Tytos Blackwood

Slinx

Might be just me, but I like this guy.

Since we don't see much worship for the old gods among the south, it seems this guy and his family would probably have an interesting story being one of the few below the Neck to do so.

Add to that the guy's family has a real hate for the Brackens and we've seen some evidence as to why, but not all.

He'll no doubt have an entry in the Who's Who, and the Brackens and Blackwoods will certainly be mentioned in the Riverlands section. Doubt we'll get much new as to why they're feuding -- we know it originates in the Age of Heroes, when they were rivals for rule.

Might be just me, but I like this guy.

Since we don't see much worship for the old gods among the south, it seems this guy and his family would probably have an interesting story being one of the few below the Neck to do so.

Add to that the guy's family has a real hate for the Brackens and we've seen some evidence as to why, but not all.

I'm all for Info on him too, but realistically he's a small character so getting alot about him would seem weird in a World Book where we need so many details about the important 8 houses.

And we do have quite alot of details in their extensive feud:

1. It began with one as Kings of the Riverlands in the age of heros and the other house usurpered them.

2. The feud was added to when the Bracken's became proud followers of the seven while the Blackwoods stayed devote to the Old Gods.

3. Since it's mentioned that they never fight on the same side of a battle one likely followed the Tullys to join Aegon in the Conquest while the other stayed loyal to Harren.

4. A simalar situation probably happened in the Dance of Dragons.

5. Then King Aegon IV displaced his 8th (?) mistress of house Bracken for his 9th of house Blackwood.

6. The Bracken's supported the Black dragon while the Blackwood were Loyalist at the Redgrass Field.

7. Bittersteel (of house Bracken) cut out Bloodraven (of house Blackwood)'s eye.

8. Ser Otto Bracken killed Lord Blackwood in a tourney

9. Lord Bloodraven as hand prvided political favours for house Blackwood in their feud agaist the Brackens

10. Lord Bracken and his son died making Ser Otto Lord Of Bracken and the Blackwoods openly engaged them in war.

11. And again in the major war of usurper one likely sided with the King while the other stood with his overlord Hoster.

12. House Bracken was the first of the Riverlord to bend after the RW, while Blackwood is the last not to bend.

13. Jonos is in charge of the seige of Raventree and the two have been fighting feircly since.

I'm all for Info on him too, but realistically he's a small character so getting alot about him would seem weird in a World Book where we need so many details about the important 8 houses.

Yeah, I know he's minor, but he and Jason Mallister are said to be powerful houses in their own right.

And we do have quite alot of details in their extensive feud:

1. It began with one as Kings of the Riverlands in the age of heros and the other house usurpered them.

2. The feud was added to when the Bracken's became proud followers of the seven while the Blackwoods stayed devote to the Old Gods.

3. Since it's mentioned that they never fight on the same side of a battle one likely followed the Tullys to join Aegon in the Conquest while the other stayed loyal to Harren.

4. A simalar situation probably happened in the Dance of Dragons.

5. Then King Aegon IV displaced his 8th (?) mistress of house Bracken for his 9th of house Blackwood.

6. The Bracken's supported the Black dragon while the Blackwood were Loyalist at the Redgrass Field.

7. Bittersteel (of house Bracken) cut out Bloodraven (of house Blackwood)'s eye.

9. Lord Bloodraven as hand prvided political favours for house Blackwood in their feud agaist the Brackens

10. Lord Bracken and his son died making Ser Otto Lord Of Bracken and the Blackwoods openly engaged them in war.

11. And again in the major war of usurper one likely sided with the King while the other stood with his overlord Hoster.

Where is this all said?

Many of these details can be found in the So Spake Martin collection, which correspondence from GRRM, signing and convention reports, etc.

Try the search engine, put in Bracken Blackwood, search in Titles and Entries, and limit the search to the SSM collection. You should get at least two or three posts that explain the matter.

Archived