R+L=J v.130

Jon Weirgaryen

Kind of. For example my deepest most guilty desire is that Jon is on the Throne after has saved the world from Mad King's daughter the destroyer of the world wearing only his after shave but for various reasons I cannot have that as my av. So we have to adapt our desires.

You really sure you want him on the throne like that? Seems kinda ... vulnerable. In places. :leaving:

Well, I'll suggest one:

If Aegon is real, what will that mean for Jon?

Honestly...not much, IMO. I think Aegon and Jon will never met, the former dying in the Dance 2.0 So even if he is "real" he's going to be dragon fodder before WOW ends.

However, where it might make a bigger difference is when in comes to Dany and Jon. If Dany suspects Aegon of being fAegon (perhaps Tyrion clues her in...?) then I think there is a possibility that she won't believe any evidence that Jon is really Rhaegar's true born son. Though her opinion might change if he suddenly hops on a dragon.

Honestly...not much, IMO. I think Aegon and Jon will never met, the former dying in the Dance 2.0 So even if he is "real" he's going to be dragon fodder before WOW ends.

However, where it might make a bigger difference is when in comes to Dany and Jon. If Dany suspects Aegon of being fAegon (perhaps Tyrion clues her in...?) then I think there is a possibility that she won't believe any evidence that Jon is really Rhaegar's true born son. Though her opinion might change if he suddenly hops on a dragon.

Well, tbf, he wouldn't have to be trueborn to ride a dragon.

I agree, though, that Dany would definitely be more suspicious of Jon being Rhaegar's son after Aegon. Which could potentially cause problems with fighting the Others.

Aegon, real or fake, is just as likely to hop on a dragon as Jon. Riding a dragon isn't actually indicative of anything. She might think of it in those terms, but it's not proof of anything either way.

Jon does have a big advantage on Aegon: He doesn't need to prove that he's Rhaegar's son. If no one believes it, who cares? If Dany doesn't believe it, who cares? He still has cache where he needs to have it, in the North and with the wildlings. For them, it's more valuable if he's Ned's son than if he's Rhaegar's. Whereas Aegon has no choice: He has to convince people that he's Rhaegar's son, in order to have security on the throne.

I do agree that Aegon probably won't have much if any effect on Jon. It could be another parallel where a Stark cleans up the mess left after two petulant Targ brats fight each other, but doesn't actually take part in the main conflict himself.

Well, tbf, he wouldn't have to be trueborn to ride a dragon.

I agree, though, that Dany would definitely be more suspicious of Jon being Rhaegar's son after Aegon. Which could potentially cause problems with fighting the Others.

Oh right, sorry. That was more just "Rhaegar's son/blood of dragon" leave out the trueborn stuff, I agree.

I do agree that Aegon probably won't have much if any effect on Jon. It could be another parallel where a Stark cleans up the mess left after two petulant Targ brats fight each other, but doesn't actually take part in the main conflict himself.

I think if Jon hears that Rhaegar's son is trying to win back the IT in KL his first reaction will be,"great! Can he send his armies northward? That'd be swell." And then if he hears about Dany, "great! Can she send her armies northward? That'd be swell."

The only way I see Jon and Aegon "interacting" is through JonCon if the latter lives long enough and ends up going north.

(hm. Would JonCon be able to tell that Jon is Rhaegar's son? Could he possibly "see" Rhaegar in him....)

I think if Jon hears that Rhaegar's son is trying to win back the IT in KL his first reaction will be,"great! Can he send his armies northward? That'd be swell." And then if he hears about Dany, "great! Can she send her armies northward? That'd be swell."

And then he'll turn around and think, "Are you fucking kidding me?" when instead they turn on and fight each other in DotD Deux.

And then he'll turn around and think, "Are you fucking kidding me?" when instead they turn on and fight each other in DotD Deux.

So many *head desks*

I absolutely don't see Jon trying to convince anyone he is Rhaegar's son.

I absolutely DO see others trying to convince people on Jon's behalf, for various reasons.

Pretty much

It'd be more difficult to rig a melee. Without being too obvious about it, I mean. Besides the fact that it's just riskier and less controlled to begin with. (Rhaegar could have been hurt in a melee.)

I disagree.. With a melee, there are multiple people fighting at once. You only need to convince one person to do what you want (if the goal is to take out a single person, or perhaps two), or a few people (if the goal is taking out multiple people).

With a tourney, it would first of all depend on the set-up and rules of the tourney (decided by the organizer of the tourney). As we see in The Mystery Knight, when the goal is to keep letting the fighters fight 1 on 1 and have the winner of match 1 fight the winner of match 2, for example, you will need to pay off every single person your guy is supposed to face. And TMK shows that all it takes is one person saying "no" to cause trouble

Archived