Small Questions v.10095

Jon Weirgaryen

Was the decision made at the Trident? I always thought it wasn't made until Kings Landing, hence Cersei's comments that Ned should have taken the throne.

I'd like to see that confirmed one way or the other. I'm sure Jon, Robert and Ned reached an understanding when Jon called his banners. Rhaegar had "kidnapped" Lyanna, and Aerys had executed Rickard and Brandon without what passed for due process. And I would think that Hoster would have been more inclined to join a band of rebels with clear objectives regarding the throne. I'll bet he would have insisted on Robert for Catelyn if Robert wasn't still betrothed to the "kidnapped" Lyanna.

I know the white walkers can't pass through the Wall because of the magic and spells used to make it, but is it ever said in the books if the Children of the Forest can pass through? I just wondered if they (like the Wildlings) were just on the wrong side when the Wall was built and if they can ever return south again.

I think they stay mostly North of the Wall because thats where most of the Weirwoods are, plus, there aren't that many of them left.

No one expected some crazy Westerosi taking Slaver's Bay and starting war.

Especially one who's own House was built with slaves and who invaded other parts of the world to enslave more people to keep them in gold and silver. The Valyrians were the worst slavers in the world before the Doom.

After Rhaegar's death, but before Ned was send towards KL

Ran's post on the matter

Dankjewel! That makes sense then. It's probably been talked about by the four great lords bit not claimed. There's still a chance at the Trident to force a defeated Rhaegar into a Magna Carta of sorts. But with Rhaegar's death they decide to claim the throne for Robert. Robert sends the Ned to KL because he trusts him completely.

Who was it that decided to name Robert as King on the Trident? Was it Robert himself or the rebels as a whole?

Given Robert's entire attitude towards ruling, I'm guessing it was pretty much everyone who wasn't him, likely put forward by Jon Arryn.

While Robert didn't give a shit and didn't want to be king anyway, Arryn seems the sort of proper and official sort of guy who'd be very much concerned with "legitimizing" the Rebellion from a legal standpoint by naming him a legal successor via his Targaryen blood a million times removed from some marriage way back when.

Hmm, he could have sent Jon. What's Ned got that Jon hasn't? Youth? A sister to rescue?

Did Ned want and apply for the job? Or had he been named "general" of the new king's army?

Do we care? ;-)

Or did Jon, as Robert's soon-to-be-Hand, remain by the side of his soon-to-be-king, and help him make the decision that still needed to be made before Robert moved towards KL as well (like deciding on Barristan's fate... we know Roose was still there, we don't know if Ned still was. Even if this decision came before Ned left, there could have easily been multiple similar decision that needed to be made concerning other captives).

Dankjewel!

:D

Archived