Drunk Again. How did this happen?

Lily Valley

Just find a HORRIBLE animated movie. (I suggest Epic). I was mesmerized at 3 am after 2 beers, a bottle of whiskey, and a double shot of 132 proof whiskey on top (was my birthday. Not my normal consumption at all). It was so terrible, and everything looked so fake, but for some reason it was REALLY entertaining. :cheers:

Unintentional, I'll admit. I'm usually so good about that, but I was quite... surly. I noticed it after it posted, but y'know, "write drunk, edit sober"...

You're NOT ALLOWED to edit drunk posts. Think of the number of times I have had to let mine stand before this magic thread was created.

So, it turns out if I sweat out a gallon of cheap wine overnight I will wake up and smell TERRIBLE. JUST TERRIBLE. Yesterday afternoon was the box of wine parade (yes our throw is boxed wine, bring your own cup or we'll pour it right into your mouth). I consumed about half and shared about half. There was some additional drinking afterwards and then some cheese fries and a long hot shower. Even with all that preventative work, I still smell like I just rolled out of the gutter on Saint Charles avenue.

YUCK.

Beer for breakfast and two days to go. Phew, this Mardi Gras stuff is JUST EXHAUSTING.

You're NOT ALLOWED to edit drunk posts. Think of the number of times I have had to let mine stand before this magic thread was created.

So, it turns out if I sweat out a gallon of cheap wine overnight I will wake up and smell TERRIBLE. JUST TERRIBLE. Yesterday afternoon was the box of wine parade (yes our throw is boxed wine, bring your own cup or we'll pour it right into your mouth). I consumed about half and shared about half. There was some additional drinking afterwards and then some cheese fries and a long hot shower. Even with all that preventative work, I still smell like I just rolled out of the gutter on Saint Charles avenue.

YUCK.

Beer for breakfast and two days to go. Phew, this Mardi Gras stuff is JUST EXHAUSTING.

Last time I was drunk on wine I woke up soaked and stinking too. Sadly, it was vomit rather than sweat in my case.

Wine does not agree with me...

Drink carefully out there, folks. A fellow in a wheelchair was dropped off at his house here in town, the cab driver (major effing idiot) drove off and the poor bastard never made it in his house. Froze to death. Cabbie probably saw him roll up to the entry and figured he could go.

Oh. That was my brilliant hangover prevention tactic. Hangovers are 10x worse for me if I wake up hungry and stinking.

I am happy to report that after another extremely long shower and 2 cups of wine I am back in fighting form.

Epic. I was foolish enough to watch when sober. Not drunk enough to watch when drunk.

For curiosity's sake, what type of whiskey you drinking?

Wild Turkey that weekend. The 132 was from a bottle of whiskey I bought my best friend when he graduated at the recommendation of a friend who works at Specs (if you're not from Texas, the Specs in College Station is a liquor store the same size as the Kohl's next door) that for the life of me I can't remember.

Drink carefully out there, folks. A fellow in a wheelchair was dropped off at his house here in town, the cab driver (major effing idiot) drove off and the poor bastard never made it in his house. Froze to death. Cabbie probably saw him roll up to the entry and figured he could go.

And that's where I only drink where I'm already staying that night, or in the presence of a friend I can trust to get me all the way home (My 22nd birthday, my 6'5" 150 pound friend had to half carry my 6'3" 330 pound ass up 3 flights of stairs. But he did it)

Archived