Sansa will marry Jon Snow

Taenqyrhae

That could imply she ends up married to or betrothed to Aegon, whether or not he's actually Aegon. Joffrey wasn't really a Baratheon but I'd say he still "counts" for the purpose that foreshadowing set.

A bit of Sharra Arryn parallel could work here... Like some sort of an attempt, which would never come to fruition.

I entertained this idea for a brief moment of time some year and half ago. Abandoned it rather quickly, to be honest.

How do you think Lady Stoneheart would handle this?

If he's truly Jon Targaryan and not Jon Snow, I think she'd be tickled pink that her daughter was going to marry him, and she'd suddenly understand a lot more about her husband.

no she wont. They may be cousins, but they were raised as siblings. Sansa is not a Targaryen and Jon is more of a Stark. I would rather Jon die or Sansa marrying Baelish than them two marrying.

If he's truly Jon Targaryan and not Jon Snow, I think she'd be tickled pink that her daughter was going to marry him, and she'd suddenly understand a lot more about her husband.

Lady Stoneheart would approve. He is better than Robert Arryn.

No, she won't.

Catelyn didn't like Jon before she was Stoneheart, and she ain't gonna like him now, Targ or not.

Catelyn didn't like Jon before she was Stoneheart, and she ain't gonna like him now, Targ or not.

Eh, it has nothing to do with her, and everything to do with the fact that they are essentially brother and sister and they would never do such a thing.

This is, of course, the only problem in this flawless plan.

Still, somewhere in my head I keep thinking that there is one other person who would have something to say about this and whose wishes also matter. Wait, could it be... Sansa?

So, yep, perfect plan, except that it makes no sense at all, and that both Jon and Sansa would be creeped out by the idea.

But, obviously it must happen, since some girl at some tournament 90 years before had ceremonial champions from several of the Great Houses and one minor one. Yep, super strong evidence. Totally makes sense (though not according to any Earth logic).

Because fuck logic, fuck good taste, and fuck the wall (and other obstacles), Jon has a family tradition to fulfill. The noble sister fucking tradition (or the closest thing to it)

I agree that Sansa has never viewed Jon as a brother the way that Robb, Arya, Bran, and Rickon did and do. There's a reason IMO that they were the only Stark siblings to not have a close relationship and I think it's to make a marriage between the two not feel so squicky. I don't see what the big deal is anyway since I agree that they're more than likely cousins. I just don't see that the sibling bond with Jon and Sansa is strong emotionally at all.

Even regarding the fact that it's not true that Sansa and Jon don't see themselves as siblings, this concept is the exact reason I can't see this happening. Come on, this is GRRM we're talking about, who's included a family with generations of full blooded siblings marrying each other in this series, not to mention parent/child incest. He's not going to deliberately write them as practically strangers just so the readers will be more comfortable with an eventual hook up, like some sort of incest version of 'no homo'. Honestly, I think even GRRM would probably weirded out at the degree people try to disassociate the two of them as siblings just so they'll bang. (otoh, this is probably one of the few ways Jon/Arya feels more likely - siblings with strong bonds that turn sexual seems more GRRM's style, a la Jaehaerys/Shaera and Jaime/Cersei, but I can't see it happening either.)

I'm also tired of these 'theories' that treat Sansa as a sexual object instead of having a mind of her own. I don't want to look back at her storyline and see it basically a succession of who's going to sexual assault/kiss/marry Sansa against her will in this chapter?, not to mention being treated as a prize for someone's favorite self-insert (or vise versa). And after all, the Ashford tourney wasn't even completed, if you're trying to invoke it. She certainly didn't marry any of the champions, or even have a winner unless Dunk indirectly counts through his trial.

And Jon having a taste for redheads is just foreshadowing Jon/Jon, it is known ;)

Oh my lord.

No.

We have been through this, I don't care HOW you justify it, Sansa refers to him as her 'half-brother' or her 'bastard brother' , see the second word in both of those?

He is her brother for goodness sake and it would be ALL KINDS of messed up.

So just....stop. Please.

If you subscribe to the theory that the order of the champions for Lord Ashford's daughter in "The Hedge Knight" corresponds to the men that Sansa was betrothed to, after Harry Hardyng she is going to be betrothed to a Targaryan. Many think this will be Aegon, but there is the strong chance he is not really a Targaryan, and even if he is he may not live long enough to meet her, or end up marrying Daenerys. There are a few clues that Sansa may marry Jon.

First, of the Stark children, she is the only one who never referred to Jon as her brother - only as a half-brother, and she seemed to keep him at arms length when they lived together - she doesn't see him as immediate family, and if R+L=J is true, he is her cousin. Cousin marriage was perfectly acceptable in medieval times (and in many cultures to this day).

Sansa wants to return to Winterfell very badly. If Jon is somehow released of his vows to the Night's Watch, he is a prime candidate to be Lord of Winterfell. If legitimized in Robb's will, he could end up being King of the North with Eddard Stark's daughter as a bride. This would really cement the North together.

This would further merge the Targaryan dynasty into the Stark, creating an extremely strong family alliance. Is it enough for the Starks to come out of this with their bloodline further diluted with other Houses, with the only Stark blood coming from Jon's mother and Jon the heir to the Targaryan dynasty and bearing their name?

Your theory is interesting but Rickon seems to me to be a TOTAL wrench in it.

That's one heck of an ultra pointless loose end if Rickon doesn't become Lord Stark. It also seems VERY likely GRRM is setting rickon up for it.

Edit: When Starks have gotten hozed it's been very predictable. If Ned hadn't lost and died to Lanisters there wouldn't need to be 5+ books would there? Same with Rob. Could have gotten it done with 3 if Robb hadn't die. Really only a fool would be surprised by those twists.

A Rickon death is pretty unlikely. For all it's fans talk of how GRRM likes to subvert tropes, he really doesn't. Ice and Fire is a collection of cliches: the vain queen, the chosen one, beauty/beast, everything and every scene about tyrion, slave army rebellion, Excalibur, the cliche ripping of stannis's character from the BBC tv show of the cliche book "I claudius" etc. And, there have been pretty much no strange plot twists.

I totally buy into this, it makes me wonder even if Ned was playing the game after all and if he had even thought of arranging that marriage himself,? I mean he never really told Robert yes, to the whole Sansa Joff thing, almost as if he had other convoluted plans

I totally buy into this, it makes me wonder even if Ned was playing the game after all and if he had even thought of arranging that marriage himself,? I mean he never really told Robert yes, to the whole Sansa Joff thing, almost as if he had other convoluted plans

Archived