Sansa will marry Jon Snow

Taenqyrhae

Besides this tourney where else is it written that Sansa will marry a Targ? That Jon/Sansa or Jon/ Arya or even both will happen? I never saw any hints to it by may have missed it. Any hints that Sansa or Arya will marry fAegon? With Martins foreshadowing that he does its normally repeated a few times or even hinted?

So:

Joffrey

Willas

Tyrion

Harry the Heir

a Targaryen

That could imply she ends up married to or betrothed to Aegon, whether or not he's actually Aegon. Joffrey wasn't really a Baratheon but I'd say he still "counts" for the purpose that foreshadowing set.

I actually think the D&E thing is an easter egg (including stuff like the Lannister fighting the Tyrell; the Lannisters and Tyrells fought over Sansa's marriage). I just don't think the Targaryen points to Jon.

Funny this is mentioned, I just came across this: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/01/16/rlj-theory-may-teased-game-thrones-show-runners/

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/15/these-game-of-thrones-easter-eggs-we-all-missed-are-unbelievable-2589879?lt_source=external,manual,manual

I merely pointed out that the Martells have brown/black eyes, so any child born from a martell and Targaryen will probably have either purple/blue eyes or brown/black eyes....

No, not all Martell children have brown/black eyes, not all Targ children have purple/blue eyes, and we only have a few canon descriptions of Martell/Targ children. Rhaenys had brown hair, Baelor had dark hair, Maekar was violet/blonde. Precious few other descriptions to fulfill your presumption of what a Martell/Targ child should look like.

None of your arguments are based on anything canon.

And there are so many examples of character's eye colors appearing differently at different times, so we have a choice - it's either moot or it means something, or either, depending. Since GRRM has explicitly not provided us with certain information, we need to ask why.

And since GRRM has provided us with certain information about only some Martell/Stark children, we need to ask why.

Further, there are so many examples of characters being similar in appearance to other characters. Some Daynes "look" like Targs. Some Lyserians "look" like Targs. Lynesse Hightower "looks" like Daenerys. The Daynes, random Lyserians and Lynesse Hightower are not Targs (as far as we know).

Jon "looks" like a Stark.

Conversely, we have many Targs who look nothing like Targs and they are too many to list.

Odd for this to even be an argument, when the fan acceptance that Jon is a Targ has nothing to do with his looks. In fact, I believe Jon is a Targ. But in his own words, he "is not a Stark."

/end

No problem with Sansa being with Jon at all. As much as Sansa wanted to leave Winterfell for the excitement of King's Landing, she is now the one who wants to go home the most. She belongs in Winterfell. To get there, she is going to need some muscle. Jon has that. Once the discovery is made that Jon is not related to her (I am not 100% sure he is a cousin. Seems way to obvious for Martin's style.), she will marry him and claim Winterfell again.

I've just imagined a talk between Samwell (the new Maester of Winterfell), Jon, Sansa, Arya and Rickon.

Sam: My king, now it's proven you're the trueborn heir of Prince Rhaegar, you should totally adopt the Targ habit of marriage and here we have two sisters to do so (which in fact are your cousins, but hey, close enough)

Jon: :shocked:

Sansa: :shocked:

Arya: :shocked:

Rickon: I'm hungry and I ran out of walnuts ages ago...

Sansa: Jeez, I totally forgot those lemoncakes I left in the oven in seven hells! *rushes off*

Arya: ... Needlework! Septa Lemore is going to be angry with me if I don't finish it properly! *rushes off'

Jon: ... Oath! I'm still bound to the oath, although the wall doesn't exist anymore... but hey, you just gave me a good reason to rebuild it! *rushes off*

Sam: uhm - hello? ... *turns to Rickon*

Rickon: Before you come up with another clever suggestion, remember where I spent the last couple of years. And I'm still hungry.

...and you look delicious!

No, not all Martell children have brown/black eyes, not all Targ children have purple/blue eyes, and we only have a few canon descriptions of Martell/Targ children. Rhaenys had brown hair, Baelor had dark hair, Maekar was violet/blonde. Precious few other descriptions to fulfill your presumption of what a Martell/Targ child should look like.

None of your arguments are based on anything canon.

And there are so many examples of character's eye colors appearing differently at different times, so we have a choice - it's either moot or it means something, or either, depending. Since GRRM has explicitly not provided us with certain information, we need to ask why.

And since GRRM has provided us with certain information about only some Martell/Stark children, we need to ask why.

Further, there are so many examples of characters being similar in appearance to other characters. Some Daynes "look" like Targs. Some Lyserians "look" like Targs. Lynesse Hightower "looks" like Daenerys. The Daynes, random Lyserians and Lynesse Hightower are not Targs (as far as we know).

