Small Questions v.10095

Jon Weirgaryen

If Aegon is a Blackfyre, why would he fly Targaryen banners? Why would a Blackfyre host campaigning in Westeros be any less appealing to the realm than a Targaryen host? Is the most important thing that he is presented as Rhaegar Targaryen's son? If so, why?

Rhaegar was popular and loved by the people. Some characters have even mentioned that people still wait for him to save them.

1) If Aegon is a Blackfyre, why would he fly Targaryen banners? 2) Why would a Blackfyre host campaigning in Westeros be any less appealing to the realm than a Targaryen host? 3) Is the most important thing that he is presented as Rhaegar Targaryen's son? If so, why?

1) Because Aegon and his Hand believe he is a Targaryen. 2) Because the Blackfyres were branded as traitors, while the Targaryens ruled for nearly 300 years. It's not the most important thing but it gives them Dorne and any Targaryen loyalists.

Can someone point me to a thread containing discussions on the maps and geography of all the lands???

What else is out there? Are there new lands/people to be discovered?

and also... I see y'all referring to time as 175 AC or 200 AC. What are we basing this off of and what does AC stand for?

THANKS,

Cajun - The Lord of Coonass'

Can someone point me to a thread containing discussions on the maps and geography of all the lands???

and also... I see y'all referring to time as 175 AC or 200 AC. What are we basing this off of and what does AC stand for?

THANKS,

The AC stands for After Conquest, it means After Aegon's Conquest. 175 AC would be 175 years after Aegon's Conquest, 200 AC would be 200 years after, etc.

THANKS,

If you're interested in geography, you can check out Lands of Ice and Fire.

Edmure Tully signed away the rights of the Tully family to ruling the Riverlands, if Lysa married Baelish under the current regime they would take the name Baelish, but its kind of a silly question because the political situation changes so much that its impossible to say what it would be at the time a baby was born, that's in addition to the fact that Lysa is already dead and LF will likely not survive the series so...

Why didn't Robert feel slighted when Loras crowned Sansa Queen of Love and Beauty, the girl to be his son's wife.

Loras did not name Sansa the QoLaB. The winner of the tourney does that, and Loras was not the winner. That was the Hound (who did not name anyone, as far as we know).

Loras gave Sansa a rose, just as he had given multiple other girls a rose during the tourney. That's what he does. Robert will have known that.

In addition, Robert most likely had some knowledge about Loras and Renly, and would have known there was nothing to worry about.

Loras did not name Sansa the QoLaB. The winner of the tourney does that, and Loras was not the winner. That was the Hound (who did not name anyone, as far as we know).

Loras gave Sansa a rose, just as he had given multiple other girls a rose during the tourney. That's what he does. Robert will have known that.

In addition, Robert most likely had some knowledge about Loras and Renly, and would have known there was nothing to worry about.

Actually I think the text suggests that Robert didn't have a clue about his brother and Loras's romance. But I agree that Loras' sgift of a rose to Sansa was harmless.

Actually I think the text suggests that Robert didn't have a clue about his brother and Loras's romance. But I agree that Loras' sgift of a rose to Sansa was harmless.

If Jamie knew about Renly and Loras, so did Robert.

Well, Robert was Renly's brother, while Jamie was nothing to him.

My question was: Why would Robert know about Renly and Loras if Jamie knew about them, since you suggested a connection. I don't see a connection, and you answer does not answer my question.

But never mind - afaik Robert did not mind anything, as far as I can see, as long as there was enough for him to drink, hunt or make love to and neither dragons were mentioned.

Bit of an odd question, but I'm curious.

George dedicated A Storm of Swords to "Phyllis who made me put the dragons in."

Has he ever mentioned or commented on how he thought about that part of the story before he did?

Outstanding question! I've always assumed that he had two stories in mind and decided to meld them into an epic saga. I would love to know the truth.

Archived