12 Monkeys

Martini Sigil

Yeah, I had the exact same feeling after watching it... and even though it's probably going to be my favourite season of all those I watch (even though Orphan Black and GoT may give it a run for its money), I have quite a lot of other shows to wait till then ! ^^

44 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I almost regret watching it because that three week wait will suck.  But good to know that season 2 will be just as good as season 1.  

And that's why I'm waiting :)

I would like to get a rewatch of season 1 in before season 2, but I'm not sure I'll have time.

• 2 weeks later...

It's back!  Another thoroughly enjoyable episode.

I forgot to mention before, but Madeleine Stowe, who played Kathryn Railly in the Gilliam movie, is guest starring in the season 2 finale.

Edit:  Actually she was in the season premiere too, just a voice over though.

:cheers:

Glad we're at least a few to the rendez-vous here ! 

Damn, that episode was great ! This season is shaping up to be quite amazing, full of (in the end coherent) twists and turns. The chessboard has been reorganized, the timeline altered... anything can/will/had/whatever happen ! 

And that io9 article got me so pumped up ! Let's bring it on ! 

Not reading the recent posts since I've still got a few episodes left on Season 1... but I just wanted to thank the thread for turning me onto this.  This is a primo quality show for SyFy... I'm deinitelyf hooked and can't wait for more.

We dont really know the exact nature of each Messenger's mission but apparently they were two of them on Alec this time (yeah, sorry, cant remember his real character name ! ^^), so maybe just six Primaries and a couple of Messengers for each, but I rather think they have more diverse missions. Maybe just a small group of them is supposed to track the Primaries while the others do some other stuff to aid in their hunt... but that's just spitballing...

And since only a handfew of them made the journey through time. (Katarina, Cassie, Deacon and co managed to kill some of them in the premiere), it's probably going to be tough for them to track them all down 

So, another question I had at the end... was that final scene with the Pallid Man before or after the

paradox explosion last season ? Did he survive it or we just had a cameo from him before his death

to explain his backstory ?

Well, I guess time will tell. 

Isn't the Pallid Man that Messenger's son?  He must have been born in the previous timelines too, unless he exists somehow multi-timeline due to the paradox explosion?  Perhaps that's the whole point of killing the primaries -- to create a bunch of multi-timeline people immune to paradoxes.

• 4 weeks later...

No comments on episodes 6 and 7?

6 was pretty good.  Weird seeing Cassie essentially confined to the hotel room set for a whole episode, and beginning of the next.

7 felt like they were trying to save money by doing an episode confined to the 2044 base set.  It might be my least favourite ep of the series, but it ended well though.  I guess Sam recognized whoever it was that took his hand at the end there?

Hopefully they've saved enough to pour money into the latter six episodes of this season and remind us why we love this show.

I'm definitely still a fan and always eager yo watch the show. But for whatever reason, I rarely have much to say about it. I think it might be because there isn't much theorizing to be done. There are several mysteries, to be sure, but I'm not sure if it matters what the answers are to them. The witness could be multiple people, but in the end it's all the same result, ya know.

Same as Pepp, I'm a big fan, but I don't have much to add.  I'm in the camp that believes the Witness was created by Jones' initial screwing around with the timeline... 

Also from the beginning, I had mixed feelings on going back in time to prevent the plague.  How did Jones know that they wouldn't prevent the plague, only to have nuclear war break out and kill everything living on the planet?  As much as it sucked to wipe out 99% of humanity... that's still a preferable alternative to wiping out 100%.  

Regardless, I'm still a sucker for time travel stories.  

Archived