Jon "looks" like a Stark.

Conversely, we have many Targs who look nothing like Targs and they are too many to list.

Odd for this to even be an argument, when the fan acceptance that Jon is a Targ has nothing to do with his looks. In fact, I believe Jon is a Targ. But in his own words, he "is not a Stark."

/end

But they all do fit my assumption of what a Targaryen/Martell offspring ought to look like. Aerys and Maekar and Aegon had the Targaryen look with purple eyes and blonde hair, Baelor and Rhaenys had dark hair (e.g. brown or black). Not a one is said to have red hair and/or grey or green eyes, nor are those colours suggested to be common or even present in the Martell lineage. There is a small chance of course, if the have some latent traits somewhere far back in their ancestry, but the chance is very very small.

Give me one example of a Targaryen of full Valyrian descent (Targaryen/Targaryen or Targaryen/Valeryon parents) to not have purple or blue eyes and the bright blonde hair. The only Targs confirmed not to have those looks are listed here. They are all of mixed Valyrian and others descent.

Tyene Sand is the one member of House Martell confirmed to not have the dark hair and dark eyes, with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She specifically takes after her septa mother. If you can find someone else please tell me. Her half-sister Obara has brown hair, her other half-sister Nymeria has black hair, her thrid half-sister Sarella has black hair and black eyes.

Can you find anything to disprove my assessment?

Further, there are so many examples of characters being similar in appearance to other characters. Some Daynes "look" like Targs. Some Lyserians "look" like Targs.

The Daynes and Lysenes look Valyrian, not Targ.

Lynesse Hightower "looks" like Daenerys. The Daynes, random Lyserians and Lynesse Hightower are not Targs (as far as we know).

We haven't meet Lynesse. "Looks like Daenerys" could mean that she was blonde and fragile, not that she actually had the Valyrian look. Jorah isn't the most objective guy either.

As far as incest is concerned, cousins married cousins all the time in the past. Being raised together was also not a barrier. Richard III grew up with Anne Neville. Mary Queen of Scots was raised in the French court with the dauphin she later married.

Big difference. The examples you pointed out were true, but there was nothing hidden about their relationships...they knew they were cousins. Jon and his siblings were brought up to see each other as half siblings.

But they all do fit my assumption of what a Targaryen/Martell offspring ought to look like. Aerys and Maekar and Aegon had the Targaryen look with purple eyes and blonde hair, Baelor and Rhaenys had dark hair (e.g. brown or black). Not a one is said to have red hair and/or grey or green eyes, nor are those colours suggested to be common or even present in the Martell lineage. There is a small chance of course, if the have some latent traits somewhere far back in their ancestry, but the chance is very very small.

Give me one example of a Targaryen of full Valyrian descent (Targaryen/Targaryen or Targaryen/Valeryon parents) to not have purple or blue eyes and the bright blonde hair. The only Targs confirmed not to have those looks are listed here. They are all of mixed Valyrian and others descent.

Tyene Sand is the one member of House Martell confirmed to not have the dark hair and dark eyes, with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She specifically takes after her septa mother. If you can find someone else please tell me. Her half-sister Obara has brown hair, her other half-sister Nymeria has black hair, her thrid half-sister Sarella has black hair and black eyes.

Can you find anything to disprove my assessment?

Assumption being the keyword.

And we are not discussing full Valyrian descent. We are discussing Martell and Targ as parents.

Not sure what your assessment has to do with anything.

The Daynes and Lysenes look Valyrian, not Targ.

We haven't meet Lynesse. "Looks like Daenerys" could mean that she was blonde and fragile, not that she actually had the Valyrian look. Jorah isn't the most objective guy either.

And Targs look Valyrian, so what? GRRM chose his words and descriptions, not me.

All we know about Lynesse looking like Daeneyrs is what GRRM told us Jorah thinks. GRRM's decision, not mine.

The point is that GRRM tells us what he tells us, and no more, for a reason we are yet to understand.

I actually think the D&E thing is an easter egg (including stuff like the Lannister fighting the Tyrell; the Lannisters and Tyrells fought over Sansa's marriage). I just don't think the Targaryen points to Jon.

Or you could look at the tourney Sansa actually attended, her own father's tourney.

Sansa watched Sandor defeat:

Baratheon

Lannister

Tyrell ("The day is yours")

Also Littlefinger bet against him and lost.

And hey, let's fit Sweetrobin in there, she's pretending to kiss Sandor when she kisses him.

Sansa "knew the Hound would win" and Ned said she "had the right of it" and she remembered: He had been the champion in her father's tourney, Sansa remembered.

Just saying, if tourneys are foreshadowing, why not the one she watched?

Archived