12 Monkeys

Martini Sigil

What's that song at the beginning of S02E07?  

Lyrics start out "I'd... go with you to the moon... and back, but darling that's a long... way to fly..."  I can't find it anywhere. But I like it

Everytime I think the show cant pull the bar higher, they go beyond...

What an episode ! 

Looking forward to that "Hyena" event Jen (O, Jen, how awesome you are !) mentionned... hehe, I guess we'll know next week ! Go Team Hyena ! 

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't checked how many episodes were in this season so I was expecting a finale.  Three more to go though.

Anyone thinks Ramses' son is the Witness?  I really hope this year's finale is as great and surprising as last years.

17 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Anyone thinks Ramses' son is the Witness?  

That has been my assumption for awhile.

But then after he was abducted, that feels like the obvious "twist" so I'm hoping it's someone else.

I thought it was his son too for awhile, but after the last few episodes I'm less certain.  Now we're getting all this Titan business.  I have to say I'm losing interest as it goes on... I really enjoyed season 1 much more than season 2 (so far anyway).  

Sam seems like a likely suspect, though I'm wondering if the person whose hand he grabbed is the real driver of this.  

I've also wondered a lot about Cassie since she's the one the witness keeps engaging with and the witness has been clear about James's safety, which Cassie would advocate for.  Last season when she was dying in Cole's arms at the CDC, she was obviously very old, and the way she interacted with him suggested a very close and loving relationship.  

So, still don't know but still really enjoying this show. 

The past two episodes have been excellent.  Jennifer has been killing it.  So did Dutch (forget his name here), and it's nice to know that even though he's dead, we'll still get to see him.  His sacrifice was very well done too.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode got sort of trippy there at the end.  Titan wasn't there when Zeit first scouted, but then later is there.  The Bleeders also mentioned something scary in that direction.  So did Titan come about due to the paradox or due to Cassie and Cole going on this new path?  

The red forest hypnosis that Olivia forced on Cassie makes me wonder if she really wanted to hook up with Cole or if she was coerced into it.  It was strange that she didn't mention what the house signified to Cole.  

The "he" the Olivia mentioned has to be Cole since Cole is the only one who lived there from 1957-1959.  I'm rejecting any notion that it could be a baby from Cole and Cassie because fucking hell, special baby storylines are always the absolute worst.  However, I do acknowledge that parenthood has driven much of the story, so I wouldn't be surprised if the show goes that route.  Supremely disappointed, but not entirely surprised.  

5 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Holy cow....great cameo....

There may come a day when the courage of women fails, but it is not *this* day....

Be excellent to each other.

I was thinking it was a great episode, it was going to stick the landing once again, until it wobbled at the end there.  Given how much I loved the episode otherwise, and how much I love the show, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and imagine they'll be the exception that can make this work.

For Frodo...

(Until we know otherwise, I'm calling the baby Frodo!)

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh for fuck's sake.  I knew it was coming, but I still hoped this show wouldn't go the stupid super special baby route.  

Ha. Sounds like I was right to abandon this crap a couple of episodes into season 2. Shame, I loved the first season but the writers seem to be a little out of control.

Well, you're missing on something then.

Season 2 has been nothing but stellar all the way !

This finale was no exception, even if we all called the Witness nature... but being predictable doesnt necessarly mean bad or easy, it can also mean coherent and logical... which it was imo.

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Ha. Sounds like I was right to abandon this crap a couple of episodes into season 2. Shame, I loved the first season but the writers seem to be a little out of control.

I thought the season was amazing, actually.  I just can't stand certain types of plots.  If it involves a kid or child actors, I'm usually guaranteed to dislike it.

Like  Arkash said, it was always logical that it would be the kid.  As I mentioned before, parenthood has driven much of the story.  The one interesting part of this is that Cole and Cassie are in the position of wanting to get rid of the kid/Witness.  Cole's mission has been to save the world - and he kept to that as we saw - while Cassie's mission has been to eliminate the Witness.  Since we've already seen that time moves around Cole and Cassie differently and that altering the timeline will have no effect on her pregnancy, there's a big question over what they'd do to prevent the kid from becoming the Witness who destroys the world. 

I am curious to see how they imagine the future.  

Archived