Difference in Inside HBO's Game of Thones's book versions?

rsngfrce

(Oh, on an unrelated subject, I just completed my first HBO Store purchase for some GoT merchandise and while I found the customer support people very firendly, the HBO Store, at least with my with regards to my order, has got to be the most disorganized and uniformed internet retailer that I have ever dealt with in my MANY years of internet purchasing! But that is a story for another time, if anyone is interested...)

Out of about 6 orders I've placed with the HBO store for GoT items, they screwed up on 4 or 5 of them. One time it was in my favor. One time they wouldn't make it right so I had to file a claim with PayPal to get my money back. I won't buy from the HBO Store again.

It might just be that no one here has the version you are talking about and therefore, doesn't have an answer for you...

I can tell you that I have the Collector's edition in the box and it has 192 pages and is a 1st printing. It's possible that it was later revised but without seeing an actual copy, I can't give you an answer.

I would suggest going to that bookstore you hate and asking them to order it for you and make sure it's the season 1 & 2 book. You don't have to pay until you pick it up and if it's the same book, you don't have to make the purchase. No shipping or return problems either.

I am a fan of the show but mostly I'm a collector of books - not just GRRM stuff. I got the Collector's edition when I saw it on sale and after a coupon code a friend gave me, got it for $10. It was a no-brainer! I don't know that I would pick up a revised edition but I will probably get the season 3 & 4 book.

• 3 weeks later...

I've placed several orders from HBO Store and never had a problem. Well, once a I got a damaged Pop box and as an in box collector I complained and they sent me another one without returning the first one or paying for shipping again, so kudos to them.

I bought my collector's edition from ebay at $45 and I smile when I see the price on HBO store :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived