Sansa will marry Jon Snow

Taenqyrhae

If Dany doesn't turn up soon, Jon Connington will start looking for another bride for Aegon. I don't think Arianne will be that bride. There's multiple ways she could be spurned...and the boy Aegon is now, would seem a poor suitor for Arianne. I doubt she'd even want to go along with it, unless Doran asked it of her.

So...If not Arianne, then who? Sansa is the perfect match for Aegon. Once Sansa is freed of Littlefinger, she'd bring the Riverlands, the Vale, and the North into the fold. Jon Connington could not hope for a better match, and Aegon, boy that he is, would be charmed by her looks. Actually, Sansa can charms anyone with her looks and manners... By the time Jon Snow recovers, he might find it an excellent idea, too. Especially if he learns of R+L.

As for Jon, politically, it might make sense for him to seek an alliance with the Tyrells. It's a stretch, because lots of things need to happen before the Tyrells are freed from KL, but then again, lots of things need to happen for Jon to even look at marriage prospects.... Sansa and Margaery's friendship in Kingslanding would go a long way to help, as would Sansa's knowledge of the Tyrells role in Joffrey's poisoning. Her and Jon's experiences, would shape them both into shrewd players of the game.

By the time the Tyrells turn their back on KL, Margaery will have poor marriage prospects. The Tyrells will be shunned from all sides for their cloak turning ways, and Margaery's dead husbands... the Tyrells have effectively lead their house into an impasse...someone political savvy would take advantage of this situation, and see potential in such an alliance.... The Starks, number one victims of Lannister machinations, would find in the spurned Tyrells a 'kindred spirit', imo. And if Jon is branded a turn cloak or oath breaker himself, he'd be in no position to argue.... House Tyrell, is also still wealthier than most other Houses in the 7k. They might have stretched their resources thin because of the war, but so did everyone else, besides the Vale lords and the Dornish.

Mace might dislike the idea of his precious daughter marrying a bastard, but if said bastard was to become the military leader behind the Northern revival, he might find the idea has some merit after all... in any case, there seems to be some sort of foreshadowing involving the Tyrells and Starks/Jon in the text, like Loras's three roses sigil, for ex.

So... Sansa + Aegon; Jon + Margaery.

But, in spite of spouses I'd see Jon and Sansa's ultimate loyalty to be to each other and Arya. So, as AppleMartini suggested, Sansa/Jon/Arya, as Aegon and his sister v. 2, without the incest...where Sansa is the politically master mind, charming all and everyone with courtesies and false innocence; Arya a spy master and assassin, and Jon, the military leader.

Give this person an award. I love the sound of that though the latter part is unlikely to happen.

Everytime someone suggest the possibility of Jon and Sansa marrying each other the arguments against it are usually that they are brother and sister and have no romantic feelings for each other, but do you really think that IF there were a reason for these two marrying for political reasons anyone wanting this marriage to happen would care for Jon and Sansa's icky feelings. I don't even believe they would feel disgusted about the idea of marrying each other. It would probably feel weird at first, but eventually they would grow to love each other.

Politically, Sansa and Jon is a waste of a good marriage. And can you really believe neither with have a problem with it? They both view each other as half-siblings and to suddenly change that perspective in a form of marriage is questionable.

Yes Jon likes redheads. So? He also likes blondes. Does that mean he is going to marry Myrcella or Joy Hill or even Cersei?

Long-faced? Dark hair and eyes? It's happened before with Martell/Targ unions.

Jon's eyes are grey and hair is dark brown. Martells are black eyed and black haired. Martell/Targ unions had black hair and black eyes. There is also the difference in skin color between Martells and Starks.

Jon's eyes are grey and hair is dark brown. Martells are black eyed and black haired. Martell/Targ unions had black hair and black eyes. There is also the difference in skin color between Martells and Starks.

Jon has "dark grey almost black" eyes to be precise.

Your statement that "Martell/Targ unions had black hair and black eyes" is simply untrue. They are most often described as "dark haired" with no description of eye color.

Example: Sons of Daeron II and Myriah:

Baelor - dark-haired, no eye color noted

Aerys I - long thin face, no hair or eye color noted

Rhaegel - no description

Maekar - violet eyes and blonde white hair

So at least one Martell/Targ child looked like a Targ. Another just has "dark hair" and another has a "long face."

Increased pigmentation of skin color in olive-skinned people (in all people actually) is often a matter of climate and sun exposure. GRRM even makes a big deal out of fAegon's tan.

Yes Jon likes redheads. So? He also likes blondes. Does that mean he is going to marry Myrcella or Joy Hill or even Cersei?

Jon has really met and meaningfully interacted with so few women since he reached the age of 14, that claiming he has some specific hair color preference is pretty funny.

I would not be particularily upset if this theory came through. Stranger things have happened in this series, and I think they could fit well together if they manage to get the awkwardness.

That said, I find it extremely unlikely to ever happen. The evidence for it is very weak, compared to the evidence against.

Jon has "dark grey almost black" eyes to be precise.

