etc.), and then doubtless he goes on tour when it's published ... so I expect next year some time. I mean, I expect he'd get to work on it with us after he sends the ADwD MS in, and then kick it into gear once he's done with proofing, and that should mean theoretically the first draft could be done before the end of the year. But getting the art to go with the draft, lay out, editing, etc., etc. will I think take time. :)

Thanks Ran. Hehe I was being a little too enthusiastic. I understand these things take time and it will be better for it. Plus we are getting Dance this year so it will be good to have another ASOIAF project to look forward to the year after! Good luck with the book!

Archived