Drunk Again. How did this happen?

Lily Valley

Guys, I'm drunk and am in 100% mostly platonic love with Sir David Attenborough. It was his birthday the other day and we didn't even do anything for him.

I work at Build-a-bear and am 13. My name is R'hllors Red Lobster. (Edit:<-- this is not actually true. Don't even try to call the cops)

Hutc or ti

Guys, I'm drunk and am in 100% mostly platonic love with Sir David Attenborough. It was his birthday the other day and we didn't even do anything for him.

I work at Build-a-bear and am 13. My name is R'hllors Red Lobster. (Edit:<-- this is not actually true. Don't even try to call the cops)

Hutc or ti

Glad you attached that disclaimer, I've probably sent dozens of peeps to the slammer by ratting them out for working at Build-a-Bear. I won't rest until that barbaric chop-shop has been obliterated from human memory.

Y'all, please come help me grade these final projects. It is HILARIOUS (thank you oh grape goddess)

Favorite quote so far from my student's report on series and parallel circuits:

Watch as the procedures are explained in full detail with hardly missing ANY integral steps! Relax as all the information is presented in an orderly fashion! Bemoan that this report is hardly long enough to fulfill your every scientific desire!!!

It seriously gets better. There are 5 star wars references and a quisatz hadarach conclusion.

I have to admit that I'm confused about the whiskey time grading system. I did pretty well in uni, and I'm proud of that. I might have to confess, in certain circles, that this was "whiskey time." But where is my upgrade?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I got a regular GPA on whiskey time effort and wondering what I'm entitled to.

Y'all, please come help me grade these final projects. It is HILARIOUS (thank you oh grape goddess)

Favorite quote so far from my student's report on series and parallel circuits:

It seriously gets better. There are 5 star wars references and a quisatz hadarach conclusion.

Did he remember to cite my 1995 paper lab report on enzyme kinetics? Because seriously, that reads like the projects I turned in during uni as well. If the past is anything to go by, chances are better than even that this student will end up a science journalist.

Did he remember to cite my 1995 paper lab report on enzyme kinetics? Because seriously, that reads like the projects I turned in during uni as well. If the past is anything to go by, chances are better than even that this student will end up a science journalist.

X-ray, he'd be a credit to your field and TOTALLY fun to work with. He did NOT cite your paper, I docked 2 points for plagiarism.

Trisk, writing lab reports while drunk is a University tradition. I am certain you got an upgrade from your profs for amusement.

I am supposed to go to work today. There is a glass of wine here. Hm. Dilemma.

Holy Toledo Trisk! It's got good science behind it! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292407/

I'm ordering some tomorrow. I will document my experimentation at ConQuest. I have a system that makes it pretty easy to keep track of how much I've had to drink over a time period and I'll be glad to journal my results. (I just mark my hand with a sharpie every time I order a drink and look at the clock twice.)

I already have plenty of statistics using water, Ibuprofen, Gatorade, Sprite and several other (useless) hangover prevention medications. The only very good one I've ever found is tofu before bed. It completely eliminates the physical fatigue (sensation that gravity is working too hard). Sprite works for nausea and mental fatigue a little bit.

You do realize that if this works, you will be responsible for my early death.

Yeah, it's got several items on PubMed. It seems plausible. The Amazon reviews are off the charts, but I only take those so seriously.

It also sounds like a too-good-to-be-true thing, but that site, as any good cappie site would, does a decent job of convincing the reader that there might be something to this.

It allegedly has several benefits in that it not only might help the liver process alcohol (thus cutting down on the toxins created in the recovery process and leading to less of a hangover) but also might make booze mess with the GABA receptors less which may be an underrated factor in the phenomenon of booze leading to benders (i.e., it's not just that I feel like shit in my cells the day after, it's also that the inhibatory stuff in my brain is firing too hot because I boozed last night making it harder to sleep and get back to normal).

Yeah, it's got several items on PubMed. It seems plausible. The Amazon reviews are off the charts, but I only take those so seriously.

It also sounds like a too-good-to-be-true thing, but that site, as any good cappie site would, does a decent job of convincing the reader that there might be something to this.

It allegedly has several benefits in that it not only might help the liver process alcohol (thus cutting down on the toxins created in the recovery process and leading to less of a hangover) but also might make booze mess with the GABA receptors less which may be an underrated factor in the phenomenon of booze leading to benders (i.e., it's not just that I feel like shit in my cells the day after, it's also that the inhibatory stuff in my brain is firing too hot because I boozed last night making it harder to sleep and get back to normal).

Ah, if it interferes with my incredible ability to sleep off a hangover then it's a no-sell. I love drinking whisky because first I get drunk (love) and the next day I get to sleep all day (love). The gift gives twice.

I'm thinking it would be handy for the days when I have to get up and do stuff....like marathon through a convention.

I conducted a series of experiments as a young undergrad on the extreme hangover effects of cheap champagne. There's really something to that. I found the tofu remedy that way. I also read a paper that I can't find that there's a compound very similar to alcohol dehydrogenase in peas, so those were on the menu for a while on drinking nights. Honestly, I found the tofu much more effective.

Nothing combats the shame-over except more alcohol (the feeling that God is Personally Embarrassed by your existence) Tofu does a bang-up job combating physical fatigue.

Wait. You sleep well after drinking? If that's the case, I'm not sure your anecdotes on this product would be reliable. You are clearly of another genus.

I sleep like a baby. No nightmares. It's one of the reasons I drink. The other is that with a hangover, the sleep wardens come for me. I imagine them as two huge gorillas stuffed in tiny cop uniforms coming to drag me away from the nice book I'm reading in bed. If I have a really bad hangover, I can sleep the clock around.

I sleep like a baby. No nightmares. It's one of the reasons I drink. The other is that with a hangover, the sleep wardens come for me. I imagine them as two huge gorillas stuffed in tiny cop uniforms coming to drag me away from the nice book I'm reading in bed. If I have a really bad hangover, I can sleep the clock around.

This is absolutely incomprehensible to me. To most people, a really bad hangover is a horror and a great sleep is a blessing. For your kind, it's somehow both?

I'm terribly sorry to say this, but I think you must be studied for the sake of science. The normally requisite consent form will be skipped in this case.

Archived