12 Monkeys

Martini Sigil

Oh I definitly dont regret at all to have watch and loved this show !

Initially, I was afraid of trying to adapt that movie, but man, the show has found its own mythology, its own characters, its own pace and it's a blast of a story !

The last four episodes, including this finale, were intense !

Cant wait to see Cassie in 2043 and learn wtf is it about those damn 12 Monkeys, and see what happens to Katarina (who is an extraordinary character imo) and Whitley and chief scientist (forgot his name) now on the loose !

And of course 2015 ! Did Cole just changed the past by saving Ramse... hehe, that's gonna have ripples !

Ready for season 2 !

By the way, the explanation by which Cole can no longer time-travel is that the necessary fluids Jones injected him before each splinter were evacuated from his body with the paradox (according to the writer).

And little scenaristic twist we learnt from the finale : being injected those fluids alter cellular aging... interesting.

Well, the particles taken from his younger self are not going to be in the older Cole at all. So there shouldn't actually be a paradox. Between two Coles a month displaced in time, yes there would be a paradox, but more than a year it shouldn't be a problem. All water in a human body is replaced in days, and water makes up 72% of us. All the particles in our cells would be gone and replaced beyond a year. So the explanation is just bogus, but I'm not worrying about it.

Time travel Magic. That's all we need to know. I should trademark that. Time Travel Magic.TM

• 2 weeks later...

^ :agree:

And the show, as I've said above, is building its own mythology (and it does that quite well actually !!!).

I wonder where those red leaves on the splinter machine in 2043 are from... clearly the red plants are an effect of a paradox, but what paradox could be powerful enough to ripple through time that much ?

^ :agree:

And the show, as I've said above, is building its own mythology (and it does that quite well actually !!!).

I wonder where those red leaves on the splinter machine in 2043 are from... clearly the red plants are an effect of a paradox, but what paradox could be powerful enough to ripple through time that much ?

I thought the red plants in 2043 were shown to be plants that were sent through the machine in 2015.

I don't know if they are always turned red due to a paradox. There have been times Cole has simply splintered and a plant near him turned red.

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to this and I just finished episode 5. It took me that long to realise the quality isn't just a fluke - it's genuinely entertaining. I like how they are playing around with things and that so far all evidence points to the fact that any attempt to change the past is actually ensuring it happens. So, ep 5 introduced the fact that

other time travellers have been at play and I'm willing to bet the carcass with the virus is one of them - I even wondered if Cole was the carcass when he started wigging out (although that might be a bit of time alteration going on.

Sure this post feels like a bit of time-travel for the rest of you. I'll catch up on the discussion when I'm done - I don't want to risk any spoilers as I get the impression this show will have a few surprises before the end of season.

• 6 months later...

I don't get the chance to watch this show as much as I'd like, but even dropping in here and there on it doesn't ruin my interest in it.  I don't quite know what the hell is happening half the time, but it doesn't bother me.  :drunk: 

• 2 months later...

Archived