Your statement that "Martell/Targ unions had black hair and black eyes" is simply untrue. They are most often described as "dark haired" with no description of eye color.

Oberyn had black eyes and black hair. Quentyn had brown eyes and brown hair, just like Doran if I understand correctly. Arienne has black hair. I don't recall if her eyes were described as black or brown, though I'm sure it was said somewhere.

So the Martell look seem to be Dark hair, either black or brown, and dark eyes, either black or brown. And olive skin.

So even though Jon's eyes are dark, they are still grey, not brown. That's a mayor difference, dark or no.

Jon has really met and meaningfully interacted with so few women since he reached the age of 14, that claiming he has some specific hair color preference is pretty funny.

Agreed. He's been with one woman in his life, who coincidentally had red hair. And after that he is attracted to Val who is blonde. There's really nothing to suggest that red hair is Jon's type.

I would not be particularily upset if this theory came through. Stranger things have happened in this series, and I think they could fit well together if they manage to get the awkwardness.

That said, I find it extremely unlikely to ever happen. The evidence for it is very weak, compared to the evidence against.

Oberyn had black eyes and black hair. Quentyn had brown eyes and brown hair, just like Doran if I understand correctly. Arienne has black hair. I don't recall if her eyes were described as black or brown, though I'm sure it was said somewhere.

So the Martell look seem to be Dark hair, either black or brown, and dark eyes, either black or brown. And olive skin.

So even though Jon's eyes are dark, they are still grey, not brown. That's a mayor difference, dark or no.

Oberyn, Qyentyn, Doran, Arianne... none of them children of a Martell/Targ union.

Either black or brown, dark-haired is agreed as a possible trait, yet I've already pointed out that at least one Martell/Targ child looked like a typical Targ, so precisely zero is known about "typical Martell/Targ offspring" absolute hair color.

Olive skin I've addressed above, yet we have no canon source describing the skin color of ALL Martell/Targ children.

"Grey eyes so dark they were almost black" is not an issue. "Almost black" is the description GRRM chose, not me, and we have very few canon descriptions of the eye color of Martell/Targ offspring.

Another example: Elia's daughter (Aegon's sister) Rhaenys had brown hair. Canon.

I don't think Sansa will marry anyone, only be courted by various people. (Some suggest that Tysha will appear, legally undoing Sansa+Tyrion.) I do think however that in her current position under Littlefinger, or even more so when he's dead and she's surrounded by strangers, Sansa would choose to marry Jon, for protection. He's the only family left to her, and among the only people she trusts. She would bring the Northern Lords to his cause (even if Jon isn't a bastard, they might not follow a Targaryen), and she would be good at handling diplomatic things and providing moral support, which would help since Jon seems to make as many enemies as he does friends.

This doesn't necessarily mean their marriage would be consummated. Just think of Sansa's "and what if I never want to" to Tyrion, and I doubt Jon would rape his sister. I could see them as a political alliance. Those Starks have got to stick together, and it doesn't look like Bran or Arya will be meeting up with them anytime soon.

Oberyn, Qyentyn, Doran, Arianne... none of them children of a Martell/Targ union.

Either black or brown, dark-haired is agreed as a possible trait, yet I've already pointed out that at least one Martell/Targ child looked like a typical Targ, so precisely zero is known about "typical Martell/Targ offspring" absolute hair color.

Olive skin I've addressed above, yet we have no canon source describing the skin color of ALL Martell/Targ children.

"Grey eyes so dark they were almost black" is not an issue. "Almost black" is the description GRRM chose, not me, and we have very few canon descriptions of the eye color of Martell/Targ offspring.

Another example: Elia's daughter (Aegon's sister) Rhaenys had brown hair. Canon.

I never said they were the children of Targ/Martell unions, nor did I claim the Martell look was predominant amongs Martell/Targs. I merely pointed out that the Martells have brown/black eyes, so any child born from a martell and Targaryen will probably have either purple/blue eyes or brown/black eyes. If I recall correctl Baelors elder son had purple eyes and dark hair.

Yes, Rhaenys looked more like a Martell, that is common knowledge.

But grey is not brown. Dark grey eyes are not easily mistaken for dark brown ones. Had Jons eyes actually been black, there could've been a case made for it, but as they are everyone who seems him notes that he has grey eyes (cold grey, at that), not black ones. The Martells meanwhile is indicated by GRRM himself to have a certain look, and since all Martells seen so far has dark hair (Brown or Black), dark eyes (Brown or Black), and olive skin (they are described as being Salty Rhoynar, who are darker than the Stony fair-skinned Rhoynar). SO it's rather safe to assume grey eyes are a very unlikely outcome from any Martell union, unless one parent had grey eyes. Not the case with Rhaegar, mind you.

I totally buy into this, it makes me wonder even if Ned was playing the game after all and if he had even thought of arranging that marriage himself,? I mean he never really told Robert yes, to the whole Sansa Joff thing, almost as if he had other convoluted plans

https://gamerstrueparadise.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/dogbert.jpg

Archived