Sansa will marry Jon Snow

Taenqyrhae

I don't see why it's such a big leap. I doubt Jon and Sansa had much of a sibling relationship growing up. Robb wanted another boy to play with and Arya was something of an outcast herself, along with being defiant. Sansa grew up a proper lady and very close with her mother, so it's likely she only saw Jon as a brother in the lightest sense. I doubt they interacted very much.

They're cousins, but apparently that's not creepy at all in Westeros. So, yeah, I don't see the match as likely, but not impossible.

When I first read the books my gut feeling was that Jon and Arya will marry at some point. I'm not so sure anymore, but there's still plenty of foreshadowing for it (which is usually ignored or explained differently by most readers of this topic). I find Jon/Sansa less likely, but who knows. (I give both Aegon/Sansa and Gendry/Sansa more chance).

While I understand all the strong feelings against Jon/Sansa or Jon/Arya, I don't agree with them, for several reasons. (I may be wrong in some cases, this is just my opinion):

1) We are talking about Westeros here, not modern times. If Jon has a good reason for marrying Arya or Sansa (political or love), he will do it, because he can do it, because it is not incest as they are cousins. Nobody would care what they believed for most of their lives. Jon will probably want Arya/Sansa to agree, but if Jon decides to ask one of them to marry him (i.e he has a good enough reason), I highly doubt that the main issue would be that Arya or Sansa doesn't want to go along because they grew up as siblings.

2) Which brings us to my second concern. They didn't grow up as siblings. They were separated early. Obviously they never had a chance to think romantically about each other, because they only have met as children. Arya was 9! when she last saw Jon. And Sansa was more interested in dreams, and Jon wasn't interested in girls at all, because of his bastard status.

By the time they meet next, they all will be grown ups (with the possible exception of Arya), with real-life experiences, And even Arya may be around 13-14 years old by the end of the story, so she is technically considered a woman.

3) They didn't just spend some time apart. All three of them changed completely, Arya the most, so by the time they meet next, they need to start to get known each other again. Plenty of room for romantic feelings, if GRRM wants to go there. Any memories they have of each other will be washed away by the new experiences, and will be just, well, memories of the good old days.

I'm not going into details with all the possible foreshadowing, as I know it won't convice anybody. The best we can do is to wait for GRRM to finish the story, and we will see. But I wouldn't completely exclude these relationships.

Edit: grammar

And it gets worse... The thing that GRRM hammers in repeatedly, over and over and over again, is that Jon calls Arya "little sister"...

"I will miss you, little sister."... "He used to muss my hair and call me 'little sister.'" Arya missed Jon most of all... "My little sister." There, just are a few, there are many more. Jon sees Arya as his sister. Arya sees Jon as her brother. They aren't going to get married.

There's way less of a connection for Sansa, you might as well say she'll marry someone she never met... Oh, that's right, people do say that. This is the penultimate book, he's not going to pull something out of his butt at the last minute. That would be terrible writing.

The idea that Jon and Sansa will marry isn't a 'theory' but a wight. It's dead as a doornail and yet arises every once in a while to wreak havoc on the boards. But what will kill this wight? Logic doesn't do it, in story family relationships won't do it, discussing the agency of the characters and their own desires won't do it.

The wight is fed on the assumption that when/if R+L=J is revealed the Iron Throne will be handed over immediately to Jon Targaryen, nee Snow. Other fan assumptions; like the one that Sansa wants to be Queen more than anything. She will immediately forget all her past experiences and fall so hard in love with JT that the fall will shatter the souls of many fans. Fed on these and other assumptions makes this particular wight hard to kill, but still, brave fans try their best.

In spite of beautiful arguments on the awfulness of the wight, it still lives. The thread grows quiet and fades away but the wight, no, it hides in the nooks and crannies of Westeros.org only to rise once more. But fans dream of spring, a spring without wights, and so, bravely they will face the wight when it appears again.

But alas, like Winter, the Sansa will marry Jon wight, is always out there, waiting.

Why?? You believe Jon is a person who murders a friend because he wants his wife? Well, everyone in the series is more or less grey... but that would be more grey.

You missed the point... I don't see the difference between Ramsay and Tyrion in Jon's eyes regarding this.

You missed the point... I don't see the difference between Ramsay and Tyrion in Jon's eyes regarding this.

This is a sentence I simply do not understand. What is "regarding this"?

Is Jon so much in need of a wife that he would stop at nothing and murder? Sorry, but not the character of Jon so far. And so far we do not even have any hint that he would want Sansa. I guess if Jon ever becomes king he would simply declare Tyrion's marriage void if Sansa and Tyrion insist and Tyrion would be happy about getting rid of a wife who does not want him, being free to find another one.

And if, unlikely but possible, Tyrion should be King he would simply declare himself unmarried and wave goodbye to Sansa. Why do you dream about a so far rather positive hero becoming a murderer for wanting a woman? I like Jon as character and I have hopes for him. Sansa has to stay morally pure in the eyes of some posters while Jon should go down morally?

Is Jon so much in need of a wife that he would stop at nothing and murder?

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. :p

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. :P

And a single woman, upon seeing such fortune, turns into a shameless gold digger, even if the man used to be her half brother but is now her cousin.

It is not known, Jon's one true love is Satin.

Satin was just a fling after being dumped by Sam. Besides, Satin is near and Sansa is far away. You know, the old 'love the one you're with' routine. Jon even sent Edd away in his sadness of being dumped by Sam.

And on the next episode of 'As the Wall Turns' will Satin try to win back Jon's love, or has he joined the Ides of Marsh? Stay tuned!

I'm going with the Sansa and Sansa parallel.

The tourney she watched herself. Moist eyed and eager, watching the one she's dreaming of kissing, as he defeated Baratheon, Lannister, and Tyrell. Littiefinger bet against him and lost. And she's thinking of him while kissing Sweetrobin.

That accounts for all her actual suitors. Sandor is a suitor, too. And she even remembers he was the champion: He had been the champion in her father's tourney, Sansa remembered.

Val. I think Jon and Val are going to at least get it on. Sexual healing.

(Stab wounds and all...)

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar (Old Norse "single (or once) fighters"[1]). When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens, and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

BR is Odin's parallel. Val is named after valkyrie. I am 100% sure that she wll smuggle Jon out of the ice cell with the help of Wun Wun after he is put there.

Is Jon so much in need of a wife that he would stop at nothing and murder? Sorry, but not the character of Jon so far. And so far we do not even have any hint that he would want Sansa. I guess if Jon ever becomes king he would simply declare Tyrion's marriage void if Sansa and Tyrion insist and Tyrion would be happy about getting rid of a wife who does not want him, being free to find another one.

And if, unlikely but possible, Tyrion should be King he would simply declare himself unmarried and wave goodbye to Sansa. Why do you dream about a so far rather positive hero becoming a murderer for wanting a woman? I like Jon as character and I have hopes for him. Sansa has to stay morally pure in the eyes of some posters while Jon should go down morally?

You didn't get the comparison between Ramsay/Arya and Tyrion/Sansa in terms of forced marriage and Jon saving his sister? I doubt it was meant that Jon will kill Tyrion because of he wants Sansa, but because he kinda forced himself upon (marriage-wise) to Sansa.

Archived